Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

that is different to providing a childminding service where standards are not being met.

Nothing stopping someone having 10 kids of their own in a caravan with rats running around the place. Indeed many asylum seekers / homeless are living in totally cramped conditions. But Gemma is operating a childminding service and not adhering to regulations isn't allowed. Not saying this is morally right etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

big solicitor with a solicitors brain in his head believes he is the father without seeing it in writing and also believes her when she said they just "told her over the phone!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭prunudo

I guess Gerry will be next to mysteriously vanish as quick as he arrived.

Also, we need more Tim and Steve scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

GAAcailin, yes you are right. It is illegal to have so many children being cared for by one minder only. The premises probably isn't suitable but definitely the number of children at that age is way too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,303 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Though teacher man Daniel and ADHD Michael were quite happy to pay Gemma's cheap rates and ask no questions.

Trying to think of any redeeming characteristics of Beth....failing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I think Adam knows he should have a letter but he's too scared to find out the truth. ......Was the envelope Sarah ripped up an unopened one??

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Yeah, it wasn’t made clear whether Sarah opened the letter or not.

Ridiculous to say the news came in a phone call. If it was, it would be backed up by a letter, and any solicitor worth his salt would know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

I think that's the end of the baby story for a while. Might be revisted in a few years that the baby is Damons.

Toyah being a bit naive, you'd think she would be more careful with her security and what she says given Spiders job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Gail made me laugh when she told Sarah she’d nothing to apologise for. Fresh from shagging another fella that she’s probably pregnant by while standing next to her husband. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

David telling Tracy that she's had more action than the SAS was delivered perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The Spider-Toyah shoot out scene was one of the worst I've ever seen. Spider's lamentable acting. Is he the very worst of the cast?

His police training came to naught when he was overpowered by that woman. A shot. He falls. She aims at Toyah. Spider recovers. Another shot. His call for back up! Comedy gold. Where's Alan Partridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Stephen to Elaine "hey , don't forget to pack your Hiking Boots... it can get quite treacherous on those mountain walks!" 😯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

The guy who plays Spider has got to be one of the worst actors I've ever seen. How the hell did he get a job on Corrie! Did he collect enough crisp packets or something 🤔

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I almost didn't recognise Eileen when she came out of the jacks. The actress has lost loads of weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

Paul asks Billy to help him die

• Advertisement

Hope thats not true, they always say they talk to the relevant charities and associations but more often than not over dramatise the storyline.

Rumours too that Ryan is going to develop an upcoming addiction storyline in connection to his recovery from the acid attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Martin Hancock, the actor who plays him, left the series about twenty years ago feeling his character-Spider-had run its course. And that was twenty years ago! But he is very, very poor. But then so many of the cast are very poor also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭threetrees

I always feel like the Spider actor is reciting lines in an amateur drama practice rather than a professional actor in a prime time TV soap.

personally i dont think it suits her the (weight loss and the hairdo) - very risky sometimes when (especially women) loose weight mid age onwards, can make them look older and sometimes they appear to not be able to stop and go 'too thin' I think. Plus sometimes I think if you have a bit of weight and you go through an illness that makes you loose weight if you carry a bit extra you can then afford to loose the weight and possibly be stronger to help fight the illness

I kind of like Max and Loren as an Item rather than Max and Bec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Was only half watching! What was the connection between Spider and the one who kindnapped Toyah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Her fella was a heroin dealer who was killed after spider arrested him and was out on bail or on the run.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Spoiler-ish....................Apparently tonight is Spider's last episode, so you can all rejoice that his am dram performances will be no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭cozar

the spider episode was like all the writers went on a bonding weekend and the security guard had to write a filler episode in their absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Barbara Knox will turn 90 in September.

They'll have a special episode for her.

A garden center also dedicated a Rose to here.

Below is a picture of her with Thelma Barlow who played Mavis Wilton.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

Advertisement