Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insureance for 2003 Altezza

• 05-01-2020 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys well just trying to get insureance on my Toyota altezza 2003. Im 20 years old and i have a full clean irish license for nearly 2 years. I have 3 years no claims discount in my own name with axa aswell. I have tried geting insureance in my own name with nearly every company and wnt even quoted me. Put my father on it just to see without me under his name at all with the AA and came in it €1015. Thats was online and wen i put me under his name then wudnt give a quote at all. Before i call on monday just wondering does anyone know any companys that will insure them. Dont mind being a named driver aslong as i get insureance. Everything else on the car expect insurance.
    Thanks for reading this and any help at all guys will be appreciated.
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'll get insurance by contacting the declined cases committee of Insurance Ireland. Just take note of who's refused you and usually the 1st will have to quote you, the quote doesn't have to be reasonable but can't be punitive.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money/insurance/car-insurance/#refused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Del2005 wrote: »
    You'll get insurance by contacting the declined cases committee of Insurance Ireland. Just take note of who's refused you and usually the 1st will have to quote you, the quote doesn't have to be reasonable but can't be punitive.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money/insurance/car-insurance/#refused

"the quote doesn't have to be reasonable but can't be punitive. "
    Lolz. This is Ireland. All insurance quotes are punitive.

Back to OP: I think you're going to struggle to get cover at anything below a telephone number in length tbh.

My eldest is going on 20. Driving as named driver for 2+ years, full licence for over 1, and even a 1.2 Clio is going to be a big 4-figure number (I'll know exact number in March, enquiries to date are suggesting €2.5k.)

You're trying to insure a particularly marked car as high risk, 2.0, male, at 20yrs old...........you can draw your own conclusions about what Insurance companies are going to make of that........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s not particularly he fact that it’s 2.0 - it’s the fact that it’s a JDM car, and one that’s loved by gob****es.

Look up ‘insurance fronting’ I would assume the insurers have a red flag when they see a guy in his 50s or whatever just happening to want an Altezza and put his 20 year old son on it as a named driver.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement