Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

Ray wants to scam David out of his house is that right? Like why?

Does the Bistro, Webster’s garage and Platts house form a row? Maybe wants to develop the whole site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does the Bistro, Webster’s garage and Platts house form a row? Maybe wants to develop the whole site?

That would be my thinking to.

No doubt his plans won’t go ahead in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The factory is in between Websters and Platts though. Does the factory have a back door onto the road at the back of Websters?

If memory serves me, Mike Baldwins factory took up the land from the factory down to the hair dressers.

The factory is in between Websters and Platts though. Does the factory have a back door onto the road at the back of Websters?

If memory serves me, Mike Baldwins factory took up the land from the factory down to the hair dressers.

I think that you’re right. Also the Kabin is in that area.

Yeah it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Gary own Kevin's burnt second garage premises for his furniture house clearances?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

When they were in the hotel and Shona said she was hungry I thought she would pick up one of the fake apples or pears on the bar and try to eat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

casio4 wrote: »
    When they were in the hotel and Shona said she was hungry I thought she would pick up one of the fake apples or pears on the bar and try to eat it

She likes bananas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She likes bananas

I keep on thinking of the Heather story in Fair City.

Bob liked the Lesbians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Speaking of property, can anyone shed light on these:

- Who owns the builders yard currently? Gary failed in the business but I don't recall him selling the property to anyone?

- Apparently there is an IT company operating out of the downstairs of the house in which Adam Barlow uses the upstairs. Has this ever factored into any plot?

- It bugs me immensely that with all the house swapping, cramped space, etc that there's a full two-storey house on the street that has NEVER been occupied by any characters in the entire run of the show. 12 Victoria Street, it shares the row with Roy's, the community centre and the Victoria Court apartments. Sarah and Gary, Steve and Tracey, and Claudia have all talked about buying it in recent years but that's it, unless I'm mistaken? If Ray wants another spot in the area to start a business, he could have that instead of devising some Dick Dastardly shenanigans with a sinkhole.

As another poster said, how exactly does one trigger a man made sinkhole. Especially, just one guy with no heavy machinery and in a way which no-one saw or heard anything?

You'd wonder how whats his name, found a person with those kind of skills. Its not like he could put an ad in the Weatherfield Echo:
    Wanted: experienced civil engineer for dastardly plot. For more information call Dick Dastardly, Coronation Street. No time wasters please.

Shona is really starting to grate on me. The finding random things hilarious is tiring. Even David seemed to be getting fed up of her.

Aside from a silhouette in a buggy have we ever actually seen Oliver? Sounds like he's a goner. Handled very poorly by the doctor IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    But they've just done the whole Steve has a child he doesn't know about thing with Emma.

It just seemed strange that they had to get that little mention of their one date in. There must have been a reason for it. Poor Nick if I'm right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    But they've just done the whole Steve has a child he doesn't know about thing with Emma.

It just seemed strange that they had to get that little mention of their one date in. There must have been a reason for it. Poor Nick if I'm right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

Jikashi wrote: »
    Speaking of property, can anyone shed light on these:

- Who owns the builders yard currently? Gary failed in the business but I don't recall him selling the property to anyone?

According to ITV, the Baileys bought it from Jason Grimshaw.

https://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/articles/exclusive-new-family-ed-aggie-michael-james-bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

did I miss something? who did David ring to come look at the sinkhole or did your man just wander in the side gate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭magicray

did I miss something? who did David ring to come look at the sinkhole or did your man just wander in the side gate?

I was wondering that myself, how did he manage to ring the guy that's in cahoots with Ray ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

He said he was going to ring the water board! But surely if he did that and Ray's guy fluked it with the timing someone from the water board would have turned up later. Unless Ray's guy is a dodgy water board employee but even then what are the chances of it being hom that answered David's call!

Shakyfan wrote: »
    He said he was going to ring the water board! But surely if he did that and Ray's guy fluked it with the timing someone from the water board would have turned up later. Unless Ray's guy is a dodgy water board employee but even then what are the chances of it being hom that answered David's call!

I think we can all agree, the holes in this plot are bigger than the one in Davids back garden.

Ray is a major hotelier, he wants to build a hotel on that part of the street and add to his chain, having assessed the market through running the bistro.

How about the skeleton which is in the ground at Platts' house? Are they not all concerned that will be uncovered in all this or are there not enough brain cells to do the worrying? Shona did clumsily mention a body, I'm guessing this will unearth soon.

• Advertisement

Ray is a major hotelier, he wants to build a hotel on that part of the street and add to his chain, having assessed the market through running the bistro.

How about the skeleton which is in the ground at Platts' house? Are they not all concerned that will be uncovered in all this or are there not enough brain cells to do the worrying? Shona did clumsily mention a body, I'm guessing this will unearth soon.

That was unearthed some time ago when Tyrone crashed into Platts house. It was pinned on Jason’s now departed Dad

You raise a good point. Ray has a 5 star hotel in town, why does he want a crappy three star on a residential street in a suburb?

Talk on line that Ray is Callum's dad but why target Abi and Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sparko wrote: »

I completely forgot they existed, oops.

Jikashi wrote: »
    I completely forgot they existed, oops.

Me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Talk on line that Ray is Callum's dad but why target Abi and Kevin

Yawn

To thine own self be true

That was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is the guy that plays David Platt the worlds worst actor...does he have anything other than “scowl with yer eyes closed” in his repertoire???

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is the guy that plays David Platt the worlds worst actor...does he have anything other than “scowl with yer eyes closed” in his repertoire???

No. The fart smeller is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

The Oliver storyline should have been cancelled & Yasmines one put out of its misery! What an awful madam Devs daughter is, didn’t the in she was always like that?

Advertisement