Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woods/forest in Carlow

Options
  • 05-01-2020 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help me

My friend recently passed away, she used to always visit a woods or forest. I was hoping to find the place she went and go there to spread her ashes.

I have no idea where this place is
    All I know is that it has an area where there is a tyre swing attached to a blue rope hanging from a tree. It's very quiet aswell. She also hung a little bird feeder there too.

She's from Carlow so I'm assuming it's in the Carlow area.

She used to always go there with her dog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Debby20987 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I was hoping someone could help me

My friend recently passed away, she used to always visit a woods or forest. I was hoping to find the place she went and go there to spread her ashes.

I have no idea where this place is
    All I know is that it has an area where there is a tyre swing attached to a blue rope hanging from a tree. It's very quiet aswell. She also hung a little bird feeder there too.

She's from Carlow so I'm assuming it's in the Carlow area.

She used to always go there with her dog

Sorry for your loss OP. It’s most likely Oak Park she went to. It would be a very popular woods for dog walking and is easily accessible from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Not sure it would be Oak park though with a tyre hanging from a tree. That sounds like the one out by castledermot. By any chance did she uae social media and put pics of yue forest area up?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

Hi Debby, sorry for the loss of your friend. I reckon it could be the small woods in behind Burton Hall near Palatine.
    I've seen it spelled Ballynakelly or Ballynakilly woods. It's a privately owned woods but open to the public during the day. Absolutely beautiful spot. There's a blue rope swing in the middle of it.

Here's a link to the woods on theTree Council website.

https://treecouncil.ie/treeregisterofireland/32.htm

Hope you can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

There is the location of a Model Shop - (cars/tractors etc) linked below. The entrance to the wood is past the farmyard up the side of this shop, there is an old gate in front of you. You can park on the public road, there are a small few spaces where you can pull in but be mindful of the farm entrances.

Mad For Models
    BurtonHall Demesne, Burtonhall Demesne, Co. Carlow, R93 WGY3
    087 267 0737
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/4PUGMAHQNJ9z6G3h9

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Hi Debby, sorry for the loss of your friend. I reckon it could be the small woods in behind Burton Hall near Palatine.
    I've seen it spelled Ballynakelly or Ballynakilly woods. It's a privately owned woods but open to the public during the day. Absolutely beautiful spot. There's a blue rope swing in the middle of it.

Here's a link to the woods on theTree Council website.

https://treecouncil.ie/treeregisterofireland/32.htm

Hope you can find it

There a quiet a few woods in the Carlow area. I've seen more than one with tyres hanging from blue ropes as kids put them up in summer. It could be the woods near knockbeg or any other woods. Do you know what area of carlow she. Lived. It could narrow it down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement