Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir KN group not bothered to find ducting

• 04-01-2020 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So had kn group out yesterday to install fibre optic they found the phone line in the house they found the phone line in the manhole just outside the house along the road but didn't really try very hard to find the ducting they advised it was our problem to sort and when we found it by digging a trench to get back on to them. What are my options

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

So had kn group out yesterday to install fibre optic they found the phone line in the house they found the phone line in the manhole just outside the house along the road but didn't really try very hard to find the ducting they advised it was our problem to sort and when we found it by digging a trench to get back on to them. What are my options

Call your ISP and advise ducting issue is resolved and they'll book a new install date.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

Did you find it? Not much point in rebooking the install if you are going to be told the same thing again.

murrak123 wrote: »
    Did you find it? Not much point in rebooking the install if you are going to be told the same thing again.

in his OP he said he found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭murrak123

limnam wrote: »
    in his OP he said he found it.
    Nothing about him finding it yet in their op.... Just the fact they was advised to find it and get back in touch

murrak123 wrote: »
    Nothing about him finding it yet in their op.... Just the fact they was advised to find it and get back in touch

ugh

I read it wrong sorry I thought "when we found it" was it had been found.

my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Find the ducting and arrange a new installation. The companies aren't going to go digging up your garden you have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I know it doesn't help the OP. But, for balance, I had a ducting issue too but KN were very helpful and solved the issue. The ducting was blocked and required civil work. They quoted €100 for same. I could have sorted it myself but I was happy to pay their quoted fee. It could be paid over 12 MTHS via my ISP.

KaneToad wrote: »
    I know it doesn't help the OP. But, for balance, I had a ducting issue too but KN were very helpful and solved the issue. The ducting was blocked and required civil work. They quoted €100 for same. I could have sorted it myself but I was happy to pay their quoted fee. It could be paid over 12 MTHS via my ISP.

AFAIK they only offer this for specific ISP's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

limnam wrote: »
    AFAIK they only offer this for specific ISP's

Which ones offer this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭whippet

What ISPs do they offer this for.

I have had them out 4 times via Eir and still have no fibre

Initially they couldn’t find where it came in to the house .. but when we had some building work we managed to find it.

They came back out .. one lad had a tug at the wire in the wall and said ‘That’s fine but I don’t have the tools’

Another lad came out did something at the man hole for about two minutes and said that the duct was blocked and drove off !!

The last fella came out and did the very same as the first fella .. tug at the cable and said he couldn’t do anything and refused to elaborate

We spoke to eir and they said we would have to find the block ourselves ... not an easy job as the driveway is about 20m in length and we would only be guessing which way it runs and digging it up isn’t an easy job !!

• Advertisement

digiman wrote: »
    Which ones offer this?

Nothing Official I know of but I believe it's EIR and vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I had the exact same issue, the ducting was blocked so up to me to get it sorted so process stopped.
    A Vodafone rep called to the house he informed me that they had a closer relationship with KN.
    Sure enough KN called again this time installed a pile to take the wire overhead to the house.
    Vodafone definitely seem to have more clout with KN.
    This was last year, just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mightymunster1

So I've bought ducting and kn are coming again on Wednesday I expect the same thing for them to say they can't find it , it's in the manhole just outside my house so I've the ducting so they literally run it straight to my home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So I've bought ducting and kn are coming again on Wednesday I expect the same thing for them to say they can't find it , it's in the manhole just outside my house so I've the ducting so they literally run it straight to my home

As in you bought the tube but just have it, not buried? That's not going to fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

joe40 wrote: »
    I had the exact same issue, the ducting was blocked so up to me to get it sorted so process stopped.
    A Vodafone rep called to the house he informed me that they had a closer relationship with KN.
    Sure enough KN called again this time installed a pile to take the wire overhead to the house.

I was an Eir customer when KN sorted my ducting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

joe40 wrote: »

Vodafone rep talking sh1te as usual.
    KN will also install a pole on behalf of Eir as an alternative to a blocked duct but a couple of things can come into play. If the run is too long and multiple pole are needed, a pole isn't practical or as is usually the case, the customer doesn't want a pole and insists on using the duct.
    Of course there's also the chance that the KN engineer doesn't feel like doing it.:D

Advertisement