Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: SAW - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Derry WW wrote: »
    The question related to a WW game?
    Because In Jurrasic Park:The Game by Telltale Games there's only one island, I was still googling wrong but the question would have been misleading anyway

It was our JP werewolf game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It was our JP werewolf game

I would never have got it, I was straight to Jurassic park and world games, wouldn't have mattered anyway because I went Jurassic World not park for the answer I was helping with

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ok I'm taking some time out. Be back around 5.

Steve and Orla take your crazy pills and READ THE THREAD instead of running around with your heads up your asses

er RUDE

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I was recalling back to the game earlier when QB sweeped up as SK. I would not surprise me. but not sure

Orla who are you referring to? QB? Is this a previous game?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

er RUDE

Well then read the thread this has been discussed already

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Sorry, just back.

I said similar this morning, an SK could claim to be a vig, their powers are identical, it would stop us from voting them out.

Reasons I think this is not the case
    - the flavour was different for the kill that Conor is claiming, so this is self resolving - SK kills are marked by "killed by another player" - Conor's was someone used a gun with a silencer. So if Conor doesn't get another bullet tomorrow then we lynch him
    - Conor was under no threat this morning when he made the claim - its not like he was about to be lynched and came up with a story. His reveal was calm and contained facts, not wishy, washy stuff

I'd believe Conor

I'm doing a summary of the deaths now - I shall post soon. I agree the flavour is different. What I don't like is Conor has become quite antagonised this afternoon. I also don't love the answer "when beaker wants to give me a bullet I get one". I know Conor can't control what beaker does but that does seem odd.

I'm 60/40 here. I still believe Conor is good

Steve WW wrote: »
    Orla who are you referring to? QB? Is this a previous game?

basically a SK was village cleared and played a blinder of a village game to win!

I'm doing a summary of the deaths now - I shall post soon. I agree the flavour is different. What I don't like is Conor has become quite antagonised this afternoon. I also don't love the answer "when beaker wants to give me a bullet I get one". I know Conor can't control what beaker does but that does seem odd.

I'm 60/40 here. I still believe Conor is good

I'm annoyed because everyone has just stopped playing WW and is waiting around for the games or for some magical fairies to pull a peek out of their arses.

People need to keep hunting, keep solving instead of holding hands and saving people of unknown alignments from their fate.

Kum by yah can come when we win the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

basically a SK was village cleared and played a blinder of a village game to win!

Ok I wouldn't have known that. Little knowledge of previous games.

I'm annoyed because everyone has just stopped playing WW and is waiting around for the games or for some magical fairies to pull a peek out of their arses.

People need to keep hunting, keep solving instead of holding hands and saving people of unknown alignments from their fate.

Tetchy, you want mass killing I and most prefer one or two at a time. Gives time to stretch our minds and maybe kick over a hint we missed earlier.

• Advertisement

guilty order when how trap game
     1.Steve D2
    2. Phil 5 d1 MOD KILL
    3. Nigel 6 d2 game trap trap game d2
    4. Senan 4 d1 LYNCH
    5. Jake 11 d3 trap game trap game d3
    6. Lucy
    7. Angus 7 d2  He was not alone however as another player came from behind and shot him in the skull using a silenced gun.
    8. Conor
    9. Abigail
    10. Holly 10 d2  But as she slumbered, a killer appeared. The killer crept into the room silently and slit Hollys throat as she snoozed.
    11. Patrick 2 d`1 Another player has trapped him.
    12. Wendy
    13. Derry
    14. Vernon trap game d1
    15. Orla
    16. Barbara 8 d2 the other person in the room sneaks up behind her and stabs her in the back. Before she can even react, the killer grabs her head and tosses her straight into the wood chipper.
    17. Emily
    18. Isla 1 d1  as she does she is swung around by another player and has her throat slit.
    19. Frank 9 d2 LYNCH
    20. Doris
    21. Katie 3 d1 She recognised the attacker as a player in the game 

Well can you quit taking it out on me please.

What are you doing?

What would you like me to do?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Re Conor the vig. If he wins the mini game tomorrow do people think he would win a bullet? That's one way to know pretty certainly me thinks. Could also be a vig that got only 1 bullet.

Conor, do you think you can earn more bullets?

Did anyone do any digging into the quiet girlies?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Re Conor the vig. If he wins the mini game tomorrow do people think he would win a bullet? That's one way to know pretty certainly me thinks. Could also be a vig that got only 1 bullet.

Well thats not how he won the bullet D1

I'd be wary of having him play tomorrow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Well thats not how he won the bullet D1

I'd be wary of having him play tomorrow

If not won, he earned it somehow or spawned with it. Wait for the man himself I suppose

If not won, he earned it somehow or spawned with it. Wait for the man himself I suppose

Well he said he was given it, fair enough as hes the vig!

guilty Orla ramble
     1.Steve new player? I think good
    6. Lucy
    8. Conor good, go check his reveal from this AM
    9. Abigail who? Mentioned three SK before others, go check if that is true
    12. Wendy quiet girlie number 2
    13. Derry picky pocket, but you should actually go ISO the **** out of him
    14. Vernon flagged as good but you wavered yesterday, I think a few people are also suss on him
    15. Orla crycry face
    17. Emily Did Conor face say that she has a role too? This role thing I think it's fibs who else has one? GO check his reveal
    20. Doris Conor thinks suss, quiet girlie number 3

This is my wolf hunting plan for the next hour.

I was provided it night 1. No time limit, just if I gave a name after 1pm they would be shot.

Angus was shot after 1pm as I had it preloaded due to my theory on there being a baddie voting Senan

• Advertisement

Emily claimed vote tamperer Orla

Said she moved Senans vote night 1 and Holly's night 2

Holly was killed before she could respond.

I'd leave Emily tonight to her own devices.

The person whose vote is moved needs to come out immediately and say its been done and we can verify it's a power.

Problem I have with Emily's role is that it seems kind of sneaky like an SK.

I could easily see an SK having that power.

I have a feeling I'm next to die when my protection expires tonight so I'll have stuff prepared to post at the lynch

@Derry

Have a think about this

You've accused me of prize grabbing, you claimed I jumped in to grab a prize and that saving you was secondary to that
    But you were there, you know we didnt know at that stage that I would get a prize. Jigsaw's post specifically said you would get a prize if you got it correct.
    You could maybe say I guessed I'd get a prize but thats a stretch

Now imagine I am an SK. You are in that trap going to die if you don't get the right answer. Senan is firing off wrong answers to beat the band, hes already reduced your odds by 20%. What possible incentive would I have to jump in?
    The off chance that I might get a prize that hasnt been mentioned?

Weight that off against what I would gain as an SK - let Senan continue away. When I jumped in you had a 66% chance of being killed. Of course I'd let you die and then it was a simple jump to say well Senan wanted him killed, easy lynch target.

There was no benefit to me helping you.

Have a good think about that

Derry WW wrote: »
    Now seeing as we lost Angus to a vigilante shot, anyone got an explanation for 3 SKs but only 1 SK kill yesterday?

Derry, did you dig deeper into this?

this is what I have?

guilty order when how trap game
    3. Nigel 6 d2 game trap trap game d2
    7. Angus 7 d2  He was not alone however as another player came from behind and shot him in the skull using a silenced gun.
    10. Holly 10 d2  But as she slumbered, a killer appeared. The killer crept into the room silently and slit Hollys throat as she snoozed.
    16. Barbara 8 d2 the other person in the room sneaks up behind her and stabs her in the back. Before she can even react, the killer grabs her head and tosses her straight into the wood chipper.
    19. Frank 9 d2 LYNCH

Emily claimed vote tamperer Orla

Said she moved Senans vote night 1 and Holly's night 2

Holly was killed before she could respond.

I'd leave Emily tonight to her own devices.

The person whose vote is moved needs to come out immediately and say its been done and we can verify it's a power.

Holly was killed straight after the lynch

I wonder if Emily is also the SK, so moved Hollys vote and then killed her? A stretch too far?

ISO of Emily

Not on a lot before the first lynch and makes an interesting point on that, double bluff?
    Emily WW wrote: »
    If I were a SK I'd be trying to blend in not stand out. I'd also have had to have been online to kill people.

Tuesday outta nowhere mentions power
    Sorry if I've missed it, but have we discussed powers? I have one but it's ****. Surely someone has something useful?

Talk around where there wolves might be hiding
    I reckon the sks are hiding mid way in the post count table. Active enough to not draw suspicion but not too active
    Because people are saying to go after the low posters. I don't think that's the way to go

Urges Steve not to kill, I like this
    Unless you have real good instincts don't use it Steve

Downplays her role, which again looks good when she reveals
    Putting your hopes on my powers to save you would be foolish

Legitimately pulls up Conor on telling about his protection
    Great end to the day.

I'm also curious about why Conor doesn't want to play at 12 tomorrow since he's protected....

Nice move telling the sk that too....

And then a lot of talk about her role

Reading all this I get a very good feeling about Emily. The main point of contention seems to be that she hasn't interacted much, some people are like that. When she has interacted its been very good

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

TOMORROW WILL BE THE LAST DAY OF MY GAMES/TRAPS.

Friday will bring a speed day if the game is still going.

Posting these up so I can look at them together.

Unfortunately we had a lock for lynch yesterday so it was an easy place for evils to vote.

I also caveat this that there isn't any major patterns to be gotten from SK voting so it's all supposition unfortunately.

Lynch votes (in no particular order)

Senan WW (4) : Derry WW, Emily WW, Abigail WW, Angus WW
    Steve WW (2) : Jake WW, Senan WW* (Emily tampered this vote)
    Nigel WW (2) : Vernon WW, Steve WW
    Derry WW (2) : Nigel WW, Wendy WW
    Emily WW (1) : Conor WW
    Jake WW (1) : Orla WW
    Angus WW (1) Barbara WW
    Abigail WW (1) : Frank WW
    Holly WW (1) : Lucy WW
    Barbara WW (1) Doris WW

Look at the two flipped evils above.

Do we think the third would vote in similar fashion, not wanting to draw attention to themselves?

Doris voting Barbara would normally give her some serious cred but in a seemingly no wolf game (and where Babs has been revealed as an SK) it means nothing.

If we think the SK is in single voters then we have four:

Conor - I know I'm good so three,

Orla
    Lucy
    Doris

Wendy's voting stands out from the two days (no analysis really on the below)

Static, refusing to consider other targets.

It has her moving up my list of suspects if I'm honest.

HOWEVER

We have had a lot of deaths and the only time the Senan wagon was touched was when I shot Angus.

It makes me suspicious of the three living still on board.
    Mod Announcement

First matter of Business, here are the lynch votes (sorry about the delay). IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:

Frank WW (9) : Conor WW, Doris WW, Lucy WW, Emily WW, Orla WW, Vernon WW, Derry WW, Jake WW, Steve WW, Abigail WW,

Abigail WW (2) : Holly WW, * Emily tampered this vote Frank WW

Derry WW (1) : Wendy WW

Day 2 to me the biggest stand out I already mentioned and it's Wendy.

Stubborn villager? Perhaps. We need more from Wendy rather than just 'Derry Derry Derry' every day.

Expand your horizons, look into others.

SUMMATION

From the wagon set up it's clear Frank and Babs had the same idea. Stay low, hide in the single wagon voters and not be involved in any controversy. Good SK play, they weren't on any radars. Heck I only peeked Frank so I could trust him, I thought he was good tbh.

I think Day 1 this is where we might have the best chance of finding the SK if I'm honest, following a similar pattern to the other two

Holly was killed straight after the lynch

I wonder if Emily is also the SK, so moved Hollys vote and then killed her? A stretch too far?

Holly was killed this morning after the votes were revealed

• Advertisement

@Derry

Have a think about this

You've accused me of prize grabbing, you claimed I jumped in to grab a prize and that saving you was secondary to that
    But you were there, you know we didnt know at that stage that I would get a prize. Jigsaw's post specifically said you would get a prize if you got it correct.
    You could maybe say I guessed I'd get a prize but thats a stretch

Now imagine I am an SK. You are in that trap going to die if you don't get the right answer. Senan is firing off wrong answers to beat the band, hes already reduced your odds by 20%. What possible incentive would I have to jump in?
    The off chance that I might get a prize that hasnt been mentioned?

Weight that off against what I would gain as an SK - let Senan continue away. When I jumped in you had a 66% chance of being killed. Of course I'd let you die and then it was a simple jump to say well Senan wanted him killed, easy lynch target.

There was no benefit to me helping you.

Have a good think about that

Already had a good think about it, you'd rob the pennies of a dead man's eyes.

There was no hazard to me dying either you were on a no lose gamble, get it right pocket Derry who's ever grateful afterwards, Well maybe if you hadn't shown your true colors when Nigel was in the box, no body pressuring you, no body running guesses off except YOU.

Advertisement