Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What was the envelope?

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Elaine's address letter and number?

A bit too convenient that she happened to drop it there, although I'm enjoying the pace they're moving at with the recently filmed episodes (even though Tim just crumpled it up), like the focus on just a few stories too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How much is Yassey gum drops paying Imran?
    He's not the sharpest barrister when he could easily suggest to Alya they get Geoff and Elaine's marriage certificate from the records office. Or better, Geoff and the woman who is supposed to be Tim's mother's marriage cert.
    That'd prove when he married Elaine.
    And for God's sake Dim, just look at your birth cert, love.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Imran is working for free on Yasmeen's case but Paula surely the barrister is quite expensive, did Sally ever finish paying her?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

And for God's sake Dim, just look at your birth cert, love.

Won't his birth cert say his mother is Tess? He thinks she died

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Cash_Q wrote: »
    A bit too convenient that she happened to drop it there, although I'm enjoying the pace they're moving at with the recently filmed episodes (even though Tim just crumpled it up), like the focus on just a few stories too.

He will fire it in the bin like all the pregnancy tests and Eileen will find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Craig must have lost 4-5 stone. Been busy during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Gwynplaine wrote: »

I read 10 stone somewhere. Fair play to him. He looks great, and I'm sure his mental and physical health has benefitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

Meeoow wrote: »
    I read 10 stone somewhere. Fair play to him. He looks great, and I'm sure his mental and physical health has benefitted.

We noticed immediately. The difference is startling. He looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LogicusRex

All the older characters are noticeably absent.
    No Ken, Rita, Claudia, Norris et al.
    Staying away for their own safety I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Jenny Bradley made a mention off Rita and sales off Hot Pots gone up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,273 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

casio4 wrote: »
    Won't his birth cert say his mother is Tess? He thinks she died

No, the woman we see on screen now, Phillipa, gave birth to Dim :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

Could Steve not cook the sausages at his own place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Very strange alrite, unless it's meant to be virus frustration or something or I misheard something Steve said but very strange

Gwynplaine wrote: »

It's like his head on another body :) fair play to the actor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The beard suits Dev quite well in fairness.

I like how Craig constantly appears in his chunky police gear to mask his impressive weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Jikashi wrote: »
    The beard suits Dev quite well in fairness.

I like how Craig constantly appears in his chunky police gear to mask his impressive weight loss.

And Craig asked if Steve liked the new look... meaning Dev's beard, not his own transformation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The Steve/sausage lark was preposterous.. why not cook them at home?? How did he open the packet there and separate one without a knife or scissors handy?...and how the fcuk was a 454gm packet over €5.00???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ann22 wrote: »
    The Steve/sausage lark was preposterous.. why not cook them at home?? How did he open the packet there and separate one without a knife or scissors handy?...and how the fcuk was a 454gm packet over €5.00???

I don't know Originally I thought they were frozen sausages and I've no idea how they calculated the price. Evelyn used always say the place was a rip off to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I think the way Steve was behaving was a way of showing that he is losing control in his life. He is fixating on getting his sausage fix because he can’t do anything to help his son. I think he will fall back into his depression again.

I agree, those sausages were way overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

The sausage thing was definitely an intro to a breakdown that Steve will have, otherwise it was just pure slapstick and ridiculous.

I'm getting used to the social distancing filming now but there's a lot of camera angle changes which makes me a bit dizzy sometimes!

Is Roy one of the over 70’s being shielded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

All very like something from a carry on film script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

I really wish they’d finish off Geoff storyline before filming a wedding, not to mind a virtual stag do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Dev must be playing Bin Laden in an upcoming movie :)

He’s moved away from his previous sharp dressing businessman persona

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

threetrees wrote: »
    The sausage thing was definitely an intro to a breakdown that Steve will have, otherwise it was just pure slapstick and ridiculous.

Maybe it was. I just thought it was an attempt at humour. Not looking forward to another Steve depression story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He really is so gorgeous.

Sarah’s white top she was wearing in Monday’s episode was really nice, anyone know where it is from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe he'll have an affair with her so they can do some romantic scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Maybe they were venison??
    Whole thing was a bit bizarre for sure.

Advertisement