Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

The Michael fella does my head in. Can he just stay easy for a few seconds. His head never stops or his hands. He sat on the arm of the sofa the other night and I thought he'd stay still but then his shoulders started bopping like a break dancer on acid.

And as for the Grace one and her bawling!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

This Dev/Asha storyline is so cringe. If my dad had screamed about my sex life (or distinct lack thereof! :pac:) in the middle of the street when I was 15, I would have applied for legal emancipation!

Maybe this storyline is mean to make us think about the impact of having sex young, and how Sunita's absence is affecting Asha at this stage of her development, but it just makes me want to burrow into a hole and hibernate until it's over...

I can understand Dev being mad and angry, look what Corey and Kelly did to Asha and Dev is in debt over the school change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sean's son took in all that information about this Scottish castle from his mother's text in less than one second. What a precocious kid. I doubt he'll spend years floundering in a knickers' factory trying to make ends meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Shelga wrote: »
    This Dev/Asha storyline is so cringe. If my dad had screamed about my sex life (or distinct lack thereof! :pac:) in the middle of the street when I was 15, I would have applied for legal emancipation!

Maybe this storyline is mean to make us think about the impact of having sex young, and how Sunita's absence is affecting Asha at this stage of her development, but it just makes me want to burrow into a hole and hibernate until it's over...

Yes the discussion in the street was not good but I think fair play to him for speaking with her about it, not an easy conversation but it’s worse when parents don’t speak about it at all. I think Dev is a very good father and he has been a single dad for a long time and doing the best he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    Yes the discussion in the street was not good but I think fair play to him for speaking with her about it, not an easy conversation but it’s worse when parents don’t speak about it at all. I think Dev is a very good father and he has been a single dad for a long time and doing the best he can.

In my day parents didn't speak to their children about the 'birds and bees'.. His daughter is being very mature, I didn't like her boyfriend, he's a sleeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In my day parents didn't speak to their children about the 'birds and bees'.. His daughter is being very mature, I didn't like her boyfriend, he's a sleeze.

Mine didn’t either and still wouldnt t to this day not like I would want to either lol so I think the approach nowadays is way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭jaffa20

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think i will skip this episode. It's a horrible storyline but i can't put up with Leanne any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Not a fan of Leanne either, I find it hard to feel sympathy for her regardless of the horrible circumstances. She spends her time shouting and storming out of rooms. You could do an entire episode 'cutting and pasting' the scenes of her storming off.

• Advertisement

Ben Price as Nick is the only one saving the Oliver storyline for me, his acting, expressions etc., all very good

You would think given his condition that Liz, Andy, Eva, Stella, Janice, Gloria or Les would try to come visit or be mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Does
    Oliver die next week?

I felt bad for Emma crying in the police station! She's so sweet. Although yet again, a legal case is resolved in Coronation Street faster than you can make a cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Shelga wrote: »
    Does
    Oliver die next week?

I felt bad for Emma crying in the police station! She's so sweet. Although yet again, a legal case is resolved in Coronation Street faster than you can make a cup of tea.

Yes to your question. There's an hour long episode on Friday dedicated to it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Fiolina wrote: »
    Yes to your question. There's an hour long episode on Friday dedicated to it :(

It’s a very sad story, and important to cover it but I just wish it wasn’t so Leanne centred. She’s very hard to feel sympathy or empathy for. The total lack of respect for anyone who doesn’t agree 100% with her is very hard to listen to. The constant screeching and shouting from her.

Leanne makes a pass at Steve, Adam asks Alina out

Tracey the voice of reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Sparko

Team building event for the factory staff - looks like the majority of them weren't invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

So one minute Sarah tells Todd there are no jobs at the factory they are not recruiting, the next he's working in sales by the end of the day he's in speed dahl at a team building evening. Sean had to get a bank overdraft to pay for the tickets to bring his son to the football, he even asked Eileen for a holiday from the rent and now he's splashing the cash on makeup. If he's that good at putting makeup on why is he not working in the undertakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I was hoping Sean would go for a walk in the countryside and get shot by pheasant hunters. WTF did he get that top?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

The writing really is pathetic.
    Eileen tells Todd to get a job or get hoovering.
    Todd walks out the front door, Sarah just happens to be standing at the factory steps talking to the two silliest characters on the street, and Bingo! Two minutes later Todd’s a lingerie sales executive.
    Why oh why do I still watch it?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

That has got to be a Coronation Street speed record, Eileen tells Todd to go out and get a job, he barely makes it off his front doorstep and he lands a job in sales, is liaising with clients on their orders before lunchtime. He even gets the opportunity to clear the air with his previous employer in the same day.

When she's not in bite-your-head-off mode, the default for recent months, Leanne can be really cute. Tracey too.

"I'm gonna make tracks in the world of business and make my teenage son proud of me". Not with that feckin shirt there Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

The Oliver storyline could be good if it wasn't for how annoying Leanne is. If it was another character or actress I might actually be able to feel sorry for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    The Oliver storyline could be good if it wasn't for how annoying Leanne is. If it was another character or actress I might actually be able to feel sorry for them.

It's like when Hope had cancer, I really found it hard to take seriously because Fiz's acting is so bad.

I thought Seb and Alina were an item? What happened there?

Is the funeral guy gay or just very camp and after Eileen or Mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I think the funeral guy likes Eileen but, because Mary works in the florists, wants to have a business relationship with her. He is very camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Alice1 wrote: »
    I think the funeral guy likes Eileen but, because Mary works in the florists, wants to have a business relationship with her. He is very camp.

He was certainly “Camp” in Benidorm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

All Sean's problems are a lack of money. How has he no money ffs! Does he get paid less than anyone else in the factory?? He also has the bar job. I don't enjoy watching his scenes. See the wee lad playing the game console with him? Sean wasn't even looking at the same screen.
    Paul left the pub slightly tipsy and by the time he crossed the road be was getting his kit off. Why didn't Billy shove him out the door instead of standing with his hands over his face. Were we supposed to be amused?
    Leanne is a great actress. Her eyes go on opposite directions when she's upset but it's really hard to watch. Fcuk she's so unreasonable and mean! Poor Nick. I actually think my whole family and all my loved ones would be leaving me to it if I was in her shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Hard to believe Simon is the father of a 2 year old kid in real life.

• Advertisement

Like Leanne we would all fight tooth and nail for our kids or family, it's a hard storyline to watch knowing the outcome

I don't understand why Alina was brought back if not for Seb

Advertisement