Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elaine Philippa Tess what is the next name for Tim's mammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did they reference the time leap yet?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Elaine Philippa Tess what is the next name for Tim's mammy

Elaine is his biological mother and Tess adopted him.

Edit: Last time I checked Wiki, it still had his mother as Tess. Tonight it is changed to Elaine as biological. Then his back story still has Tim as son of Geoff and Tess.

Elaine is his biological mother and Tess adopted him.

So Geoff was married after Elaine to Tess, was he even divorced?

Am I reading this right and Tess adopted him and gave birth to him?

20200727-223853.jpg

• Advertisement

No masks in the hospital for Yasmeen and Alya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

No masks in the hospital for Yasmeen and Alya

That was very strange Alya walking in past nurses wearing masks and her not. I guess it’s for sound purposes but it does look odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Have to say I’m enjoying Corrie past few episodes, thought it got a bit boring for a while there, maybe it’s fewer characters, and we haven’t had to endure Fizz, so that’s always a bonus.

With the face covering rule in shops, The Kabin will have to go as a location as will Roy's as a table width isn't enough. Lucky it's the summer as they can do more outdoor scenes. You could have got a tram between Alya and Ryan walking down the street.

I thought Geoff implied that Tess left him and Tim as she was a drunk, is Tess his second wife dead? Did Geoff divorce Elaine/Philippa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I meant to ask, was there a competition the other night to see how many animals they could mention? Foxes, otters, ducklings? What was that about?

Think it has something to do with everyone on lockdown seeing more animals around the place, some animals have been wandering further into towns and cities with the lack of people roaming the streets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,101 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Am I reading this right and Tess adopted him and gave birth to him?

20200727-223853.jpg

Thats dedication to the adoption. Rebirthing your adopted son :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I thought Geoff implied that Tess left him and Tim as she was a drunk, is Tess his second wife dead? Did Geoff divorce Elaine/Philippa?

Does Tim know that Tess isn’t his biological mother? Listening to Elaine/Phillipa she left when Tim was a young toddler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

So when Geoff and Tim have mentioned his mum in passing, they weren't talking about the woman who is in it now? They're talking about a stepmother? Does Tim know it's a stepmother?!

What a tangled web...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The rest of the page on Corriepedia says:

In 2020, it revealed that his first wife Elaine Jones was Tim's real mother and didn't die of breast cancer. She told Alya Nazir that she was forced to give Tim up to get herself out of relationship.

spurious wrote: »
    The rest of the page on Corriepedia says:

In 2020, it revealed that his first wife Elaine Jones was Tim's real mother and didn't die of breast cancer. She told Alya Nazir that she was forced to give Tim up to get herself out of relationship.

Did we see this revealed on screen, if so I missed it

Did we see this revealed on screen, if so I missed it

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

casio4 wrote:
    Think it has something to do with everyone on lockdown seeing more animals around the place, some animals have been wandering further into towns and cities with the lack of people roaming the streets

All these things- nature reclaiming urban areas and lack of 'bog roll'- were issues that were prominent in the media mid March. It's poor and lazy writing I think. In late July (when they knew it would be broadcast) who now is struck by urban foxes. And I think the run on bog roll is well, well over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

And when she told Alya who she was she mentioned giving up a child but she had a different name for Tim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

bobbyss wrote:
    All these things- nature reclaiming urban areas and lack of 'bog roll'- were issues that were prominent in the media mid March. It's poor and lazy writing I think. In late July (when they knew it would be broadcast) who now is struck by urban foxes. And I think the run on bog roll is well, well over.

Yeah it's a bit overdone in general, we get it, they're acknowledging Covid, move on . That builder lad wailing about how tired his nurse wife is is just OTT, cant warm to that new family so idgaf about her being tired, even though in real life I have endless concern and admiration for all working in healthcare at present.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit overdone in general, we get it, they're acknowledging Covid, move on . That builder lad wailing about how tired his nurse wife is is just OTT, cant warm to that new family so idgaf about her being tired, even though in real life I have endless concern and admiration for all working in healthcare at present.

I think that he went to the same acting school as Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The last thing you'd want is a party ffs.. coming home after a horrific shift zipping up body bags ..I can't take to this family either. The mother's pushiness and constant harping on about being a trained nurse...the miserable footballer and the bouncy brother annoy me and the father would've been alright but I'm not sure I can ever warm to him after showing his disgusting homophobic tendencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ann22 wrote:
    The last thing you'd want is a party ffs.. coming home after a horrific shift zipping up body bags ..I can't take to this family either. The mother's pushiness and constant harping on about being a trained nurse...the miserable footballer and the bouncy brother annoy me and the father would've been alright but I'm not sure I can ever warm to him after showing his disgusting homophobic tendencies.

Oh the father annoys me the most, his voice seems fake even though I'm sure it's not, it's like he's straining on the toilet every time he speaks

Oh the father annoys me the most, his voice seems fake even though I'm sure it's not, it's like he's straining on the toilet every time he speaks

Just lIkE DeV. Word Emphasis all over the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

:pac: This gave me a laugh near the end of very long and arduous work day!

He and Dev definitely graduated from the same drama school, which must dedicate 90% of its classes to projecting your voice in the most dramatic way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Looks like there are two episodes of Corrie tonight, is it back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

fin12 wrote: »
    Looks like there are two episodes of Corrie tonight, is it back to normal?

one is an old one, classic corrie couples at 7.30

Gary tells the truth for once but that stunt was awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Vin Diesel in a dress :D

To thine own self be true

Advertisement