Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drainage for my garden

Options
  • 04-01-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a garden at the back of my house that is all year round wet. If it rains at all the water goes no where. It will not drain away. I have a big garden shed at the end of the garden with about 3 feet of space each side of it and no space at back of shed. There is nothing outside across the fence the end of garden just empty ground. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

You'll need to add drainage by digging a system of trenches down into the subsoil and filling with stones, or commercially available perforated field drainage pipe, covered over with stones. The trenches should drain into one main trench.
    If the empty ground at the back is lower, arrange the fall in the trenches so as to drain outwards in that direction, otherwise you will have to make arrangements for the water to drain into the rainwater drainage system associated with your house.
    If you have suitable access, a mini digger hired for a day would make this a less backbreaking job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is your garden the lowest point around?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

Is there any difference between yellow and black land drainage pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

caddy16 wrote: »
    Is there any difference between yellow and black land drainage pipe?

Not that I'm aware off. black is more available nowadays it seems. personally i think the black is better quailty.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

ruwithme wrote: »
    Not that I'm aware off. black is more available nowadays it seems. personally i think the black is better quailty.
    Thanks, that's what I thought.

• Advertisement
Advertisement