Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUB old routes / destinations?

Options
13»

Comments

SATA briefly operated a route DUB to Ponta Delgada in the Azores. Took elderly mother in the noughties, she loved how unspoilt it was. Would like to see this route back and explore the other islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Our domestic route network has been completely annihilated alright. Guess the ending of PSO was the principle driver.
    Still think a Cork Dublin interval flight should be viable with ATRs?
    You hear so much about the increased emissions from air travel but in some wars there’s been massive cuts to routes and a pattern of centralisation to major airports like DUB and other major hubs in Europe. I think Frankfurt Hahn is nearly dead now? Was majorly busy last time I visited over ten years ago, Ryanair flights galore.

Pity to see WAT decline to nothing too. Was it the M9 that really killed it stone dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

FunkyDa2 wrote: »
    Skiathos was served for a year or two, from Dublin, about 15 years ago I think. It was on my list of Greek island destinations for a holiday, but unfortunately was cancelled before I got a chance to go. :-(
    Yes, there were flights from Cork and Dublin to Skiathos, Santorini and Kefalonia, with Excel (think that's the correct name), we were on the last flight from Santorini to Cork before the airlines collapse in 2009. Fabulous holiday and like you, Skiathos was on our list 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

My first flight was Dublin to Cherbourg ( in a Dakota?) where we rented a car and had a family holiday in Brittany. Enterprising dad to have organised it all in days before package hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Yes I would have thought a nice even twice a day flight from Dublin to Cork would work well with an ATR.

0630 DUB - ORK 0720
    0745 ORK - DUB 0835

The flight ex Dublin would be a direct connection off the first wave of EI flights and would be a great connection from the US. Up to Dublin would be a connection into the US departures and a day trip to Dublin.

Then an evening flight say with a Cork based ATR say:

1730 ORK - DUB 1820
    1850 DUB - ORK 1940

• Advertisement
Advertisement