Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Also, how come he's allowed on set when all the other kids aren't?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Shelga wrote: »
    Why is Nick's son already saying "I love you" on the phone??

Granted, I haven't seen every single second of it recently, but I didn't know he had even met the son yet?!

He wrote Nick a letter, did Natasha provide him Nick's name and address :confused:

He seems like a little gobby cute nerd, hard to think he is Nick and Natasha's son

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He wrote Nick a letter, did Natasha provide him Nick's name and address :confused:

He seems like a little gobby cute nerd, hard to think he is Nick and Natasha's son

He must have heard about the factory he sent the letter there

Nick kid is gonna get on my wick Jesus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

casio4 wrote: »
    He must have heard about the factory he sent the letter there

Probably looked up his Linkdin account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Daniel is probably the luckiest f**ker on the street (neglectful upbringing and dead wife notwithstanding). Every time he commits a crime he gets away with it because people have to plead for the pity of others on his behalf. Off the top of my head he's:

>Broken into Ray's office to steal personal information
    >Gotten hooked on hard drugs for five minutes
    >Committed attempted murder on his elderly father
    >Smashed up a shop with a golf club
    >Stole £5000 from Geoff
    >Beat up Chesney

And each time he gets away with it because someone like Ken or Peter begs the injured party to pity him and who knows how many times Adam or Craig have jeopardised their own careers to help him, and he never appears grateful, just mildly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Gail's back! And as dopey as ever.

Also, I feel like Leanne losing it every 5 minutes is just needless extra drama. I understand that Oliver's prognosis is not an easy thing to accept, but there's enough sadness in that, without her threatening everyone with court. I hate this storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Shelga wrote: »
    Gail's back! And as dopey as ever.

Also, I feel like Leanne losing it every 5 minutes is just needless extra drama. I understand that Oliver's prognosis is not an easy thing to accept, but there's enough sadness in that, without her threatening everyone with court. I hate this storyline.

Me too. I know she is devestated but she needs to cop on seriously!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It would be great if they no longer had a character called Oliver in this soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tracy saving their finances from flushing them down the toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I really hate the smart kid trope.

This whole Nick thing has taken a bizarre turn.

And him having a smart son is about as believable as... Well many other story lines.

Edit: i thought of one. About as believable as Sean being able to change locks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,398 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nick is not saying it but in side he's like '' my sons better than your son''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

This whole Nick thing has taken a bizarre turn.

And him having a smart son is about as believable as... Well many other story lines.

Edit: i thought of one. About as believable as Sean being able to change locks.

Sean isn't replacing the locks! Eileen told him that he would have to meet the cost of getting them done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Abi - Sorry Sal, I've got a splitting headache. I can't be your maid of honour right now.

Sally - No bother. You can do it next time I marry Tim... or Kev.

Honestly! As they go out the door to the wedding and no one bats an eyelid.

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Sean isn't replacing the locks! Eileen told him that he would have to meet the cost of getting them done.

Mary said "You'll sleep better when Sean has replaced those locks".

If you know someone has a key to your place that shouldn't, you replace the lock immediately. By all means give the bill to Sean but you do it straightaway. At the very least, you buy a padlock in Devs and put it on the back gate.

How about I change it to "About as believable as Sean having the wherewithal to quickly organise a locksmith".

The security and integrity of your home has been compromised, do you trust Sean to fix it?

happyday wrote: »
    Abi - Sorry Sal, I've got a splitting headache. I can't be your maid of honour right now.

Sally - No bother. You can do it next time I marry Tim... or Kev.

Honestly! As they go out the door to the wedding and no one bats an eyelid.

And considering a few things:

1. She's never had a migraine before
    2. She recently recovered from drug addiction, did no-one think she was staying home to get high?
    3. What teenager doesn't notice she's missing her phone for more than 5 minutes? Nevermind doesn't notice all through a wedding ceremony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Leanne shouting, snapping , arguing..

Very had to have sympathy at this stage !. I know she is bound to feel anger and will do anything for her son but jesus maybe show a "normal" side, like a blubbering mess looking at her son like this.

With Leanne it's always straight to anger

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Leanne shouting, snapping , arguing..

Very had to have sympathy at this stage !. I know she is bound to feel anger and will do anything for her son but jesus maybe show a "normal" side, like a blubbering mess looking at her son like this.

With Leanne it's always straight to anger

I got my ex interested in Corrie but Leanne was her dynamite. Anytime Leanne was in her shouty mood, the ex would go "For F*cks sake Leanne!".

It was funny to watch though I shared the sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I don’t like Leanne’s character and never have. I know I should be feeling sorry for her at the moment as Oliver’s storyline is so sad but I’m not. I can’t stand any scene she’s in. The constant screaming and shouting and abuse she’s hurling at the doctors is ridiculous and when she’s not shouting at the doctors she’s shouting at Nick. I know it’s completely understandable that she’s feeling horrified and angry but every single scene she’s in is like Groundhog Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don’t like Leanne’s character and never have. I know I should be feeling sorry for her at the moment as Oliver’s storyline is so sad but I’m not. I can’t stand any scene she’s in. The constant screaming and shouting and abuse she’s hurling at the doctors is ridiculous and when she’s not shouting at the doctors she’s shouting at Nick. I know it’s completely understandable that she’s feeling horrified and angry but every single scene she’s in is like Groundhog Day.

She’s always been like that though. She used always only say Oliver was nicks son was his when it suited her if he disagreed with something she would shove it in his face that Oliver wasn’t his son. She has quiet a nasty side to her , always has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

If that kid says 'when I grow up, I want to be an astrophysicist' one more time ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,802 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bobbyss wrote: »
    If that kid says 'when I grow up, I want to be an astrophysicist' one more time ...

Personally I think Roy Cropper might be the father!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

2. She recently recovered from drug addiction, did no-one think she was staying home to get high?
    3. What teenager doesn't notice she's missing her phone for more than 5 minutes? Nevermind doesn't notice all through a wedding ceremony.

Re no3. she did notice she didn't have her phone before she got into the car to leave for the wedding but still left without it. I'm far from being a teenager but there is no way I'd knowingly leave my house without my phone.

Rita and Ken are back filming. It may be something to do with Coronation Street 60th Anniversary in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I could forgive Abi all that but the make up :eek:

Any guesses as to where Fayes now romantic storyline is going?

I’ll kick off with him being a thoroughly delightful chap, from a decent, upstanding family of professional parents............

Any guesses as to where Fayes now romantic storyline is going?

I’ll kick off with him being a thoroughly delightful chap, from a decent, upstanding family of professional parents............

Probably a Catfish story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Maybe it's Jeff?! Would you really put anything by that man, the face on him as he left Abbie and Faye, angry man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Personally I think Roy Cropper might be the father!

:D:D:D

Advertisement