Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Ah the Cavalry of stunning and brave have arrived i see :rolleyes: To be as immaculate as you lot....one can only hope

Same aul arguments thrown against me over and over again :rolleyes: How do ye maintain such perfection in your lives????? So tolerant

Typical left-wing hypocrites, claiming to be tolerant, but refusing to tolerate racism.

Typical left-wing hypocrites, claiming to be tolerant, but refusing to tolerate racism.

Well you are more than happy to tolerate reverse racism which is the basis of my point.

Look, if you feel so strongly about my post then by all means report it. Go ahead. Otherwise, we could all go around and around and around again... what are ye actually hoping to achieve here exactly????

Exactly, good night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭threetrees

This time I think the racist story fits well because yet man goes on with his racist speech not realising until much later that homophobia could be explained in the same context. He copped on to the error if his ways after his speech.

There is plenty of anti white racism here, my daughter as a junior infant was told "I'm not playing with you because you are white". Now, that from a 5 year old is directly out of the mouth of a parent. It's a long time ago, but that child never played or mixed with white kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Any chance of moving on from all this racism stuff and get back to talking about Corrie??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,532 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Enough of the racism discussion. Bans from here onwards if it continues.

• Advertisement

Why do i watch this garbage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Why do i watch this garbage?

It's been horrible to stomach lately alrite just watch it out of force of habit after the much better emmerdale these days

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I don't get this chase thing with David doesn't he know if they catch him they could kill him?

Some very touching moments between Steve and Tracey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »
    I don't get this chase thing with David doesn't he know if they catch him they could kill him?

I hope he does get caught and gets a good hiding, sick of his chase games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Shona and Clayton back and this nonsense with David and poor old Yasmeen rotting away in jail with nare a word about her. She'll be dealing skunk by the time they get back to her.

rapul wrote: »
    It's been horrible to stomach lately alrite just watch it out of force of habit after the much better emmerdale these days

Gayle: why not come for a power walk with me and your gran. Exercise, fresh air!

Talking like hes been on the xbox for the last 10 hours, but he's just back from a run.

All this talk about a red car and it turns out to be something basic.

I think im going to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

D'awh, he loves that car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I get the impression the producers/writers were trying to drag it all out at this stage to make it as long into the non-filming period as possible.

The whole racism episode, was good, but I also felt it was stretched out a bit. Last few episodes have felt like that (to me anyway).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The more I see of Nina, the more I like her, especially her apron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Love Nina too, great potential for a longer term character. I like the scenes between herself and Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Just watching last night’s episode now, what is up with Shona’s bouncing buns on the top of her hair. Very distracting, or maybe that’s the idea, distract us from her woeful acting.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Just watching last night’s episode now, what is up with Shona’s bouncing buns on the top of her hair. Very distracting, or maybe that’s the idea, distract us from her woeful acting.

The Peru 2 look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Curlysue76 wrote: »

It is hands down the worst maternity leave exit we've ever had.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

It is hands down the worst maternity leave exit we've ever had.

Absolutely and it all started with that fabulous wedding ceremony

0_Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-205204-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

jos28 wrote: »
    Absolutely and it all started with that fabulous wedding ceremony

0_Screen-Shot-2019-11-07-at-205204-2.jpg
    So Classy :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Gayle: why not come for a power walk with me and your gran. Exercise, fresh air!

Talking like hes been on the xbox for the last 10 hours, but he's just back from a run.

I think im going to quit.

That car! I thought it was going to be something special. Like a big warm cuddly toy of a Teddy Bear to wake up to. Instead a pathetic tiny Dinky car. No wonder yer man was stressed trying to find the bloody thing. Such a useless prop. No expenses spared there.

It is pathetic however. The whole thing. Just when Yaseem was becoming interesting she disappears and all of that momentum and interest is gone. Instead we are left with shouty Gemma gobbing on.

And then the attitude towards medical staff yet again, be it doctors or nurses, 'I want to know what you are doing about him and I want to know now' kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

If this is true, I'm taking a break from Corrie:

Don't mean that to sound overly dramatic, I just really can't face
    seeing a little boy die
    - the news every day and the state of the world is so dire already. Of course they have every right to do this storyline and I'm sure they researched it carefully, but I wonder would they still be doing it if they'd known coronavirus was going to happen...

I'll watch the Yasmeen scenes on the player and that's literally it! She seems to have disappeared now too, I hate when they do this in the middle of a big storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Some top quality stink eye been thrown by Shona’s therapist as she was listening to Clayton there.

I really do not want little Olly to die

Leanne miscarried and Steve has lost Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really do not want little Olly to die

Leanne miscarried and Steve has lost Rory

If he does they might as well rename the street Albert Sq. A right miserable place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Jesus what an unnecessary occurrence....do we really have to endure that??? Fcuk sake...look how long we had to watch and listen to Michelle mourning..Poor Leanne...she's looking more and more like Rik Mayall recently with her crazily anguished expressions. Great little actress though.
    On a lighter note...What about Chesney's nauseating although innocently meant (???yeah right) suggestion to Gemma that she wraps her lips "around this beast"...?? Yeeach! I would rather picture Billy swallowing the sausage in all honesty...(Ps in reference to Paul's comment a few months back)

No talk of Janice, Les, Stella or Eva coming back or even contacting Leanne about her sick son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Leanne is annoying. I’d imagine if my son were in Oliver’s position I’d be earnestly listening to the doctor and trying to learn all I could. Instead Leanne flounced out of the doctors room and told her she didn’t need to hear anymore. She’s also adamant that Oliver will be fine when he goes home even after the doctors have diagnosed him with a disease which will be with him for life. Really stupid behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I think Leanne is just clinging to Liz's words about hope and trying to ignore all the bad news in case any negativity drowns out the hope and drowns her.

The Shona and David storyline is beyond boring for me. The Platts were a lot better without Shona, I don't know who thinks she's needed. I like Jack P Shepherd as an actor, but sick to death of him being so harsh and miserable all the time.

I wonder will there be a Shona v Nina showdown about the job in Roy's Rolls.

I love Gemma's storyline. Though I wish they could have done it without her eating a kebab! :pac: , but I like that they're doing it.

Advertisement