Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Roy is not friend material, you couldn't trust him with a secret.

One would think he is not living on this planet, or had lived his life as a hermit away from human civilisation due to his level of naivety.

I know they try and portray him as this very righteous character, but he has no loyalty to friends, he would sooner throw them under a bus if they do something wrong or perceived to have done wrong.

I wouldn't miss Roy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭threetrees

How many cups of coffee have been spilled on Sarah's shoes? ! ? ? !

Groundhog Day comes to Coronation Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Oooh... The person who was texting Lauren has good punctuation

Like an English teacher

Daniel Barlow just went top of my suspects list

Next is Max - making the messages look like they're from Daniel

Then, Bethany, the reporter

Still an outside chance of Nathan or somebody from that gang who might have been a teacher before prison

I should add until I see a body I'm going on the presumption she's still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

I'd imagine the texts were from Dee Dee's fella Joel the solicitor and he killed her. Someone suggested their brothers. If so I would have to wonder why he didn't defend him when he was sent down though. So maybe Nathan is innocent for once.

I think he could be a red herring as well though!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I'm thinking Max - he is holding her somewhere , but trying to protect her from someone. - if not i will go with DeDee's fella … for some reason, never had liked the look of him , and he is still shifty looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

It’s more like the bill and murder she wrote now than the street.
    half the cast must be on long haul holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

I agree that it could be Joel. He had the jewellery receipt a few months ago which could have been for the chain. The chain is obviously the piece of evidence that will reveal the killer (or kidnapper) at this stage. Earlier someone said that they thought it would come about that Hope found the chain in a car at the car wash. Tonight it showed Joel at the car wash with Dee Dee. I'd say tomorrow's episode will be from Dee Dee's perspective and we'll see Joel leaving his car to be washed and Hope finding the chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roy has his own cell, a phone in it and wears ordinary clothes, is he the top dog or will become top dog food by Griff

I cannot see Roy getting killed off and I wanted Roscoe to be good, he may come good and help Roy against Griff

Maybe Rowan has Lauren, she objected to his cult and coding after schmoozing her 😄

Nathan definitely is a red herring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭threetrees

All the comments about trusting the system and that the justice system doesn't lock up innocent people. Emmm tell that to Deirdre, Sally, Stu, Peter, and many more in soapland and in real life!

Corrie police always lock up the wrong person!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Nina's dismissal of Dee Dee 'We should never have hired you' is also typical of the way they talk to doctors 'You're useless. Why can't you just operate!.

• Advertisement

So what we are really looking for is somebody who has good punctuation in texts. Either somebody well educated, or somebody doing a very good job impersonating somebody well educated.

Not sure Nathan would naturally have good punctuation considering he seems to be uneducated, nor would he have the cash to buy Lauren lavish gifts as a tradesman

Does teaching pay well for Daniel to fit the bill

Joel or Rowan is looking more likely I'll grant from the above

Hopefully tonight we get answers, and not another repeat of Monday's episode

Joel's mother is joining as he proposes to Dee Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DT2016

Joel 100% will be revealed as the killer but he only has Lauren locked away she won’t be dead.

Joel is not in the soap long enough to care and the same about Lauren I don’t give a F where she is again to care about a soap character it needs weight length of time in the soap etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Apparently when your in remand there meant to be less strict.

Also, I don't know how true this is is because of Covid they're meant to have increased phones in cells in prison and prisoners have a set number of people they can call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Maybe it’s Ken. As a former teacher he would have excellent punctuation😀 It’s all getting a bit crazy with Roy in jail for murder and there isn’t even a body. Do we know for sure that Lauren is dead. I am past caring (not that I ever cared in the first place because I can’t stand Lauren) and I agree it’ll probably be Joel but I would love if they moved on from this storyline.

I can't see Ken overpowering Lauren but the rest of the evidence fits for sure

We don't know for sure if Lauren is dead, no body yet. How the justice system can remand somebody on Murder without knowing if she's dead or not is a bit bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

This is my thoughts too, I don't think she is dead either

It has to be Joel really no one else fits the bill, Roy is very popular with everyone else in the frame

Suppose Nathan and Joel could be in it together somehow

Or another theory is that Laurens far right Dad is somehow involved and has kidnapped her because she wouldn't work with him anymore

I hope Rosco comes good for Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh definitely I couldn’t see Ken’s last storyline being sent to jail for murder although it would be a memorable one😁. I think it will probably be Joel. He fits the bill perfectly.

Corrie won't be brave enough to kill off Roy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

Well I hope stu's mate chokes on a peanut. Joel so.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Congrats to all who said Joel.

Is Kit working with Joel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Why did Joel grab her necklace from the flat....if he had just left it, he wouldn't be caught.

Also, can't see how she's still alive now. He gave her a serious thwacking on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Apprently he was seen filming outside a run down pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

probably because he was afraid it could be traced back to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So Evil 'Ope could be the one to crack it once someone reminds her what Lauren's necklace looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Have Joel and Lauren had any interactions at all on the soap? Has Lauren ever spoken to DeDe?

He seemed to be the obvious suspect though. Curious how they will play this out, but it has dragged on long enough.

Daniel was top of my list although Joel was a close second

As yesterdays episode played out I knew it wouldn't be Daniel as if it was he wouldn't have protested at Nathan going down as much

I think while Joel may have battered her, I don't think he's working on his own. Firstly, Kit planted the hair and secondly why was Griff trying to get Roy to confess so badly? Once Nathan or Roy went down for it, it meant he and anybody in his ring were in the clear

Still I maintain there's no proof she's even dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DT2016

he was Lauren duty solicitor last September so that was foreshadowing!

Corrie last night was good I’ll admit I did laugh

Swain - gets it wrong twice Roy & Nathan

Kit - framing a pedo

Joel - Nathan solicitor did it

Nathan - rot in hell I don’t care he’s been framed the man is a monster

Advertisement