Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Killian Byrne is one. He got into the running and got his family in on it too. He write a column for the Irish Runner magazine.
    Also David Cryan, I think he got involved in parkrun.

I don't think it's the type of reality show where you would make money after with a sponsorship deal, nor are the participants the type looking for fame. I think the vast majority of participants have faded into the background after.

I don't think Killian is a great advertisement despite what his twitter would have you belive.
    His strava is comical, an example of not practicing what he preaches.
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/2892610
    Struggles to run a couple of miles and still obese.

Gregg Starr is another, still well overweight.

And they are the ones who courted the media claiming to be advocates for the new lifestyle they embraced.
    I'd hate to see some of the others...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't think Killian is a great advertisement despite what his twitter would have you belive.
    His strava is comical, an example of not practicing what he preaches.
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/2892610
    Struggles to run a couple of miles and still obese.

Hahaha.. and he reviews running shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I don't think it's the type of reality show where you would make money after with a sponsorship deal, nor are the participants the type looking for fame. I think the vast majority of participants have faded into the background after.
    It's not really a reality show. It's more of a health/fitness/makeover programme. It's only in the reality TV forum because we don't have a forum for lifestyle programming. Love Island, Ex on the Beach etc would be reality shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

mloc123 wrote: »
    Hahaha.. and he reviews running shoes?

Oh yes, I forgot to add that.
    Irish Runner magazine and Elverys are sending this gangster running shoes and equipment every month to "review".
    Hence the couple of miles here and there just so if anyone shows up at the door the shoes don't look like they were just taken out of the box. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

SHane has a massive house and he's only 29. Thought teachers were on ****e money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How many of the kids are Shane's?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

SHane has a massive house and he's only 29. Thought teachers were on ****e money?

Sure you can still by a mansion in the sticks for peanuts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

l love Lorraine’s house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Lorraine's child is like Damien from the Omen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Eddie is the only impressive mentor there. The others are all useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, will ya just weigh d fook in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I will never forget some years ago, seeing Eddie in the local Tesco with a young child, who was having an unmerciful temper tantrum.
    I'm talking screeching here.

Eddie was as cool as a breeze. And it soon stopped.
    Fair play.

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, will ya just weigh d fook in!!!

I find the backstory far more interesting than the weigh in.

Like seeing Shane's father last week.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I find the backstory far more interesting than the weigh in.

Like seeing Shane's father last week.

Agreed, but by jaysus do they milk it...

I can’t stand all the additional sh1te they do with walks and communities and schools......so boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

They all have deeper issues...the extra weight is only what we see on the surface. Most of them need a lot more help than this program can offer

harr wrote: »
    They all have deeper issues...the extra weight is only what we see on the surface. Most of them need a lot more help than this program can offer

I disagree. I think it’s hammed up. Contrived nonsense!

The whole world these days is suffering the blues!!

walshb wrote: »
    Agreed, but by jaysus do they milk it...

I can’t stand all the additional sh1te they do with walks and communities and schools......so boring!

Yeah that stuff is fill in alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

harr wrote: »

That's what I was thinking too. That woman (who seems very nice) has a bit of weight to lose alright but it seems she has other issues that need addressing first and foremost. I suppose that's what they screen potential candidates for, just to ramp up the drama and emotion.

Lorraine's running lacked any intensity in the clips shown. Like a 70 year old rather than someone in their 40s.

Why is that PT dude wearing shorts inside the studio. Is it so that we all know he's a PT?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Tying your laces properly.

The license fee.

Ffs.

Why is that PT dude wearing shorts inside the studio. Is it so that we all know he's a PT?

He's a Muppet!

Does anybody do those ad break challenges?

Tying your laces properly.

The license fee.

Ffs.

Well it wasn't what way they were tied but how you go about it. And I found it an interesting gauge for muscle loss/lack of balance.

Same with how you sit down last week.

It's easy make a one liner about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This show is ****ing painful at this stage. It is soooooooo drawn out. 40 minutes of ****ing filler and excuses and crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Ah FFS
    She had 3 glasses of prosecco.
    She lost 3lbs.

Shut up and let her be, you dopey shpiders.

Eddies having a great night, he’s dead right

That blondie one is clueless!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

When you're trying to lose weight, do something that's sustainable longterm, that includes heading out. The girl lost weight and had a few drinks, where's the problem? Ridiculous stuff from those 'experts'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

For **** sake she had a cheat night and still lost weight and they are giving out. If you don’t have a cheat meal every few weeks you will very quickly fall off the wagon .. Eddie is spot on with this she needed a nights break. She didn’t exactly go mad and did extra work to compensate.
    I would at this stage question how good or knowledgeable that nutritionist is ..

Advertisement