Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE 2020 Cork North Central. See Mod Note in Post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I gave Gould number 1, Halpin number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I gave Gould number 1, Halpin number 2.

The 2nd prefs could shake things up a bit.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The 2nd prefs could shake things up a bit.

I agree. Barry cane to my door, I raised an issue with him, follow up contact promised and not forthcoming hence he got no vote. Toomey’s canvasser was too full of herself, I asked to meet him she said not now, I said how will I know him then, when he gets elected came the reply. But a chance for FF/FG. Pity SF didn’t field 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

I agree. Barry cane to my door, I raised an issue with him, follow up contact promised and not forthcoming hence he got no vote. Toomey’s canvasser was too full of herself, I asked to meet him she said not now, I said how will I know him then, when he gets elected came the reply. But a chance for FF/FG. Pity SF didn’t field 2.

I wonder what is Jonathan O'Brien thinking today, missing out the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,989 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder what is Jonathan O'Brien thinking today, missing out the party?

What was the official reason for him stepping down ? I mean he was guaranteed a seat. Very strange.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What was the official reason for him stepping down ? I mean he was guaranteed a seat. Very strange.

I'd love to know

I'd love to know

Well that's why I asked because if it was a only political decision then it's baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

He needed to take a break to have more time for personal issues.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

He needed to take a break to have more time for personal issues.

Well that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I'd love to know

He's studying for a law degree in UCC apparently

• Advertisement

Vologda69 wrote: »

Good on him.

Vologda69 wrote: »

Age shall not weary them, he’s nearly 50. I wonder what he’ll do now, unless he is receiving a salary from Cork City FC. Michael Nugent will take Gould’s seat as I doubt Jonathan has the appetite to be a Cllr again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thomas Gould SF as expected písses it in Cork North Central.

13,811 first preference votes. 10356 were needed.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Thomas Gould SF as expected písses it in Cork North Central.

13,811 first preference votes. 10356 were needed.

I didn’t hear his name called but how did padraig o Sullivan get on ? Colm Burke got 6000 odd first preferences which is probably better than they expected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I didn’t hear his name called but how did padraig o Sullivan get on ? Colm Burke got 6000 odd first preferences which is probably better than they expected.

Came up on RTE website Map tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well done to Tommy Gould!

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Came up on RTE website Map tracker.

I'm listening to it on the radio and it was sandwiched in between Bertie ahern and the angelus.

Just looking at the full first count and ken o Flynn is in the hunt for a seat.

If he gets a seat can they co-opt his brother back into his council seat or is he still in jail for the attempted hit on a judge and a garda?

If he gets a seat can they co-opt his brother back into his council seat or is he still in jail for the attempted hit on a judge and a garda?

I've no idea. There's a list of next in line for independents apparently to be co opted. I've no idea who's on that list.

• Advertisement

As he’s now an independent it goes to the next unelected candidate. His brother is around the place wearing black sunglasses religiously.

Tim Brosnan FF would get the seat

Mick Barry gets 1459 transfers from Gould

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrpdap

Bizarre
    Why would people vote for him ?

mrpdap wrote: »
    Bizarre
    Why would people vote for him ?

The pink vote? And the auld ones who were pals with his Da.

I posted in the who's lost their seat thread but should probably post it here. It's obviously one SF, a FF, probably a FG seat and the last seat looks very interesting. Mick Barry not out of it but a lot of votes to be transferred including a FF and green candidate. It's a case of how the transfers break but it'll be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like Ken O'Flynn cost FF a seat without winning himself. I assumed he has burned all of his bridges at this point.

Fianna Fáil were silly in the first place in running 3 candidates though.

dulpit wrote: »
    Looks like Ken O'Flynn cost FF a seat without winning himself. I assumed he has burned all of his bridges at this point.

If they didn’t run Sandra Murphy I reckon Tony Fitzgerald was in. As for O’Flynn/FF those bridges were burned in 2011

dulpit wrote: »

He can fall back on his councillor role. Unfortunately Cork's Northside residents are stuck with him for the time being.

He can fall back on his councillor role. Unfortunately Cork's Northside residents are stuck with him for the time being.

Just the north east ward thank god

• Advertisement

If they didn’t run Sandra Murphy I reckon Tony Fitzgerald was in. As for O’Flynn/FF those bridges were burned in 2011

Exactly:) He just hung around like the embarrassing friend you can't shake off.

Advertisement