Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

It's a show with proven history of getting people up and exercising who possibly wouldn't have done so otherwise. It's harmless TV so I just don't see why it's such an issue for people on this thread.

Have you seen the former contestants? The few they do show are still overweight 1-2 years on. As for getting people out walking, the most of them just want to get their mugs on television, when the cameras go so do the crowds of walkers.

Casey78 wrote: »
    Its typical of Ireland as a whole imo. We are a nation of begrudgers and whingers. The majority of people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

Why would you begrudge an overweight person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Who won?

I think that’s the difference with OT and other shows like it, the Fattest Looser, there isn’t a winner just that they took time to loose some weight.

TBH they should change the format slightly and bring more science into it about weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Have you seen the former contestants? The few they do show are still overweight 1-2 years on. As for getting people out walking, the most of them just want to get their mugs on television, when the cameras go so do the crowds of walkers.

You're wrong actually.

I run a lot, and parkrun ever Saturday morning (parkrun.ie).

Parkrun grows every year when OT starts, and although we don't keep all the participants a sizable amount continue to run and help parkrun grow.

OP has been ugly positive in a lot of peoples lives, and I'm a witness to this year after year.

If you're not out there doing it, don't point and ridicule the one's who are.

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote: »
    I think that’s the difference with OT and other shows like it, the Fattest Looser, there isn’t a winner just that they took time to loose some weight.

TBH they should change the format slightly and bring more science into it about weight.

But how will they fit in the sob stories then as their excuse for getting fat?

You're wrong actually.

I run a lot, and parkrun ever Saturday morning (parkrun.ie).

Parkrun grows every year when OT starts, and although we don't keep all the participants a sizable amount continue to run and help parkrun grow.

OP has been ugly positive in a lot of peoples lives, and I'm a witness to this year after year.

If you're not out there doing it, don't point and ridicule the one's who are.

I’m too busy with work to be that leisurely, I was about 3 stone overweight in 2010 and lost it and kept it off through self motivation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I’m too busy with work to be that leisurely, I was about 3 stone overweight in 2010 and lost it and kept it off through self motivation.

I used to be that person who was always too busy with work to do other things. Thankfully I copped on to myself before it was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rte obviously listened to the back lash against the covid nation spin off....just saw advert and it is now called keeping well apart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

gmisk wrote: »
    Rte obviously listened to the back lash against the covid nation spin off....just saw advert and it is now called keeping well apart

What was it called before? Any promo I've seen has it called Keeping well apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

prunudo wrote: »
    What was it called before? Any promo I've seen has it called Keeping well apart.

Operation covid nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

neonsofa wrote: »
    Operation covid nation.

What were they thinking! Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Azatadine

neonsofa wrote: »
    Operation covid nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Azatadine wrote: »

Just renamed operation transformation keeping our distance, still going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought it was starting tonight but it doesnt seem to be on the Sky EPG. Definitely saw a few ads for it and thought I heard Wednesday 8.30pm. Its not listed for tomorrow night either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I thought it was starting tonight but it doesnt seem to be on the Sky EPG. Definitely saw a few ads for it and thought I heard Wednesday 8.30pm. Its not listed for tomorrow night either.

It's on after the news. The usual timeslot on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Muahahaha wrote: »

RTÉ 1 935 tonight on my sky

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah right, had sworn it was 8.30 but 9.35 it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Thats some depressing drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

A good news story.
    It is seldom we've had an update on any of the previous OT participants.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/6175253/rte-operation-transformations-shane-farrell-school-weight-loss/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A good news story.
    It is seldom we've had an update on any of the previous OT participants.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/6175253/rte-operation-transformations-shane-farrell-school-weight-loss/
    Great to see and I hope his surgery is successful, seems to be a lovely fellow. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Delighted to see that update.
    Well done to him, and I hope that he will have successful surgery in due course.

Advertisement