Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

rapul wrote: »
    Would all calls not be recorded aswell?

That was my thinking as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

bobbyss wrote: »
    How would the police interpret Geoff trying to contact Yasmeen ?

Under normal circumstances the police would think it very weird that geoff would nick Alya's phone to talk to Yasmeen. But as he's more Teflon than Pat Phelan, I'm sure he will say he picked up her phone by honest mistake and despite all the evidence to the contrary, including Yasmeens visit to the police only weeks before the incident, the police will believe no harm done, crack on there Geoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sorry don't watch soaps and can't where I live anyway, but are they still making soaps now due to this covid ****e ?
    can you see them socially distance in scenes ? are they pretending the crisis doesn't exist within the show ? or is the lockdown going on for the characters too ... would make for a pretty boring TV drama ! :D

They are socially distancing but they do it in such a way that it’s not that obvious, well I think anyway. Most soaps have resumed filming except Fair city lol, first to go off air and now the last to get back filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

happyday wrote: »
    True. Even though she is suffering it doesn't give her the right to be so awful to kind people who are doing their best to help her.

..and Nick to be so patient?? I seriously doubt my oh would be so understanding if I was behaving like that.

Tyrone asking his nan to stay in for a parcel. Could he not get it delivered to the garage?

He works across the road ffs!!! Keep an eye out you complete lazy bastrd!

• Advertisement

Tyrone is a thick c*nt and always has been. Nothing charming about him and Fizz. They try to push them as the new Jack and Vera, but they have the appeal of Fred and Rosemary West.

I thought Yasmeen and Sally were excellent tonight. Good to see them, and others like Kathy, get their head ou of their arses and see Geoff for what he really is. Can't wait til Yasmeen starts swinging back and puts that git in his place. Tim is another thick c*nt, and I fully expect him to defend his dad until his mother makes a return and reveals what Geoff was like to be with.

Good to see Alex back too. I miss him when he is not around. He's one of the more charming residents in the street.

Leanne is a waste of space. Terrible moany character and a bad actress with zero appeal. Just coz she's there forever does not make her good. Wish they'd pack her and her sister off for good and bring back Les!

Jane Danson who plays Leanne is undoubtably an excellent actress...they just have her playing an irrational bitch at this difficult time.
    I don't think Alex adds anything to the show..they just have him rhyming off smart comments with no substance or emotion..give him.a storyline ffs!
    I wholeheartedly agree on everything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Are these pre or post Covid scenes that they're showing?

Right now it's a mix, which is why hairstyles vary a bit between scenes and also how close people are together varies too. At some stage in the next week or two there will be a time jump at which point it'll be all post covid filmed scenes and they'll reference it on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyrone siding with Geoff over his own abuse with Kirsty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tyrone siding with Geoff over his own abuse with Kirsty

Sure they're just a pair of half wits. Fizz talks like she's gummy..she irritates me.
    Wonder will Alya and Imran end up having a mad passionate affair???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ann22 wrote:
    Sure they're just a pair of half wits. Fizz talks like she's gummy..

LOL this description captures her perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Geoff has had a few moments where he lies about things and then gets undeserved sympathy from people who have legitimately experienced it.

First there was the fake cancer scare when Sally talks to him about her own survival.

Then Tim with his dodgy ticker tried to look after him when he fakes the heart attack.

Then there was him painting Yasmeen as having an alcohol problem and has to shoo away a supportive Peter.

Then there's the allegation of female-on-male domestic abuse, and gets sympathy from Tyrone.

Each time he gets this wide-eyed sheepish look that's a combination of a tiny bit of shame of faking problems and finding out a neighbour has genuinely suffered though it, and a large amount of fear that he has to remember which lies to keep with whom so that he doesn't get caught out or arouse suspicion from someone knowledgeable who might see through the lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Under normal circumstances the police would think it very weird that geoff would nick Alya's phone to talk to Yasmeen. But as he's more Teflon than Pat Phelan, I'm sure he will say he picked up her phone by honest mistake and despite all the evidence to the contrary, including Yasmeens visit to the police only weeks before the incident, the police will believe no harm done, crack on there Geoff

I actually had in mind the email he sent (from 'magnifico'). Surely he would have known this was not allowed. I wonder what Geoff's solicitor thinks of that. Imran is constantly reminding Alya not to mess around with Geoff but we rarely see the take of Geoff's solicitor's on his client's behaviour.

The telly volume was fairly low last night but can anyone confirm did Kevin (with a huge tan) actually say he hates going abroad and cant stand the sun??? :D

I was only half tuned in to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

bobbyss wrote: »
    I actually had in mind the email he sent (from 'magnifico'). Surely he would have known this was not allowed. I wonder what Geoff's solicitor thinks of that. Imran is constantly reminding Alya not to mess around with Geoff but we rarely see the take of Geoff's solicitor's on his client's behaviour.

Because its a criminal trial I guess. Geoff is the witness not the client? You'd think he'd get independent advice alright though.

Todd is coming back but being recasted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

It's well overdue. Whatever about the conduct of his actor, the character was in a really good and stable place with a new job, partner and daughter for it all to get hastily written out just as thing were looking up.

There'll be inevitable conflict with Billy and Summer moving on with Paul. Hopefully it doesn't become another homewrecker story like with Marcus and Maria, or indeed Billy and Sean.

Hopefully the inevitable conflict will instead focus on Eileen being left to deal with teh aftermath of Pat Phelan alone, similar to how David needed the absent Nick after he was raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Do people in soap operas never lock their phones or use finger print access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

RobertKK wrote: »
    Do people in soap operas never lock their phones or use finger print access?

I think because it was Yasmeen calling the phone, not the other way round, that Geoff was able to answer, even if the phone was locked.

The police can still prosecute Yas even if Geoff does not want, she admitted stabbing him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

The police can still prosecute Yas even if Geoff does not want, she admitted stabbing him

It’s gone on too long now & its lapsing into being ridiculous

• Advertisement

Yasmeen suffers a heart attack next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm not looking forward to that. For me, Bruno Langley made that character. He's a brilliant actor. I won't be able to warm to a recast.
    Also, his exit follow up was ridiculous.
    How can someone survive on the run?
    Corrie are great with this, look at Pat Phelan and earlier Claire Peacock went on the run with 2 children. Are we supposed to believe they can survive for years without being caught while making a living and a new life?!
    Also, if Todd disappeared in real life, his family would be out searching, making public appeals etc. They would assume he had taken his own life. They wouldn't just airbrush him out of their minds!

To thine own self be true

I'm not looking forward to that. For me, Bruno Langley made that character. He's a brilliant actor. I won't be able to warm to a recast.
    Also, his exit follow up was ridiculous.
    How can someone survive on the run?
    Corrie are great with this, look at Pat Phelan and earlier Claire Peacock went on the run with 2 children. Are we supposed to believe they can survive for years without being caught while making a living and a new life?!
    Also, if Todd disappeared in real life, his family would be out searching, making public appeals etc. They would assume he had taken his own life. They wouldn't just airbrush him out of their minds!

What was Todd's rushed exit, he knew about Pat's dodgy flats deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Yasmeen suffers a heart attack next week

Ah no, don’t think I’ll be watching this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I hardly recognised Nigel's Debbie (Nicola Duffett) - Yasmeen's new friend in Cell Block H. Her voice is distinctive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cereal_Killer

I am so bored of this Yas thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Is Seb not being really pushy and bad to Abbie, that must be so intense for her, horrible situation

Does Carla no longer run Sineads beard oil business?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's a bit of hand washing and references to hand washing starting to creep in!

To thine own self be true

Advertisement