Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Icsics wrote: »
    The Oliver storyline should have been cancelled & Yasmines one put out of its misery! What an awful madam Devs daughter is, didn’t the in she was always like that?

I don't think she was always like that but she never really did much before. I find the goody goody brother hard to take seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Icsics wrote: »
    The Oliver storyline should have been cancelled & Yasmines one put out of its misery! What an awful madam Devs daughter is, didn’t the in she was always like that?

I'm surprised they've introduced a new child character (yet another long lost son) when kids are not allowed currently on set due to Covid.
    They'll have lots of shots of Nick going into a bedroom to see 'Sam'.

To thine own self be true

I'm surprised they've introduced a new child character (yet another long lost son) when kids are not allowed currently on set due to Covid.
    They'll have lots of shots of Nick going into a bedroom to see 'Sam'.

He’s 10 years old. They can meet in the Bistro, or Roy’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

The Asha storyline is bugging me. She's only 14, so moving out at 16 is ages away!

The Oliver story is heartbreaking, I hate when kids are so ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't think she was always like that but she never really did much before. I find the goody goody brother hard to take seriously.

Well at least he’s a lot more mature and grown up then that Asha. She’s actually treating her father and brother like sh*t when all they have done is offer her support.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Well at least he’s a lot more mature and grown up then that Asha. She’s actually treating her father and brother like sh*t when all they have done is offer her support.

Corey is also an ass**le. He didn’t seem to be early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,454 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am still confused as to when Asha forgave Corey and got back with him, surely as she is underage he would have to stay away after he filmed her even if no charges were filed, she is very ungrateful and rude to her father Dev who is doing his best :confused::mad:

He’s 10 years old. They can meet in the Bistro, or Roy’s.

But the child won't be in shot so it'll be an off camera story mostly so why introduce it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

When Dev brought up his projections on a white and grey webpage with a blue banner and central search bar, I could have sworn he'd just loaded up boards.ie

Maybe to show Asha the comments from us all telling her that she's a dopey brat and her boyfriend is a c**t. :rolleyes:

Since someone mentioned it on this thread I can't refer to the twins as anything other than Asda and Aldi.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭jams100

I have to be honest, I've been really impressed by the production since covid, the storylines have for the most part continued uninterrupted and the whole 2 meter social distancing hasn't really been noticeable or effected the storylines.

I watched fair city the other day and it was just horrible, the story lines were very poor and the social distancing was so obvious. I know its a bad example but it shows how well the likes of corrie have adapted to the new reality. I do miss Evelyn tho she's a great laugh

jams100 wrote: »
    I have to be honest, I've been really impressed by the production since covid, the storylines have for the most part continued uninterrupted and the whole 2 meter social distancing hasn't really been noticeable or effected the storylines.

I watched fair city the other day and it was just horrible, the story lines were very poor and the social distancing was so obvious. I know its a bad example but it shows how well the likes of corrie have adapted to the new reality. I do miss Evelyn tho she's a great laugh

Every soap is doing better than Fair city, the other soaps have decided to pick up the storylines where they left them pre Covid and briefly include Covid references. Fair city on the other hand has decided to not bother going back to any old stories and instead all their stories are about Covid and lockdown. Like other posters have said on the fair city thread it’s like a HSE Covid advertisement and it should be renamed Covid city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

jams100 wrote:

jams100 wrote:

I couldn't agree less. It's been dreadful. Just think of Mary. Or Shona. The story lines are pathetic. Back of an envelope kind of thing.

bobbyss wrote: »
    I couldn't agree less. It's been dreadful. Just think of Mary. Or Shona. The story lines are pathetic. Back of an envelope kind of thing.

His point is they continued where they left off rather than making it all about Covid.

Mary and Shona were already there and they are continuing with them.

I don't mind Mary but Shona I am fed up of. And the Dick Dastardly, ahem I mean Ray revelation is beyond silly.

Why Aldi didn't punch Corey on Monday night is beyond me. Or better yet, beat him to death with his own shoe and then dump his body in Davids hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Friday's didn't record for me for some reason so just watched clips on YouTube. How did Natasha appear back? She was a nice girl back in the day.. for a while before she went loopers.
    Shona is seriously getting on my nerves. She didn't really suit David in the first place but at least she behaved normally. Her stupid random comments and fake laugh are so annoying. Even the way she marches about the place, ponytail swinging, annoys me. See how she stands down a step on the street so she's not towering over little David?

Ann22 wrote: »
    Friday's didn't record for me for some reason so just watched clips on YouTube. How did Natasha appear back? She was a nice girl back in the day.. for a while before she went loopers.
    Shona is seriously getting on my nerves. She didn't really suit David in the first place but at least she behaved normally. Her stupid random comments and fake laugh are so annoying. Even the way she marches about the place, ponytail swinging, annoys me. See how she stands down a step on the street so she's not towering over little David?

The random fake laugh really grates on me. And the civil engineer is giving his report on the hole and shes making comments about him looking like Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. It's amazing to me David didn't tell her to STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ann22 wrote: »

She had brought her son to the same hospital as Oliver. Small world!

Sparko wrote: »
    She had brought her son to the same hospital as Oliver. Small world!

Her 10 year old son. Nick is doing his sums on when he and Natasha last slept together. Meanwhile his surrogate son is at deaths door. So you can guess whats coming next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,090 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Her 10 year old son. Nick is doing his sums on when he and Natasha last slept together. Meanwhile his surrogate son is at deaths door. So you can guess whats coming next.

here-s-one-i-made-earlier-1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

pjohnson wrote: »
    here-s-one-i-made-earlier-1.png

Maybe, they’ll do a head swap!

His point is they continued where they left off rather than making it all about Covid.

Mary and Shona were already there and they are continuing with them.

I don't mind Mary but Shona I am fed up of. And the Dick Dastardly, ahem I mean Ray revelation is beyond silly.

Why Aldi didn't punch Corey on Monday night is beyond me. Or better yet, beat him to death with his own shoe and then dump his body in Davids hole.

The uninterrupted story lines are as bad as ever. It's a pity Covid didn't just wipe them out. A fresh start, as it were.

Maybe, they’ll do a head swap!

Leanne will probably kidnap Nick's long lost son.

Who tf is Debbie?

Who tf is Debbie?

Annie Lennox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

When did corrie get a costa coffee? Annie Lennox was drinking one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

This is a horrible storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

I'm not able for this Oliver situ. Is it not horrible enough without the whole long lost son angle. I really don't think I can keep watching. It's too sad

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

jaffa20 wrote: »

Over 2 years ago. Corrie did placement deals with Costa and Co-Op. You'll see Co-Op bags hanging on doors but they still talk about going to Freshco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jaffa20 wrote: »

About two years ago I’d say!

Advertisement