Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

The budding Oxford student actually thought you put a wet laptop in rice? 🤦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i so thought Amy was gonna smash that laptop and stamp on it in front of Aaron - what a cop-out just thrusting it back at him

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I know soaps are always a bit all over the place in terms of storylines and how realistic things are, but the whole Stephen storyline feels so at odds with everything else that's going on at the moment.

what was that scene with stephen driving them toerags to outside the cop station all about? - is this serial killer going soft in his old age, I though he was going to kill them. Thats more his style . Earlier on they said they would go to the police if he didnt give them 10 grand each. Then he said no, then they walk away and say they are going to cops ...... then he calls them back and says he will get the money in an hour.

Only to later on pick them both up in his spanking new car ... to drive them too the cop shop!

I reckon as well this meeting Shona at the precinct will have something to do with a later storyline I reckon .... there will be something happen and he will say he was somewhere else , or possibly someone (maybe Tims mum) will give him an alibi and then shona will say something like "No, he couldnt have been there because I was coming out of the shop in the precinct with a cream horn and bumped into you Stephen... do you remember?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shes giving Rosie Webster a run for her money as thickest character in Corries history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭prunudo

Why did the writers make Tim dislike about his mum and Stephen an age thing. He never implied that in the past, he just doesn't like or trust the man. Not sure what hold the actor has on them, but they're doing the best to string out the storyline for as long as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dee Dee is great especially compared to Michael!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Those two 'toerags' reminded me of two members of a boy band. Who does the casting in this thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

And then when he shouted 'scoot' and they legged it out of the car. Totally unbelievable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How has nobody noticed Stephen is never out of that skanky pinstripe suit that must be bet into him at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

How did Steven get a new car lol

It's probably from a high end rental company, he got it to impress those 2 clients and will use a wishy washy excuse next week when he has to return it. Or maybe he used Elaines money as a deposit. Eitherway, the longer it goes on, the more ridiculous every story around him gets.

Convenient now that Elaine mentions she needs her medication. Watch Stephen now manipulate that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Ok this storyline with Stephen is going on waaaaay too long...so now we have to watch him try bump Elaine off. Boring!!!

not boring ... long may it (him) continue . couldnt stand him (and his accent and acting) when he first joined the street and now I like to tune in to see who makes him angry next and who he is gonna bump off next . - could do with wiping out quite a few more people on the street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Wasn't it Seans bloke that there was a story about he killed his wife in skiing trip for insurance claim not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Maybe he could just shout “scoot” and give Elaine a heart attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

That story turned into a complete nothing. I think maybe the writers try out storylines, and if they get good traction in media and socials... they persue it, if not they quietly drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Brian has so many “hobbies”. He was an expert teacher rabbiting on about literature etc., then he was a thespian/acting amateur dramatics enthusiast, was he a cycling enthusiast, (or is that my memory playing tricks on me?), now he’s a wildly enthusiastic model shipbuilder, although there was never any mention of that previously. Is there no end to the mans talents??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I do remember him being a cycling entusiast. He was a MAMIL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I stopped watching when the Evil Jeff storyline was going on waaay too long. I tune in again and am still getting to grips with Stephen but I dont fully know whats going on, although some parts are really exagerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

All the flags and royal stuff in Coronation St! (Well I guess the clue is in the name!). I wonder will they show a street party or something or mention when Charles had a part on Corrie!

I'd say so, sure Steve was watching the snooker last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,752 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes, I'm fairly sure they'll do something for it.

This Moring are filming live from Coronation Street on Friday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I hope Brian wins 'Seaman of the year' and the prize is a very very long cruise (one way).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

Who was the chap cosying up to Jenny? Why was Stephen scowling when he saw him?

the chap was the designer firm that gave the order to the knicker factory - Stephen scowling cause he fancies Jenny

I dunno about Paul dying naturally - what is wrong with the bloke , he must definitely have a death wish pulling a stunt like he did with your druggy gangster man from the bistro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DT2016

Jenny’s new fella gonna get the chop and maybe Elaine but are we supposed to care? Serial killer stories are only good when you bump big characters off

Leo was in the soap 2 years so maybe that’s ok, then his dad but he was only a few months and then Rufus was only a few weeks.

I see in the end Sally & Jenny taken hostage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I have to fast forward the scenes with Brian and George.... they're painful!

Advertisement