Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: SAW - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Gotta say if there's a high posting wolf I'd like Nigel for it as well tbh.

Lots of substance, not much output bar hammering Derry for hours.

Kinda like his character tbf :pac:

It's the "in character" stuff and my gut feeling. Course I could be wrong. None of us have much of a clue right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Hmmm. Need time to digest today. Was excited about my prize theory but Sort of feel like the 3 SK team sort of throws a spanner in the works.

The more I think about it, a lone SK is better off staying away from games and tasks until he sees how it might turn out for him. This looks good for Derry and probably Vernon to a degree.

Again, I keep getting mixed up but does anybody have a theory on what exactly happened to Vernon? Like do Sks maybe get a choice each day to “play a game” with a selected villager who might also be connected to somebody else?

Also Holly I’ve voted for you cause I want you to speak up. I’m not sure if I have time to come up with anything better between now and 9 cause I’m going to do my workout soon and had spent most the day on my prize theory.

Abigail WW wrote: »
    **** it anyway, anyone care to summarise all of today's posting?

Time to start my read through :(

No. I missed lots of posts. No special treatment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'm sticking with Abigail for the lynch, more confident there than I am on Derry (based on the mod posts) or Vernon at the moment.

Emily and Angus would complete my FFA as I think they're doing the bare minimum and staying mostly under the radar

#FFA1

Abigail - wolfy post last night, has ghosted since
    Angus - lied about voting, tried to win a prize
    Emily - gut feeling that they're posting for the sake of it rather than because they want to find the evils

Genie much? :pac:

source.gif

Aye. Abigail right on time alright.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Gotta say if there's a high posting wolf I'd like Nigel for it as well tbh.

Lots of substance, not much output bar hammering Derry for hours.

Kinda like his character tbf :pac:
    Steve WW wrote: »
    It's the "in character" stuff and my gut feeling. Course I could be wrong. None of us have much of a clue right now.

Got to laugh when Nigel's post count still beats me after all the open door posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    And just WHY would you give deliberate wrong answers to the questions instead of at least a moderate chance of a correct answer?

I wanted you to have less guesses, 10 was far too many!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Because im #1 on their ffa and they have nothing on me, its smear smear smear of me. I know i am good and they are smearing me, so either they are wolf or they are a hinderance. Flupping them is win win in my eyes!

I didn't like Senan last night and already dont like him on my read back, shenanigans around the code sequence guesses is wolfy as ****

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Only one way for the Champ Champ to find out.

giphy.gif

**** me this guy is annoying

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I wanted you to have less guesses, 10 was far too many!

Just lynch this fecker and be done with it.

FYI there were 24 possible permutations of those 4 numbers

• Advertisement

Right. I was too quick to shine a light on Senan. Unless he is a high playing wolf which is unlikely at this stage, then I believe he is a good one. It's not at all wolfie to be making themselves so known.

Ah right the TWTBAW train of thought, sound yeah! Steve pings the radar for the first time

Derry WW wrote: »
    Got to laugh when Nigel's post count still beats me after all the open door posts

His post count may be higher but this is what I think:

The doors are a red herring
    People assuming you are bad because of how you interpreted and acted was a waste of time
    People assuming Senan is bad because of how they handled the guessing is a waste of time.

The serial killers are among us and at least one is playing at a steady pace throwing out little bits of this or that while the rest of you are ripping each other to shreds.

You were never in any danger! Vernon had you covered.

Senan replying to Derry, eh yeah he was in danger, village had 10 chance out of 24 possibilities to get it right, you reduced that number to 8, 1 in 3, so he wasn't covered at all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

To whoever suggested it, I didnt vanish I fell asleep on desk drove home to have dinner and will be back in a while after I finish

Ah right the TWTBAW train of thought, sound yeah! Steve pings the radar for the first time

Is it possible that you are only making this comment due to my only two posts to you being somewhat negative? For the record I don't believe you are a SK.

His post count may be higher but this is what I think:

The doors are a red herring
    People assuming you are bad because of how you interpreted and acted was a waste of time
    People assuming Senan is bad because of how they handled the guessing is a waste of time.

The serial killers are among us and at least one is playing at a steady pace throwing out little bits of this or that while the rest of you are ripping each other to shreds.

Based on the announcements since gotta say I agree with this line of thought

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Thanks, was getting worried you were avoiding me

tenor.gif

Seriously though, I agree on Angus but was wondering if you had anything else other than the vote

No problem, I didn't see your earlier post. Work 12 hour shifts so have to speed read when I can.

There was nothing else particularly on Angus other than the vote.
    He backtracked quickly on it and it made me wonder. It seemed a pointless lie to be honest and lies like that are more often than not a baddie.

Senan had also tingled my senses with his code guessing and no proper explanation of it. His reveal about sharing a room with Macauley has me wondering a bit though. How likely would it be for two goodies to share a room versus a baddie and a good. I don't know. I want to watch that one a little as things develop, his reveal gives me a village lean at the moment but that's subject to any developments with Macauley.

I am staying clear of the Vernon and Derry situation at the moment as a certain amount of what I feel about them will change as things develop with Vernon's trap and with Derry's prize perhaps.

Jake and his negotiator piece is a bit baffling to me though and he seemed really certain about it which makes me suspicious as to how he could be so certain. His engagement with Katie and then Katie dying also tingles the senses.

Finally, a few players pop in this evening after the mods confirmed the win cons. It seemed convenient timing to me, but I want to see them post more first.

Frank and Emily in particular.
    but I think Wendy also - need to check that.

So my #FFA at present is:
    Angus
    Jake
    Frank/Emily/Wendy

Something else which I find 'interesting' is the
    "Oh I fell asleep"
    "No time tonight because of....
    "Was minding the kids earlier"

All that kind of real life reasons coming in to peoples posts. Nobody cares.

Anyways, at the moment I'm voting Abigail.

Popped up with an exceptionally wolfy comment last night and has vanished since.

Which one was that?

Frank WW wrote: »
    I'm one of them lol.

I came home from work early sick and I'm minding the kids ever since so not getting much chance to post. But I've skimmed most of the thread. Currently voting derry for opening all the rooms pending his reveal

This one flags, reading back and theres an odd post or two that Frank has thanked but not posted within an hour or the post, pockety thanks and then explains his inactivity in this post! Hope your feeling better Franky :/

• Advertisement

Which one was that?

Glad you asked :)

This one right here.

Few bogeys raring their heads, character might not be indicative of alignment but people openly giving character names doesn't sit well with me.

Feels like you're shading people without actually naming them which I attribute to wolves.

Wolves need to act like villagers so push theories by 'shading'.

I just didn't like it if I'm honest.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Updated Win Conditions Part 2

We have had 3 kills. Confusion and paranoia is well and truly set in......

For the baddies to win they have to ensure the other evil sides are dead and gain parity of the numbers to win with the village.

Yes! There is more than 2 evil teams.

We have 3 Serial Killers are roaming the warehouse.

There will be no further updates.

Ah FFS

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

The Shade around the negotiator comment could be much more plausible now. It seemed like such a strange comment to come out with. I’ve never seen a negotiator in any game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

vernan gets trapped and will die if his connected player dies, and is told not to reveal who he is connected to

then lots of talk about voting patters caused vernon to be trapped. i wouldnt think thats the case. more likely someone selected him, or maybe a random pick from the mods? and talk of vernon being a wolf, or being linked to a wolf. could be a wolf trying to trap a roled villager, or vice cersa.

isla is killed by another player. isla is good - bobby brown (?). doris posts isla's 6 posta. nothing there as far as i'm comcerned

derrry volunteers to enter the game. vernan helps out with combinations while senan throws out a few incrrect guesses, to keep it interesting - did senan ever give an actual reason for his guesses?. yes: a smear campaign cos derry had senan on his FFA. conor doesnt want anyone else to answer as derry volunteered. derry and vernon win prizes.

vernon won 24 hour protect - 'I have the choice to protect one player, including myself.
    It doesnt cover the person I'm tied to being killed. So I had a choice between protecting them or myself'

derry doesnt disclose his prize

bit of back and forth as to why senan gave incorrect answers. is he bad, is derry bad, etc?

Patrik dies. ryan tubridy - good

too much talk of doors been opended. there are 30, with 21 players
    @derry: did you ever get anywhere with the below:

'Think we need to set a time for each door request though and wait a fair amount of time because I'm not convinced that us asking to open a door is correlating with the response.

It is possible that we have the equivilent of a vigilante or two and they are the ones pushing people through doors.' Yes, door timings domt make sense per post 460.

mod confrims more than 1 evil team and updates win conditions. post 487. 2 wolf teams, 1 wolf team + SK? what do game mechanics suggest for the most likely for the peeps in the know?

katie dies - r kelly - good

derry's had enough and opens all the doors. i lol!

derry discloses his prize as a protect. 'My protection expires and i can be lynched tonight, just that neither bad guys, vigilantes or traps can kill me today' post 635

2 deaths after the prizes were given

3 SK revealed by mods - post 642. any wolf team?

senan reveals as spacey sharing a backrrom with caulkin. doesnt know caulkin's alignemnt.

think nigel might be mc gregor

that takes me upto my post 710. bit of a speed read there. some questions though which is never a bad thing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

get it done. we can compare notes!

Genie much? :pac:

source.gif

Frank again liking a post but no comment

Conor, you've mentioned me a couple of times today so if I had of posted anytime between 1 and now, you could have called me a genie so eh yeah I dont really give a ****

Glad you asked :)

This one right here.

Feels like you're shading people without actually naming them which I attribute to wolves.

Wolves need to act like villagers so push theories by 'shading'.

I just didn't like it if I'm honest.

I thought I replied to this last night and you thanked it and didn't make an issue of it then, only when I went off the radar.

Anyway, new job and only started today so posting during work hours will be non existent.

I thought I replied to this last night and you thanked it and didn't make an issue of it then, only when I went off the radar.

Anyway, new job and only started today so posting during work hours will be non existent.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/112172066

This post Conor, you thanked it straight away and then didn't make an issue of it again until today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

**** me this guy is annoying

You will address the King with appropriate reverence.

Unlike you, Halley's Comet, the Champ Champ has been here all along. I stay in shape. Ready to go, any time, any place.

Conor-McGregor-1027591.jpg?r=1538834548069

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    get it done. we can compare notes!

I'm done

Frank
    Steve
    Senan
    Conor

I'll be voting in here I reckon unless you can point out something I might have missed.

Advertisement