Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When Steve mentioned it to the doctor I thought the doctor took the news very calmly with hardly any interest at all. I don't know if I'm going a bit deaf or what but I thought Steve said to the doctor he'd never heard of the disease when they were talking in her office. This was despite him telling her earlier on that his dad had it and he'd been tested for it. It's probably my mistake though because the scriptwriters would hardly make a mistake like that.

I don't think Jim has mitochondrial disease, it's something different.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I don't think Jim has mitochondrial disease, it's something different.

I partly guessed it was my mistake but looking on the bright side that means I'm not going deaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

What about Conell? :D

Especially him! :D

Shelga wrote: »
    I know they wrote all this before COVID-19, and support groups seem glad it's going to shine a light on mitochondrial disease, but I really can't face months and months of misery with a very sick little boy storyline at the moment :(

Just wrap up the misery of Yasmeen and Geoff instead , ASAP please! :pac:

Preferably with the footage from his despicable videos being played on the big screen at top volume all over the street, followed by a prompt kick to the nuts by Yasmeen and a prison sentence!

Yes. But Oliver getting a test result for a complicated genetic disease in about 4 hours, while people watching it are waiting a week for a pan-global virology test is getting a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Cradle of filth coming out of Roy's that is the best thing I've seen or heard on corrie in a long time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Poor old nurse Anna Paul got abuse from drunks in Casualty now cranky Steve is off on one.

#ProtectTheNHS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I don't get what Nick and Leanne's fight was about? Was he getting upset because he's looked into mitochondrial disease, or because he's jealous of Leanne and Steve?

Shelga wrote: »
    I don't get what Nick and Leanne's fight was about? Was he getting upset because he's looked into mitochondrial disease, or because he's jealous of Leanne and Steve?

Have noticed him being jealous and feeling left out with Steve moreso on the scene last few episodes to be fair so yeah a mix of that, pretty pathetic considering the circumstances imo

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

And being a crap actor doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,806 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

And being a crap actor doesn't help.

I was certain he was gone for food a few years ago to pursue new things!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I see Lucy Fallon (Bethany Platt) is selling her clothes online, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people buying them are men to cross dress with. I own Kylie Platts top from the live episode 2015 though I have never cross dressed with it, yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jim has myotonic dystrophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Very amused by the breakfast cereal on the Bailey's table. "Choco Puffs" Is someone having a laugh? :confused:

gammygils wrote: »
    Very amused by the breakfast cereal on the Bailey's table. "Choco Puffs" Is someone having a laugh? :confused:

There just cheap chocolate Krispies aka coca pops but I doubt it’s a joke but just a coincidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

The episodes are becoming tedious. I can’t take to the Baileys, I’m sick of Gemma & her children & I don’t want to watch a sick child!! I ended up forwarding the whole thing, no sign of Yasmeen-just holding out to see the end of that storyline, but my god is it dragged out!!

Icsics wrote: »
    The episodes are becoming tedious. I can’t take to the Baileys, I’m sick of Gemma & her children & I don’t want to watch a sick child!! I ended up forwarding the whole thing, no sign of Yasmeen-just holding out to see the end of that storyline, but my god is it dragged out!!

It’s on 3 times a week over the virus it should be 6 give them a break

It’s on 3 times a week over the virus it should be 6 give them a break

Tbh, after the corona situation settles down, I’d prefer 3 good quality episodes a week, rather than endless filler. I think the need (greed?) for advertising money has overtaken ensuring quality output over the last few years.

Maybe ITV feels under pressure to increase the number of episodes as it’s probably the only thing that brings in the ratings at those hours, but six episodes a week is ridiculous, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The actor who plays Yasmeen said on This Morning that she has no idea what will happen to Yasmeen. That the lockdown started almost straight after the trial scenes. We might not get much of a conclusion on that storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Icsics wrote: »

I’ll take the Baileys, Gemma and her babies any day over Fizz. She grates on me so much, the stupid childish whiny way she talks. She’s a grown woman, why can’t she talk like one for once in her boring life.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I’ll take the Baileys, Gemma and her babies any day over Fizz. She grates on me so much, the stupid childish whiny way she talks. She’s a grown woman, why can’t she talk like one for once in her boring life.

She constantly acts like she’s in a pantomime. Always over exaggerated with very stupid facial expressions. How she’s lasted so long in her job is beyond me. I couldn’t see her being employed anywhere else as an actress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭snowgal

Im still sooo far behind on episodes! Id say Im about 5 weeks behind probably..Ill keep saying Ill catch up but still not near yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the racist Bistro manager fired?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the racist Bistro manager fired?

Don't think so, was a hard episode to follow at times, racism to the max but he was made out to be a bad man indeed

I thought Dev was looking trim and handsome in his suit tonight :eek:

Lockdown has been going on too long. I'm scared.

It's kind of hard to believe that anyone could think like that restaurant manager let alone say those things out loud.

rapul wrote: »
    Don't think so, was a hard episode to follow at times, racism to the max but he was made out to be a bad man indeed

Mainstream media agenda ridden garbage like Taken Down on RTE from two years ago. You'd swear it was 1960s Alabama the Baileys were living in.
    Weatherfield couldnt be more diverse an area. You'd do well to identify a straight person there at this stage. You have Muslims, Black people, half casted people, indians, Gays, Lesbians, Eastern Europeans.... a melting pot. One comment from a tosser in the restaurant though and Ed turns into Martin Luther King. He conveniently forgot about his own homophobia toward his own son though in the process :rolleyes:

It's kind of hard to believe that anyone could think like that restaurant manager let alone say those things out loud.

Not a chance in hell this would happen in real life or its certainly not the norm. This is just another load of garbage used to undermine white people. The most racist people are the ones who are supposedly citing these predjudices. Of course the child grooming gang were conveniently white males too in spite of reality showing they were actually mostly Muslim gangs operating all over the North of England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Mainstream media agenda ridden garbage like Taken Down on RTE from two years ago. You'd swear it was 1960s Alabama the Baileys were living in.
    Weatherfield couldnt be more diverse an area. You'd do well to identify a straight person there at this stage. You have Muslims, Black people, half casted people, indians, Gays, Lesbians, Eastern Europeans.... a melting pot. One comment from a tosser in the restaurant though and Ed turns into Martin Luther King. He conveniently forgot about his own homophobia toward his own son though in the process :rolleyes:

‘Half casted people’. Really?? What the actual fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭jams100

Not a chance in hell this would happen in real life or its certainly not the norm. This is just another load of garbage used to undermine white people. The most racist people are the ones who are supposedly citing these predjudices. Of course the child grooming gang were conveniently white males too in spite of reality showing they were actually mostly Muslim gangs operating all over the North of England

Was only talking to my Pakistani friend about this a few weeks ago, I think us white people don't get the racism as it obviously doesn't happen to us, he told me that it can be particularly bad on public transport and one time a few years ago some junkie got sick and rubbed it on him, maybe if we asked people we'd know more? Obviously the large large majority aren't racist but it only takes 1% to make someone's life a bit of a misery.
    I thought that was a particularly good episode myself

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    ‘Half casted people’. Really?? What the actual fcuk?

Okay to be fair im wrong here, hands up. I meant mixed race people.

Advertisement