Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headspace meditation app - worth paying for?

Options
  • 04-01-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I'm currently availing of the Headspace free trial.

Does anyone pay for a subscription and is it worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Would the free trial have been worth paying for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I have annual subscription and use it for the sleep apps.
    Sometimes I have trouble sleeping and they have night time SOS which is a breathing relaxation exercise. I also use the sleepcasts which are basically boring stories of 45 minutes duration, idea is they are so boring they send you to sleep.
    I think it's expensive but I only use about 15% of the content available.
    In saying that a good night's sleep is priceless to me so when it works its well worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I see no consumer issue here

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ATC110

I see no consumer issue here

Headspace is a paid-for service and there are many payment issues as listed on Trustpilot.
    You'd be well advised to learn the definition of a consumer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

ATC110 wrote: »

I signed up for a year last xmas, used it for a few weeks but the novelty wore off quickly! If you get good use out of it now then grand but it wasn't for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I see over on bargain alerts that there are posters looking for others to join their "family" account. Might be worth looking at if you are still looking to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I think if you add this to your spotify subscription you get a discount. Not sure if they still do this but I saw it before.

I've paid for headspace before and it's good, but it depends how often you meditate really. If you will use it I think it's worth it, if like me you can go months without meditating then it ends up getting wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

I use insight timer , it’s free and voices are more soothing I find.. option to pay for upgraded guided meditation if you require it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I have annual subscription and use it for the sleep apps.
    Sometimes I have trouble sleeping and they have night time SOS which is a breathing relaxation exercise. I also use the sleepcasts which are basically boring stories of 45 minutes duration, idea is they are so boring they send you to sleep.
    I think it's expensive but I only use about 15% of the content available.
    In saying that a good night's sleep is priceless to me so when it works its well worth the price.
    Here's a playlist of sleep music for extra help. Play it down nice and low:
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7fnqHTON3fSiYHKCW7xZUk?si=_88jIq0MQDq62_XzczjD5g

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Insight Timer has thousands of free meditations and it's a really great app. I use it for sleep/breathing meditations but there are loads of categories. I find the filters great as well (you can filter by male/female voice, religious/non-religious, music/no music, length of meditation, etc).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Headspace is a paid-for service and there are many payment issues as listed on Trustpilot.
    You'd be well advised to learn the definition of a consumer issue.

None of which you've stated you experienced in your opening post. So what's your consumer issue?

This is a consumer issues forum, not a "what's your experience with xyz company?" forum.

Advertisement