Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I thought maybe Dylan was going to be gay

Thankfully not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I was expecting him to be out of control and a bit of a homophobe but a chat from Roy. Rita, etc would sort him out.

He might oil Rita’s castors!

TCM wrote: »
    Thankfully not.

I’d love to see a soap storyline where a child is LGBT and to see him or her growing up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I’d love to see a soap storyline where a child is LGBT and to see him or her growing up etc

That would be interesting. I can't remember any soap doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

happyday wrote: »
    That would be interesting. I can't remember any soap doing that.

Aaron’s sister is asexual in emmetdale.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Aaron’s sister is asexual in emmetdale.

Oh right. I don't watch Emmerdale.

What is Kevs sister up to? Poor Evelyn. Well played by both. Love herself and Roy.

What is Kevs sister up to? Poor Evelyn. Well played by both. Love herself and Roy.

I say she has no job and could be flat broke aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

she's Roxie, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Debbie give money to Sophie, Rosie and Kevin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's easy to forget how violent this programme is.

Craig was shot and a few metres away two people threatened with murder. Steve's wife ( can't remember her name) murdered that plumber fellow.
    John Stape killed someone.
    Some playground incident someone was shot i think.
    Robert shot.
    A body under a floor in David's house.
    A fellow was attacked and blinded.
    Some chaps running after David all the time wanting to have a go.
    Todd threatened.
    Etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Evelyn story was done before with Eileen. They'll come back together no doubt and Arthur will move into Tyrone's house!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

The area in the little park where they all sit to chat is so grotty. The bench is filthy and badly needs to be changed or at least repainted. The surrounding walls are revoltingly dirty. Who would want to sit in there to talk or eat. How incredibly stupid is Alya. She’s always letting Geoff get the upper hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Whatever happened to Anna Windass, Garys mother?
    Did she ever get out of jail ?
    She’s never mentioned, and no one ever visits her in jail seemingly.
    Even Rita still goes to visit Mavis every now and then, and how long is it since she “moved away”?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

<snip>
    How incredibly stupid is Alya. She’s always letting Geoff get the upper hand.
    They are just milking it now and are turning a serious subject into a joke. Yasmeen is in prison anyway so they have taken away the point of the whole thing. Alya following after Geoff was pure sitcom stuff and then for laughs we get the woman coming in on her Zimmer frame. Transfer that scene to Last of The Summer Wine and you can hear the howls of laughter.

Now that story will go on the back burner no doubt to drag it out a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Whatever happened to Anna Windass, Garys mother?
    Did she ever get out of jail ?
    She’s never mentioned, and no one ever visits her in jail seemingly.
    Even Rita still goes to visit Mavis every now and then, and how long is it since she “moved away”?

Anna did get out but didn’t want to live on the street anymore. Faye disappears to stay with her often. Pat’s daughter Nicola and baby went with her. Gary visits them too as he’s the father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The area in the little park where they all sit to chat is so grotty. The bench is filthy and badly needs to be changed or at least repainted. The surrounding walls are revoltingly dirty. Who would want to sit in there to talk or eat. How incredibly stupid is Alya. She’s always letting Geoff get the upper hand.
    In real life it would stink of urine and be full of used johnnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

And the back Lane’s would be full of Sh*#e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Two of the most accurate comments I've read online in a long time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Geoff mentioned to the woman he ultimately met up with that "a little birdy tipped me off" about Alya's plans to follow him, which is why he wheeled out the old lady to throw her off.

That made me think of who that tipster might have been since he has no friends and remembered that when Alya told Ryan her plans, Kevin and his sister were in the restaurant and the sister reacted to them talking loudly about Geoff.

We already have our thoughts that the sister is involved with the scheme to buy up the street properties, and after David Platt, Geoff is next on the list. Is she the link how the two current big ongoing stories intertwine and climax as part of the anniversary storyline in December? If so I wonder if Abi will factor in, since he's already got beef with Ray and Geoff and might suss out Kev's sister and become an inconvenience for all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Ya, Abi is starting to ask a lot of questions about Kev’s sister now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

They are just milking it now and are turning a serious subject into a joke. Yasmeen is in prison anyway so they have taken away the point of the whole thing. Alya following after Geoff was pure sitcom stuff and then for laughs we get the woman coming in on her Zimmer frame. Transfer that scene to Last of The Summer Wine and you can hear the howls of laughter.

Now that story will go on the back burner no doubt to drag it out a bit more.

This is very true. Remember months ago they said the storyline couldn’t be rushed to ‘reflect the reality’, it’s descended into farce now. Some really awful storyline now but they’ve destroyed Yazmeens one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

That's the scripts!

I missed the last few minutes last night.
    Why did Scott just walk out to the police?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I missed the last few minutes last night.
    Why did Scott just walk out to the police?

Did Johnny convince him to turn himself in?

Was it Emma or Johnny who called the police?

It was very unclear. The police didn't shout at them to come out and couldn't have known that Scott was pointing a gun at them. It didn't make sense.

Condoms don’t exist in soap land. Every one night stand results in a pregnancy but very few walking around with STDS . I actually think soaps should be ashamed of themselves how they actually never promote safe sex.

People lives are destroyed by STDS and they continue to promote this oh whatever attitude, it’s a ****ing joke.

Condoms don’t exist in soap land. Every one night stand results in a pregnancy but very few walking around with STDS . I actually think soaps should be ashamed of themselves how they actually never promote safe sex.

People lives are destroyed by STDS and they continue to promote this oh whatever attitude, it’s a ****ing joke.
    I posted this sentiment exactly on this thread about 2 years ago.
    They really should do an STI story, they have a moral obligation to do so with all the supposed hook ups that take place and the regular threat of an unplanned pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I posted this sentiment exactly on this thread about 2 years ago.
    They really should do an STI story, they have a moral obligation to do so with all the supposed hook ups that take place and the regular threat of an unplanned pregnancy.

They did a storyline with Seb & HIV.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Johnny convince him to turn himself in?

Was it Emma or Johnny who called the police?

Johnny told them.

Advertisement