Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

Yes.
    Remember Sally and Tim were going to the tasting night for the new menu in the refurbished bistro.

With Yasmeen in that god awful dress. The night she flips and almost kills Geoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

With Yasmeen in that god awful dress.

Made for fleshy thighs :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fiolina wrote: »
    Was her name stef/ stephanie?
    I liked him, bit of a cheeky chappie, couldn't take to her.
    Had totally forgotten about them.

Yes I liked Des, was he was killed / murdered?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yea gang/druggie fellas.

With Yasmeen in that god awful dress. The night she flips and almost kills Geoff.

I remember them in the pub, was Faye cooking for them then in Sally's :o I may have heard wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Barnes

God I don't remember most of the characters mentioned here. I do remember him being with Raquel.

I remember them in the pub, was Faye cooking for them then in Sally's :o I may have heard wrong

No Faye was waitressing that night, got them the invite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_Barnes

God I don't remember most of the characters mentioned here. I do remember him being with Raquel.

That's coz you're not as auld as the rest of us!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I find it's dragging very much now, with just the single episodes.
    I wonder how long before they run out of filmed ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

spurious wrote: »
    I find it's dragging very much now, with just the single episodes.
    I wonder how long before they run out of filmed ones?

When Yasmeen was being charged they said that she assaulted Geoff on the 14th (I think) of April. So they are about three weeks behind showing episodes. Can’t imagine they’ll last much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Was her name stef/ stephanie?
    I liked him, bit of a cheeky chappie, couldn't take to her.
    Had totally forgotten about them.

Yep that's her alright

340?cb=20120517132555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

jos28 wrote: »
    Yep that's her alright

340?cb=20120517132555

Her name is Amelia Bullmore, and she also (brilliantly) played Alan Partridge's Eastern European girlfriend Sonja. She's also married to sweary Scotsman Jamie from The Thick Of It. She was far too good for Corrie!

Her name is Amelia Bullmore, and she also (brilliantly) played Alan Partridge's Eastern European girlfriend Sonja. She's also married to sweary Scotsman Jamie from The Thick Of It. She was far too good for Corrie!

Was it she who shaved off Kevin’s tash?

Was it she who shaved off Kevin’s tash?

No that was the bauld Natalie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I can’t understand why Liz or Steve haven’t mentioned the disease Jim has. I thought it was genetic so wouldn’t they tell the doctor or Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

She was also in the "Big Train" sketch show.

I can’t understand why Liz or Steve haven’t mentioned the disease Jim has. I thought it was genetic so wouldn’t they tell the doctor or Leanne.

Was all Steve's kids tested for it?

Was all Steve's kids tested for it?

I don’t know because I missed a few episodes at the time Jim left. I’m not sure if Steve and Andy were even checked. I think it’s strange with such a disease that that is so dangerous in their family that Liz or Steve haven’t told the doctors about it. Leanne doesn’t seem to know about it as she hasn’t mentioned it either.

No that was the bauld Natalie.

No. It was Steph. https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_3049_(28th_March_1990)

I don’t know because I missed a few episodes at the time Jim left. I’m not sure if Steve and Andy were even checked. I think it’s strange with such a disease that that is so dangerous in their family that Liz or Steve haven’t told the doctors about it. Leanne doesn’t seem to know about it as she hasn’t mentioned it either.

I vaguely remember Tracy and Amy fighting with Steve over it as he went to see Jim in prison but no more then even when Jim and his nutter one girlfriend were conning Liz

• Advertisement

I vaguely remember Tracy and Amy fighting with Steve over it as he went to see Jim in prison but no more then even when Jim and his nutter one girlfriend were conning Liz

I don’t even remember that because I missed a good few episodes. I saw pictures of Jim and Liz fighting in the graveyard alright so I guess they didn’t part on good terms to say the least. Maybe Liz and Steve think Jim’s illness was all a hoax because he lied about the girlfriend being the daughter? Leanne will be so shocked when she finds out.

Poor Yasmine just rotting away in prison and we don't even get an update :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

At least she is getting a break from living with Geoff :P

The worst thing about this Covid is that it is doubling the length of this Yasmeen storyline, because of the one episode per night schedule. On a regular schedule, it would probably be over with by now. Oh, why didn't Yasmeen heed my advice?...never trust a man that wears a necklace! :pac:

Oh, why didn't Yasmeen heed my advice?...never trust a man that wears a necklace! :pac:

What about Conell? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I couldn’t care less about Yasmine or Geoff at this stage. I’d be happy if they both were written out quickly.

At least Steve mentioned it tonight and Leanne didn't look shocked so she must know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I know they wrote all this before COVID-19, and support groups seem glad it's going to shine a light on mitochondrial disease, but I really can't face months and months of misery with a very sick little boy storyline at the moment :(

Just wrap up the misery of Yasmeen and Geoff instead , ASAP please! :pac:

Preferably with the footage from his despicable videos being played on the big screen at top volume all over the street, followed by a prompt kick to the nuts by Yasmeen and a prison sentence!

Shelga wrote: »
    I know they wrote all this before COVID-19, and support groups seem glad it's going to shine a light on mitochondrial disease, but I really can't face months and months of misery with a very sick little boy storyline at the moment :(

Just wrap up the misery of Yasmeen and Geoff instead , ASAP please! :pac:

Preferably with the footage from his despicable videos being played on the big screen at top volume all over the street, followed by a prompt kick to the nuts by Yasmeen and a prison sentence!

I wouldn't like to mess with you...

• Advertisement

At least Steve mentioned it tonight and Leanne didn't look shocked so she must know

When Steve mentioned it to the doctor I thought the doctor took the news very calmly with hardly any interest at all. I don't know if I'm going a bit deaf or what but I thought Steve said to the doctor he'd never heard of the disease when they were talking in her office. This was despite him telling her earlier on that his dad had it and he'd been tested for it. It's probably my mistake though because the scriptwriters would hardly make a mistake like that.

Advertisement