Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fin12 wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8876205/Jack-P-Shepherds-ex-Lauren-Shippey-claims-not-seen-children-FOUR-months.html

Always found it strange how a man who has kids and can clearly afford his own place, chooses to live in a house share. Shows how completely immature he is.

He definitely doesn’t come across as a nice person in real life, doesn’t even acknowledge one of his kids who was the result of a one night stand.

I was just after reading this too. If it's true, he sounds like a wimp.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I just read the article now but these things can be totally twisted by media to get a reaction. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. He may not be an angel but who knows what the full story is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

What's the story with Gemmas new look. Bjork comes to mind. Looks ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Leanne came out of Oliver's hospital room to tell Nick that Oliver had responded to the noise Nick had made almost before Nick had made the noise in the first place.

A bit like Todd coming down the stairs before the villain has gone out the door.

A bit like Gary overheating a conversation inside a house as he's walking past.

A bit like...

Well a bit like as bad a producer and a script wtiter can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gigantic09 wrote: »

Her blush highlighter is too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Craig the hero! And you would well recognise your man's accent behind that mask to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

That was terrible acting by Craig during the shooting scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

jaffa20 wrote: »
    That was terrible acting by Craig during the shooting scene.

Does he die?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

gigantic09 wrote: »

She looks like she's in 80's fancy dress. Ridiculous is right.

Aunty Beth looks much better without the Yorkshire Terrier hairstyle. She had some work done too I think. Cheekbones, botox, fillers etc.

Does he die?

I doubt it, he was shot in the shoulder

I wonder will PC Tinker be in trouble for running in when ordered to wait for back up, what happened to his training partner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,799 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I doubt it, he was shot in the shoulder

I wonder will PC Tinker be in trouble for running in when ordered to wait for back up, what happened to his training partner?

Hopefully he’ll be kicked out. I just can’t take him seriously as a police officer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

rapul wrote: »
    Craig the hero! And you would well recognise your man's accent behind that mask to be fair

Especially as Ray had spoken to Scott many times in recent days, would know his voice and build, had recently fired him, had told him about his poker party (with one guest?) and knew he was a criminal.

For a guy who demanded he have a getaway driver, Scott doesn't look like he made much effort to put distance between him and the Bistro after getting away.
    He even seemed to hang around in the ginnel on the off chance that Johnny would wander out so Scott could scold him.
    The same Johnny who was unable to receive phonecalls and who was last seen unconscious and barely mobile in an alley, i.e. a man Scott would be very unlikely to see again for the rest of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

rapul wrote: »

He had the making of an interesting character but that attempt at a successful robbery,even kirk would have made a better fist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

It wasn't exactly Hatton Garden. He got a gun and a getaway car and a driver to raid a restaurant 72 cobblestones away from where he lives. And for what? The takings from a restaurant with no customers and yer man's watch.

Hopefully Craig's notebook took the bullet.

Looks like
    Scott the Jackal holes up in the pub.
    Where else eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I wonder will Faye and Craig get together now he's gone all Kevin Costner in the bodyguard.

I wonder was Scott's plan to frame or get Johnny caught, it on his neighbourhood and not much takings to rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I wonder will Faye and Craig get together now he's gone all Kevin Costner in the bodyguard.

I hope so, I like Craig, the big softie :)

Just watching Monday's now, the two lads howling like banshees at each other outside what I think was the back of the Bistro and no one heard them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

There's some speculation on Twitter that Kevin's sister is the mysterious "Roxy" who's buying up the houses with yer man from the bistro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

There's some speculation on Twitter that Kevin's sister is the mysterious "Roxy" who's buying up the houses with yer man from the bistro.

Now that would be good !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Twelve year old Dylan (after apparently splitting up with his girlfriend) asking his dad, Sean, about affairs of the heart:'Does it get any easier?'

It would make you laugh. Who do these writers think they are?

A girlfriend at twelve? Splitting up at twelve? It all seems unnecessary in a soap where there is more than enough of boyfriend-girlfriend of an adult nature going on. Can the writers not come up with something more credible ?

Ah Corrie script writers, Alya asking Geoff why he wouldn't want a 'fresh start'. We'd gone so long without someone mentioning one :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Is this same as what happened with Daniel in Enders... Arthur is about to cark it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Did Todd's father ever pop up on the show when he was younger, I don't recall.

Does Alya know about the hookers and STD that he gave Yasmeen, that is where the money went from Geoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

bobbyss wrote: »
    Twelve year old Dylan (after apparently splitting up with his girlfriend) asking his dad, Sean, about affairs of the heart:'Does it get any easier?'

It would make you laugh. Who do these writers think they are?

A girlfriend at twelve? Splitting up at twelve? It all seems unnecessary in a soap where there is more than enough of boyfriend-girlfriend of an adult nature going on. Can the writers not come up with something more credible ?

Sure that's why so many of them are teenage parents

I thought maybe Dylan was going to be gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,799 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought maybe Dylan was going to be gay

I was expecting him to be out of control and a bit of a homophobe but a chat from Roy. Rita, etc would sort him out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was expecting him to be out of control and a bit of a homophobe but a chat from Roy. Rita, etc would sort him out.

...and give him a fresh start.

Sorry to see the old Summer go, she had a sort of world-weary way of delivering her lines. Don't like the new Todd, too smarmy and mean.

Advertisement