Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Good storyline but Leanne makes it annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leanne forgot she had an abortion of Nick's baby, she was horrid to Toyah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Good storyline but Leanne makes it annoying!

You'd think it'd be easy to root for the mother of a dying child but Leanne is really making it difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

True. Even though she is suffering it doesn't give her the right to be so awful to kind people who are doing their best to help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Tyrone asking his nan to stay in for a parcel. Could he not get it delivered to the garage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Tyrone asking his nan to stay in for a parcel. Could he not get it delivered to the garage?

Tyrone is a thick c*nt and always has been. Nothing charming about him and Fizz. They try to push them as the new Jack and Vera, but they have the appeal of Fred and Rosemary West.

I thought Yasmeen and Sally were excellent tonight. Good to see them, and others like Kathy, get their head ou of their arses and see Geoff for what he really is. Can't wait til Yasmeen starts swinging back and puts that git in his place. Tim is another thick c*nt, and I fully expect him to defend his dad until his mother makes a return and reveals what Geoff was like to be with.

Good to see Alex back too. I miss him when he is not around. He's one of the more charming residents in the street.

Leanne is a waste of space. Terrible moany character and a bad actress with zero appeal. Just coz she's there forever does not make her good. Wish they'd pack her and her sister off for good and bring back Les!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh my god what a massive thundering bitch Leanne is.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Paula Wilcox will be coming into the show as Geoff's former partner. She was last in Corrie 51 years ago.

Paula Wilcox will be coming into the show as Geoff's former partner. She was last in Corrie 51 years ago.

Tim's mammy (she was Laurel's mammy in Emmerdale)

Tyrone is a thick c*nt and always has been. Nothing charming about him and Fizz. They try to push them as the new Jack and Vera, but they have the appeal of Fred and Rosemary West.

I thought it was particularly badly written last week when they had Tyrone and Fiz actually outright question whether they were turning into Jack & Vera. No subtlety whatsoever about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gosh I remember her in 'Man about the House'. Great to see she is still working.

I think we're starting to see some newly filmed scenes peppered into these episodes - Nick is suddenly quite a bit greyer and is keeping a distance from Leanne. They were all quite spaced out during the scene with Imran too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I thought the same about Nicks hair.

I have to say... Leeanne is a brilliant crier. She chokes me up every time she cries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sparko wrote: »
    I think we're starting to see some newly filmed scenes peppered into these episodes - Nick is suddenly quite a bit greyer and is keeping a distance from Leanne. They were all quite spaced out during the scene with Imran too.

It crossed my mind that he should have given her a hug there. I suppose he couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I also noticed that Nick and Imran are both suddenly extra suntanned :)

To thine own self be true

I have to say... Leeanne is a brilliant crier. She chokes me up every time she cries.

She actually grates on my nerves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

I spotted the new clean shaven Nick after he chased Leanne at 5am. He got back to the house and had a full beard again. Some growth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Sparko wrote: »

Are these pre or post Covid scenes that they're showing?

Tim must have a very poor memory saying how fantastic his father was. The man never took much of an interest in his son, never noticing he never learned to read and write, when Geoff himself obviously has excellent literacy skills, the way he is more than able to use his pc. He was evidently always an extremely self-centred man de kid of care of how his son was turning out.

She actually grates on my nerves!

I would imagine I'm very much in the minority, but she's a good crier.

I go through phases with her. How she treats Steve is really annoying. But she has some good moments. I liked when Carla and Peter got together and she went back to the flat for something and they were trying to pull a bottle of wine out of each others hands. Leeanne says something like 'so this is what I'm missing out on' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Sorry don't watch soaps and can't where I live anyway, but are they still making soaps now due to this covid ****e ?
    can you see them socially distance in scenes ? are they pretending the crisis doesn't exist within the show ? or is the lockdown going on for the characters too ... would make for a pretty boring TV drama ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Has Nick had a hair transplant? He has loads of hair now and a different hairline too. He looks very different. How many more times is Grace going to run out on Michael. It happens almost every time they get together and it’s very annoying to watch.

Whys Abi wiping grease off her disposable gloves?

Tenner bet that kid is one of Abi's twins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Kevin had some Peter pan outside the cafe but seems to have lost it by the time he got back to the garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

How did Kevin get the garage back ?

Tim should let slip to Sally about the camera thinking he is helping his "innocent" dad

jhegarty wrote: »
    How did Kevin get the garage back ?

The bistro fella is leasing it back to him I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

How would the police interpret Geoff trying to contact Yasmeen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

bobbyss wrote: »
    How would the police interpret Geoff trying to contact Yasmeen ?

Would all calls not be recorded aswell?

Advertisement