Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement tap cartridges

• 04-01-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Looking to replace the cartridges in our kitchen sink taps. I measured and ordered these off Amazon and they are the right dimensions but not enough teeth on the spline. The ones I ordered are 20 teeth. Hard to count but I guess 28 on my existing taps.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07M69KB93?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Where could I bring the old one in
    Woodies or b and q stock them?

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Go to a good quality plumbing trade counter. You should get a better selection there. Bring your tap head in with you & try it on the spindle before you buy it.

Many will have the spindles with new chrome heads, if that takes your fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

Amy suggestions for North county Dublin or around City West?
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Go to a good quality plumbing trade counter. You should get a better selection there. Bring your tap head in with you & try it on the spindle before you buy it.

Many will have the spindles with new chrome heads, if that takes your fancy.

Davies in Harmonstown Dublin 5 is probably the biggest plumbing trade counter on the Northside of Dublin. If that's to far out of the way try Chadwicks or heat merchants. Plenty of branches

I'm on phone so can't link but just did a amazon search for 28 spine quarter turn spindle and they are listed. Not cheap though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm on phone so can't link but just did a amazon search for 28 spine quarter turn spindle and they are listed. Not cheap though

Think I'll hit a plumbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 BaronyOfIda

Be careful sourcing "universal" spindles from plumbers merchants to save money - there's no such thing! Try to identify the manufacturer, brand, model, year of manufacture of both the tap and the spindle if possible - some are stamped with the manufacturers initials. Most branded taps, including brands that make sinks, don't actually manufacturer taps. So even where you know the tap brand from the original box or it's stamped on the base of the tap, the original manufacturer might stamp the spindle inside.

Advertisement