Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Like the above posts says, Leanne is clinging to Liz’s words. Leanne isn’t being deliberately foolish. She’s in denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Like the above posts says, Leanne is clinging to Liz’s words. Leanne isn’t being deliberately foolish. She’s in denial.

I know she is but it's still irritating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Tommy O, at his age, probably plays deep splaying the ball around. Conserving energy. Like Rooney nowadays. Until one day he'll be caught out and hang up his boots. Only then can he look back on his carreer. The Special One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a point to the red toy car for little Olly, too much emphasis on the toy cars

Sally is weary of Geoff but not dim Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So Shona knows where the teabags are kept, sure she's cured :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

The Shona and David storyline is beyond boring for me. The Platts were a lot better without Shona, I don't know who thinks she's needed. I like Jack P Shepherd as an actor, but sick to death of him being so harsh and miserable all the time.

Agree. I know its very hard to match up to Kylie, but Shona and David are the most mismatched looking couple and her hoarsey voice goes right through me.

Whats peoples thoughts on Roy's niece? (Her name escapes me atm) she works in the cafe. Do we see her character going anywhere on the soap long term? I think she has potential and shes very witty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Agree. I know its very hard to match up to Kylie, but Shona and David are the most mismatched looking couple and her hoarsey voice goes right through me.

Is she trying to put on a Manchester accent?
    Remember Stella tried that and she sounded like someone with constant laryngitis.

To thine own self be true

Did Nathan bring Shona to the Street to Billy, does she remember them

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I didn't get the mad panic when Shona went walkabout. It was more like it was Rosemary West. She's
    only outside Roy's anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Is she trying to put on a Manchester accent?
    Remember Stella tried that and she sounded like someone with constant laryngitis.

Was that not how the actress spoke? Her voice was always wispy in Eastenders.

I know she got a lot of grief over her accent but I thought she pulled it off well.

Are they trying to turn this Geoff thing into a Pat Phelan type of story. Where he's going around the street fooling everyone? Because, although the actor is so good at playing him, Geoff certainly is no Pat Phelan :cool:

I hope Tim takes the camera and laptop to the police thinking he is helping Geoff

Well that was a wasted opportunity to wrap up the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The state of the camera. Between the camera and the red car the props department must be over worked

The state of the camera. Between the camera and the red car the props department must be over worked

I was thinking the same about the camera. As I've said before I have some knowledge in this area.

Obviously, because its television they need a large prop to be able to show that this is the camera*

*Which doesn't excuse the teeny weeny red car.

I was thinking the same about the camera. As I've said before I have some knowledge in this area.

Obviously, because its television they need a large prop to be able to show that this is the camera*

Props Dept could do with a Father Ted lesson in perspective

Speaking from a digital forensics point of view, Geoff didn't delete those movies, he moved them to the recycle bin, which means even Amy could retrieve them.

The way the soap has gone I assume that won't get shown or will be forgotten.

Could we petition Dominic Cummins to free the Weatherfield One?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So is Shona going to move into Roys flat with him, Nina and Carla?

casio4 wrote: »

Carla is in the pub with Peter

• Advertisement

I think Carla is in the Rovers for the moment while Jenny and Johnny are away. They've been gone a while mind you. Did we ever find out who that guy was Johnny was running from?

Roys flat is the new TARDIS.

I think Carla is in the Rovers for the moment while Jenny and Johnny are away. They've been gone a while mind you. Did we ever find out who that guy was Johnny was running from?

No we didn't find out.

Even so. Shona, Nina and Roy in what is meant to be a one bedroom flat. Its now a 3 bedroom apartment.

I can't see social workers allowing someone with amnesia released from their custody to share a room with a non relative.

I've missed loads of Corrie over the last few months, wondering could someone clear something up for me...How did Carla go from super-savy knicker factory bosswoman to working in Roy's cafe?

No we didn't find out.

Even so. Shona, Nina and Roy in what is meant to be a one bedroom flat. Its now a 3 bedroom apartment.

I can't see social workers allowing someone with amnesia released from their custody to share a room with a non relative.

I believe it is a two bed room flat so I assume Shona will share with Nina or Roy stays on the couch

I am surprised David did not ask Billy or Eileen to take in Shona or help find her another near by accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I believe it is a two bed room flat so I assume Shona will share with Nina or Roy stays on the couch

I am surprised David did not ask Billy or Eileen to take in Shona or help find her another near by accommodation

It was a big ask of David. . A bit presumptuous I thought. No rent was suggested by David. No conditions discussed. Just could she stay thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Also you couldn't miss it if you were cleaning as much as Yasmine cleaned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,805 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've missed loads of Corrie over the last few months, wondering could someone clear something up for me...How did Carla go from super-savy knicker factory bosswoman to working in Roy's cafe?

I'm not 100% sure. I don't think she's to bad finical but when the Roof collapsed at underworld. Which was Gary's fault(I think and can't believe that story line is still going on).
    Carla had a massive mental breakdown and Peter was kind of there for her and he looked out for her and that's why there back on.
    Carla actually knows that Gary was to blame for the roof collapse but she can't remember it.
    She fell out with people for some reason and Roy kind of took her in.( i thnk)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Is Shona’s memory loss supposed to excuse her rudeness to everyone. Not even a thank you to Roy just “see ya”

• Advertisement

Is Shona’s memory loss supposed to excuse her rudeness to everyone. Not even a thank you to Roy just “see ya”

Apparently she's supposed to be like a teenager. Nice view they have of teenagers. Or maybe she was just a horror as a teenager?

Advertisement