Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Remind me again where Sean's money goes to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Sean’s young fella has a fine Northern accent. Hasn’t he lived in London all his life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why was Abbie wearing a mask when she is working on a car? So stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

she's Roxie, I think

Well done Colly !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

They did a storyline with Seb & HIV.

They didn't really expand on it though I felt.
    They barely glossed over that he got it from a girl.
    I think they should do a chlamydia or genital warts story because they are far more prevelant.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Jikashi wrote: »
    Geoff mentioned to the woman he ultimately met up with that "a little birdy tipped me off" about Alya's plans to follow him, which is why he wheeled out the old lady to throw her off.

That made me think of who that tipster might have been since he has no friends and remembered that when Alya told Ryan her plans, Kevin and his sister were in the restaurant and the sister reacted to them talking loudly about Geoff.

We already have our thoughts that the sister is involved with the scheme to buy up the street properties, and after David Platt, Geoff is next on the list. Is she the link how the two current big ongoing stories intertwine and climax as part of the anniversary storyline in December? If so I wonder if Abi will factor in, since he's already got beef with Ray and Geoff and might suss out Kev's sister and become an inconvenience for all three.

BOOM! :pac:
    That got revealed a lot sooner than I was expecting.

With plans in motion for Geoff, Sally and Tim, David, and the factory, and Streetcars and its apartment also being sold by Steve, that only leaves The Kabin, Audrey's and their respective apartments I think.

Audrey might be tempted to take the opportunity to retire and join Claudia in Shady Plots, between selling the salon to Ray and the barber's to Maria. Brian and Cathy might get a sweet offer too.

I wonder if the last domino standing ends up being Rita in some major "Pixar's Up"-esque stand-off for the 60th anniversary where one of the street's oldest residents saves her neighbourhood from being gentrified, similar to how elder statesman Barlow led the charge against having the cobblestones dug up this time twenty years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Remind me again where Sean's money goes to?

It is a bit mad isn’t it that he’d need to ring the bank to organise an overdraft for £300, he has 2 jobs and rents a room in a terraced house.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    It is a bit mad isn’t it that he’d need to ring the bank to organise an overdraft for £300, he has 2 jobs and rents a room in a terraced house.

No car or travel costs to work, it really is strange.

Wonder what Adi story is he’s lonely or jealous or his sister boyfriend?

Wonder what Adi story is he’s lonely or jealous or his sister boyfriend?

Am he hates her boyfriend cause he is the one who recorded her without her permission and then the video got leaked, had to put up with a lot of sh*t in school because of it, also defended his sister during this time but she threw it back in his face. It’s not the fact she has a boyfriend , it’s who her boyfriend is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Adi and Asha are well old enough now for Dev to let them in on his money problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Adi and Corey will end up fighting, one getting hurt bad, Asha is an idiot for him again

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Adi and Corey will end up fighting, one getting hurt bad, Asha is an idiot for him again

All the teens do have a big story coming up next year something involving the woods and Abi oddly

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Already exists

I think they should do a chlamydia or genital warts story because they are far more prevelant.
    They did have the storyline where Yasmeen got chlamydia from Geoff recently. More storylines like that would be good.

So Debbie is Ray's ex and they are in business to take all the Street for developing, is this the big storyline for Corrie 60th

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Used to be a big fan of Corrie for many many years. Dropped it as the standard of acting and the storylines went from bad to worse.

I'm sure they cover all kinds of topics but chlamydia and genital warts storylines wouldn't appeal to me, as a viewer.

Is there any lightness or humour in it these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Also, £300 for a hospitality package for Weatherfield County! While we’re on it, Sean’s son lives in London, he hardly follows Weathy County to the extent that he knows who James is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

What was Grace arrested for? She didn't actually abduct the child. She was pretending to be her mother when she was minding her which yes is messed up but not an imprisonable offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    What was Grace arrested for? She didn't actually abduct the child. She was pretending to be her mother when she was minding her which yes is messed up but not an imprisonable offence?

Obtaining money under false pretenses? She did let Michael believe that the child was his though and he was paying her money on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Also, £300 for a hospitality package for Weatherfield County! While we’re on it, Sean’s son lives in London, he hardly follows Weathy County to the extent that he knows who James is

He was born there. His Manchester accent remains a mystery.

• Advertisement

I thought Violet and Jamie lived in Manchester with Dylan

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

fin12 wrote: »
    Condoms don’t exist in soap land. Every one night stand results in a pregnancy but very few walking around with STDS . I actually think soaps should be ashamed of themselves how they actually never promote safe sex.

People lives are destroyed by STDS and they continue to promote this oh whatever attitude, it’s a ****ing joke.

More likely you would find positive pregnancy tests.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Violet and Jamie lived in Manchester with Dylan

I thought that they’d moved to London but had since split up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

It’s really gone down hill .. lots of silly story lines with no real humour. Plenty of filler content. Most of the stories making the residents look thick as ****.
    Would have been better to stick to the two episodes a week with decent content.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought the first one tonight was good and funny, I love the way Debbie is stirring things up

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought the first one tonight was good and funny, I love the way Debbie is stirring things up

Debbie / Roxy / Noah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

In all fairness there's no way Geoff and Sally could be that thick. Debbie talking to both of them as if they were toddlers and they believing every word.
    Asha is being so horrible to Dev. I think the beard should definitely go it's awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭threetrees

Where did Asha gain a year? She's only 14 nearly 15 and the storyline has her at 15 nearly 16.

threetrees wrote: »
    Where did Asha gain a year? She's only 14 nearly 15 and the storyline has her at 15 nearly 16.
    Poetic license.

• Advertisement

Sean’s financial situation is hilarious, he must have a serious online shopping addiction cause where is all the money going ????

Advertisement