Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

casio4 wrote: »
    no point a lot of it was Shona snapping at David I'm sick of her already

Oh no thanks.
    She's the worst actress they've ever had imo.
    And the story they gave her- lol.
    Like I don't get with a short maternity leave like hers why they'd even write her out.
    A few months of David saying she was in the bath or on a hen weekend, who'd even notice?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Oh no thanks.
    She's the worst actress they've ever had imo.
    And the story they gave her- lol.
    Like I don't get with a short maternity leave like hers why they'd even write her out.
    A few months of David saying she was in the bath or on a hen weekend, who'd even notice?!

I remember one time actress who plays Fizz was off on maternity leave, not the latest when she brought Ope to the special school, earlier, and I hadn’t even noticed she’d been off til she came back. I don’t even think they mentioned her, or maybe I just blanked it out. IMO she is the most annoying character ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Last night I caught up on some of Classic Corrie I have series linked.
    It was the 50th Anniversary of V Day in the Rovers, and Betty met her old fling.

Then low and behold, afterwards, I watched Wednesdays modern Corrie, and Boom! 75th Anniversary of V Day in the Rovers, and the oldies were talking about the 50th when Betty met her old fling..

I thought it was cool anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Did that hooker seriously take €250 off Daniel for listening to him talk for an hour?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Did that hooker seriously take €250 off Daniel for listening to him talk for an hour?

We saw him give her the money but we didn’t see her holding the money I think there will be a twist where she didn’t charge him.

• Advertisement

We saw him give her the money but we didn’t see her holding the money I think there will be a twist where she didn’t charge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Is Corrrie on tonight? I can't seem to find it

Oh i see it - Virgin Media One at 8.30

He paid her €220 and she took it and said if he wanted to meet up again she’d be up for it. Expensive enough chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,459 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes room booking included

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Apparently it's not unusual for blokes to pay ladies to listen to them. At the end of the day, they're still availing of their time...so you still get charged :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Lads, I can't cope with the Oliver thing. Are we sure he's being killed off? I think I'll have to switch off. I know they have done still births and cot deaths for babies. I can't ever remember them killing off a child before though. Has any soap done it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I can't believe Fuzz went through Evelyn's diary, what a nosy ****!

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Lads, I can't cope with the Oliver thing. Are we sure he's being killed off? I think I'll have to switch off. I know they have done still births and cot deaths for babies. I can't ever remember them killing off a child before though. Has any soap done it?

Eastenders (Ronnie's kids), Hollyoaks (Tony and Mandy's child) and Brookside (I think they killed off both of Max's kids in a car crash)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I can't believe Fuzz went through Evelyn's diary, what a nosy ****!

Bradley Walsh used to call her Fuzz. I use to love that. Or Danny Baldwin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Last night I caught up on some of Classic Corrie I have series linked.
    It was the 50th Anniversary of V Day in the Rovers, and Betty met her old fling.

Then low and behold, afterwards, I watched Wednesdays modern Corrie, and Boom! 75th Anniversary of V Day in the Rovers, and the oldies were talking about the 50th when Betty met her old fling..

I thought it was cool anyway.

Very cool! What a coincidence.

He's a lovely little fella but so lifeless. No reaction to anyone talking to him. I never saw a child like him. And I don't believe he is "acting" at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

happyday wrote: »
    He's a lovely little fella but so lifeless. No reaction to anyone talking to him. I never saw a child like him. And I don't believe he is "acting" at his age.
    To be fair that would make him better than Danny Dyer for one. (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

It’s a horrendous storyline and it’ll be Steve’s second kid that’s died.

I seen the woman who plays Leanne on This Morning a little while ago chatting about the storyline, she said they had twins plays Oliver and they also use their older brother for far away scenes if they run over time. She said they were very good at playing sick and lifeless and doing everything they’re told, like not answer Leanne etc.

I don’t like Leanne as a character but the actress seems so different, didn’t talk in the same naggy way at all.

Remember when they were at the hospital and they were all going on about the red car? When they showed it to him they were all saying - Look, he really loves his car! He was looking blankly in the other direction as if no one was speaking to him at all.

• Advertisement

Remember when they were at the hospital and they were all going on about the red car? When they showed it to him they were all saying - Look, he really loves his car! He was looking blankly in the other direction as if no one was speaking to him at all.

That’s the actor playing the part of a little boy with a terrible condition. I think them saying that he loves his car was very much Leanne and Steve being hopeful and in denial and probably trying to ignore the fact he didn’t care about the car. That’s the impression I got from that anyway.

We'll have to agree to differ so. He's very young in fairness.

We'll have to agree to differ so. He's very young in fairness.

And he’s very cute, there’s still hope he’ll improve unlike some of the older actors in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Just caught up tonight.
    The whole Shona story is just farcical.
    Every single word out of Fizz is a whinge/whine. I can't stand her.

gammygils wrote: »
    Bradley Walsh used to call her Fuzz. I use to love that. Or Danny Baldwin

I'd love Danny or Mark Baldwin to return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

When I used watch Coronation Street back in the 2000's I liked Danny but I re watched his scenes on youtube and I didn't remember him being such a git to people!

Fiolina wrote: »
    Just caught up tonight.
    The whole Shona story is just farcical.
    Every single word out of Fizz is a whinge/whine. I can't stand her.

You think after what age went through she’d want a quite life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Which one was Bradley Walsh?

Which one was Bradley Walsh?

Danny, I think, and Mark was his son.

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Danny, I think, and Mark was his son.

Wasn’t Mark, Mike Baldwin’s son? Danny’s son was Jamie.

Advertisement