Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Jamie...

20200629-093524.jpg

And he had another son called Warren, the footballer. Debra Stephenson played his mother, Frankie.

20200629-093556.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Wasn’t Mark, Mike Baldwin’s son? Danny’s son was Jamie.

yes, I think probably right,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Imran kids already, did I miss when he and Toyah agreed on fostering?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Which one was Bradley Walsh?

Danny
    Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Danny, I think, and Mark was his son.

Mark is Mike's other son who had an affair with Mike's wife Linda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Has Imran kids already, did I miss when he and Toyah agreed on fostering?

I don't think he has kids already, did they allude to it at any stage?
    I also dont remember there being any discussion about fostering, although they tend to drop these things into conversation as if it's no big deal rather than mulling it over for a while.

• Advertisement

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I don't think he has kids already, did they allude to it at any stage?
    I also dont remember there being any discussion about fostering, although they tend to drop these things into conversation as if it's no big deal rather than mulling it over for a while.

I thought he had kids with his wife, did the mother maybe say it when angry at him that he had left his wife and kids but I could be wrong :o

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I thought he had kids with his wife, did the mother maybe say it when angry at him that he had left his wife and kids but I could be wrong

I completely forgot he had a wife when he joined. Just googling his back story and no mention of kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

as if Toyah & Imran, together about 6 months and living in a houseshare would be put forward for fostering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

optogirl wrote: »
    as if Toyah & Imran, together about 6 months and living in a houseshare would be put forward for fostering.

I loved how they glossed over the 'Baby Susie' thing. Oh yes, an ideal person to foster is Toyah.

optogirl wrote: »

With Ryan a drug dealing DJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭threetrees

Do they have to make Oliver so sick? A life limiting condition that could leave him with weeks, maybe months but hopefully years... It's such a sad story.

I don't think they will kill off Oliver, he is Leanne's miracle biological child and Steve already lost Ruairi

Is any of Leanne's family especially Stella or Janice going to visit and support her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭threetrees

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't think they will kill off Oliver, he is Leanne's miracle biological child and Steve already lost Ruairi

Is any of Leanne's family especially Stella or Janice going to visit and support her

It sounded absolutely terminal in today's episode but hopefully Oliver will live for many years.

I was also thinking about Janice and Les, Stella and Eva, they don't seem to give a hoot! I think Simon will feel very isolated soon, just when he seems to be a good kid again.

threetrees wrote:
    It sounded absolutely terminal in today's episode but hopefully Oliver will live for many years.

Yes they used the term 'life limiting' several times. Coincidentally there was a contestant on The Chase beforehand who said she was a carer for her two children with Mitochondrial Disease, aged 14 and 20. I was surprised by their ages..maybe they'll show him living with treatment for years, having good and bad days. Usually the kids tend to disappear into the background for a few years anyway. Haven't seen Jack in a long time and his storyline was big for a while. Adi and Asha were barely in it growing up.
    threetrees wrote:
    I think Simon will feel very isolated soon, just when he seems to be a good kid again.

Reflecting on discovering she was pregnant with Oliver, Leanne said that at the time she thought "this is my one chance to be a mum" or something like that - I just thought, poor Simon, she's been his mum for longer than not at this stage.

As an aside, I still can't believe that Simon's a dad in real life, he looked about 12 cooking that dinner.

I kinda feel more sorry for Nick and Simon than Steve and Leanne

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I like the little touches that are there like Peter on the phone saying Steve and Leanne are in bits, this is what happens in real life people chatting about the neighbours and relatives. It has been lost for a while but good to see it back rather than just jumping from one story to another and one scene to another not knowing how the rest of street feel about something as big as a sick child. They should spend more time on stories and involve a lot of the cast in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

During the scene in Roy's Rolls where the lads were talking trains, there was an extra behind them at the next table sitting completely still and staring directly into the camera for at least a good ten seconds before he started moving and reacting to things around him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

How **** a Dad is Peter?? Why isn't he on hand with Simon during the whole Oliver illness?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Cash_Q wrote: »

As an aside, I still can't believe that Simon's a dad in real life, he looked about 12 cooking that dinner.

The most unbelivable thing about Simon is that Peter and Lucy the florist, (both caucasian) are his parents. How did they manage that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

bobbyss wrote: »
    The most unbelivable thing about Simon is that Peter and Lucy the florist, (both caucasian) are his parents. How did they manage that?

The postman?

• Advertisement

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The postman?

Years ago when a lady had a baby that there was doubt about the father, one old dear said “Ah shur, they had great neighbours”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Sick of listening to Chesney and Gemma moaning about how hard their lives with the babies are. Are we going to have this storyline going on for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Never thought I'd compliment Fizz, but I'm loving her hair tonight.

Meeoow wrote: »
    Never thought I'd compliment Fizz, but I'm loving her hair tonight.

OMG. If that’s all you can say about Corrie at the moment........Words fail me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I just want to know about Yasmeen and Geoff! She’s been in prison about a fortnight now, so surely it’s time for her trial!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

This storyline is awful. I don't see how Coronation Street thought it would be good. Admittedly when storylines like this come up I give out but by the end I'm a blubbering wreck saying how well they've done it. So I reserve the right to change my mind. But for the moment... Uuugh

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

OMG. If that’s all you can say about Corrie at the moment........Words fail me!
    Ha ha. It pretty much is all I can say. I was just thinking that it is that boring, that even this thread has gotten boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Shelga wrote: »
    I just want to know about Yasmeen and Geoff! She’s been in prison about a fortnight now, so surely it’s time for her trial!
    It hasn't been filmed yet so hang in there.

Shelga wrote: »

Sally goes to visit Yasmeen next week, Geoff also tries to contact her

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »

As Marlene told Boycie in only Fools & Horses (when they had fertility problems she brought home a Black baby, she had fallen in love with, for possible adoption to pass off as their own biological child) “we could say he’s a (genetic) throwback”.

Advertisement