Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Shelga wrote: »
    Haha and none of Gary and Maria's parents and children at their own wedding :pac:

This Covid thing really works for them sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Shelga wrote:
    Haha and none of Gary and Maria's parents and children at their own wedding

I get the parents not being there as that would involve travel; they mentioned Liam and Jake but didnt say why they couldn't be there..also failed to mention the child Gary had with Phelan's daughter..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,456 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shelga wrote: »
    Haha and none of Gary and Maria's parents and children at their own wedding :pac:

Who had the kids, Izzy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why did Maria and Gary rush into getting married so quick? I remember them getting engaged but don’t remember any date or planning being discussed?

How long have they been seeing each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

In fairness I know a couple who got married recently and the registrar only allowed the bride, groom and 2 witnesses. Nobody else, not even their child. So, perhaps it was realistic in that sense.

"Show your rings" was awful though, no replacement for first kiss as a married couple.

Adam's well rid of Sarah, she's nowt but trouble.

Gemma's mother was bloomin hilarious, everything she said about her good nature was total rubbish. I really enjoy her in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

happyday wrote: »
    Are they living at David's? Sarah always seems to be there. They get great value out of that set!

Yes I think so. He was living in the Rovers B&B right up to the wedding but presumably he moved into David's after they got hitched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Not that I want them sensationalising a serious illness that the cast are current at risk of contracting in real life, but I wonder if any character is planned to contract it, even just to hammer home how serious it is.

I also wonder if there'll be any business that will end up contending with some lunatic karen who thinks the whole thing is fake and refuses to take precautions.

This filler story with Sean and Mary is painful but takes up mercifully brief screentime.

I'm sure she has her fans, but I can't stand Gemma's mother as a character. She's just grating, unlikeable and self-serving.

Some characters are introduced as terrible wasters and troublemakers but then they settle in and develop as characters with the cast as a whole, such as Abi, Evelyn, Tim, Gemma and Johnny. Some never get there and ultimately leave, like Gloria, Gina and (pretty much) Moira. But Gemma's mother has been around so long and hasn't got there.

I get that David likes to act aloof and like he couldn't care less, but I think it would have suited him to get protective and tough over a known dangerous scumbag, who has hurt his loved ones before, including threatening Tina and indirectly getting Shona shot, giving the runaround to both his sister and his best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Maria looked no different than usual...her hair was the same..no headdress and she was spraying gallons of hairspray on it. Looked daft her and Gareh 2 metres apart yet them supposed be living together...I suppose they couldn't do much about that.
    Why doesn't Sarah tell Adam about Callum? It might explain her reluctance to report Gary.

Wasn't Adam also not so squeaky clean involved with Ronan the drug dealer's missus or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

I feel it's time for another balcony performance from Mary. Perhaps accompanied by Ben Shepherd 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Was last night Shona’s first time on screen since lock down?

It’s been that long since she’s been in a scene I can’t remember if her and David are back together?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

threetrees wrote: »
    I feel it's time for another balcony performance from Mary. Perhaps accompanied by Ben Shepherd 😂

Perhaps accompanied by Rob Donovan and he'll throw her off. :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And Shona returns and looks like so has her memories

I don't think she's herself though. Louder and laughing more than usual at unfunny things. Unlike her to make the 'Not wanting to kick Adam out of the bed' comment. Clearly her and David have a sort of developing friendship but not keen on this version of her though. She doesn't play it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’ve just remembered Shonas and David’s wedding where she was wearing that bed sheet lol. Up there aswell as one of the worst soap weddings.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I don't think she's herself though. Louder and laughing more than usual at unfunny things. Unlike her to make the 'Not wanting to kick Adam out of the bed' comment. Clearly her and David have a sort of developing friendship but not keen on this version of her though. She doesn't play it well.

Shona seemed familiar with Gary and Sarah's history

Why did Mary open Eileen's private mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Is corrie on twice tonight or are virgin media screwing with the schedule? I just tuned in and saw it's on now :(

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Is corrie on twice tonight or are virgin media screwing with the schedule? I just tuned in and saw it's on now :(

No once at 8.30

7.30 is usually about a character(s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No once at 8.30

7.30 is usually about a character(s)

For me it looks like they switched it this time. 8.30 is about characters. Grrr

jaffa20 wrote: »
    For me it looks like they switched it this time. 8.30 is about characters. Grrr

:o Sorry it is usually the other way around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Seb looks like he's put on a bit of weight in lockdown.

That engine corner was digging right into Abi's boob, ouch! At least it would be ouch if it wasn't made of polystyrene :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

fin12 wrote: »
    I’ve just remembered Shonas and David’s wedding where she was wearing that bed sheet lol. Up there aswell as one of the worst soap weddings.

Also in The Bistro. Where dreams come true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Abbi seems very strong ... see that engine move as she moved in a couple of scenes lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Abbie's accident looked so fake. Am I the only one 1000% sick to the back teeth of hearing Gemma talking about her babies? Is this going to be her only storyline for the next 16 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Kevin's sister (Annie Lennox), is coming back in on a more permanent basis. She doesn't get on with Abi.

Hopefully there'll be less of Gemma and... No Fizz woo hoo. :D

That engine was moving as she was breathing. It couldn't have been that heavy.
    I too am fed up with Gemma and her babies. So boring. Wish she'd close her mouth and stop jutting out her bottom jaw.. that's all I can see when I look at her...and Chesney gurning all the time..neither of them are funny. I like her mam in it though and don't mind Paul.

Kevin's sister (Annie Lennox), is coming back in on a more permanent basis. She doesn't get on with Abi.

Hopefully there'll be less of Gemma and... No Fizz woo hoo. :D

Loved her she brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Abbie's accident looked so fake. Am I the only one 1000% sick to the back teeth of hearing Gemma talking about her babies? Is this going to be her only storyline for the next 16 years.

They have been invisible for a while now. No sign of them at all. I'd love to hear from someone who really had quads what it is like. I only had one at a time and they took up a lot more time than the four of those babies take together.

Her hand should be crushed, how could she breath, I assume as a junkie addict she can't take pain killers

Todd could have emailed Eileen and Jason, modern technology in this day and age what young hipster writes letters :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,840 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Loved her she brilliant

a right brassy northerner from what I can remember....

Advertisement