Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Nvidia Geforce PCs on Overlockers... Can't decide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think you should self build. I cannot see what MB or PSU they are using. If you choose the Ryzen build then upgrade to the 3700X for small money and it is a much better CPU. Minus the operating system as you can install that yourself save over £100 and minus the anti-virus small saving plus minus bloatware installed on comp. One good thing about the Ryzen build is the RAM, 3600MHz with really tight timings for that speed, CL16.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think you should self build. I cannot see what MB or PSU they are using. If you choose the Ryzen build then upgrade to the 3700X for small money and it is a much better CPU. Minus the operating system as you can install that yourself save over £100 and minus the anti-virus small saving plus minus bloatware installed on comp. One good thing about the Ryzen build is the RAM, 3600MHz with really tight timings for that speed, CL16.

You can see the MB & PSU if you click on configure

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot see them listed under configure but I see the MB listed alright if I scroll further down the page. I still think a self build would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Before Kiki comes with pcpartpicker list, I can say the same as wotzgoingon. Selfbuild will give You better value, just quick go thru uk.pcpartpicker with decent case and almost the same parts: 1100£ and I wasnt picking the best value/performance parts. For example Psu, 1000w? What for? The 550/650w is enough and hits the sweat spot of psu efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

The Ryzen one is much better if you upgrade to the 3700X for £30 extra and it's a very good PC. You can also not include windows for £110 of a reduction and install it yourself for free, works forever without activation these days. It seems pretty good value in general to be fair.

The Intel one is bad value don't buy that one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement