Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE 2020 Cork North Central. See Mod Note in Post 1

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Just the north east ward thank god

I don't live there anymore so I don't have to put up with too much of him thank god. Saying that, looks like they are going to elect Alan Farrell where I live now. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I don't live there anymore so I don't have to put up with too much of him thank god. Saying that, looks like they are going to elect Alan Farrell where I live now. :mad:

For the love of god :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

As for O’Flynn/FF those bridges were burned in 2011

What happened in 2011? I wasn't living northside back then...

dulpit wrote: »
    What happened in 2011? I wasn't living northside back then...

Martin promised Kenneth a seat in the Seanad in return for his father not running and went back on his promise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

He can fall back on his councillor role. Unfortunately Cork's Northside residents are stuck with him for the time being.
    I have no issue with him representing the north side,he has done a lot of good work for my folks and plenty others up there.

• Advertisement

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I have no issue with him representing the north side,he has done a lot of good work for my folks and plenty others up there.

He has half the country blocked on Twitter

Gamb!t wrote: »

I'm honestly glad to hear that he is doing some good. I'd love to know what he does?

He keeps his personal profile in the news a lot by speaking on a whole range of issues and I hear a lot of 'we need more...' and 'City Council needs to...' coming from him. I'm glad he's had to courage to finally go independent however. Listening to his father give out about Fianna Fail for years while holding on to their apron strings was very jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Burke and Barry take the last two seats to close out GE2020 in Cork North Central.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Burke and Barry take the last two seats to close out GE2020 in Cork North Central.

Burke did very well considering the movement in this election (and the fact that he lives in the southside), fair dues to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

https://twitter.com/RTEcorkNTHCENT/status/1226884276173647874

He says that if FF had put him on the ticket then FF would have 2 seats. It's as valid an argument to say that if he hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram and ran himself FF would also have had 2 seats...

• Advertisement

He says that if FF had put him on the ticket then FF would have 2 seats. It's as valid an argument to say that if he hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram and ran himself FF would also have had 2 seats...

His Facebook page is funny. in the photos section his face behind every movement logo you can think of.

His twitter :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,912 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Glad he didnt get in. Good to see Burke get in.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good to see Burke get in.

38 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I'm honestly glad to hear that he is doing some good. I'd love to know what he does?

He keeps his personal profile in the news a lot by speaking on a whole range of issues and I hear a lot of 'we need more...' and 'City Council needs to...' coming from him. I'm glad he's had to courage to finally go independent however. Listening to his father give out about Fianna Fail for years while holding on to their apron strings was very jarring.

He's sorted out some traffic light restrictions,got pot holes repaired and has been involved in getting the corporation to get rid of illegal dumping outside Ellis yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

FF said nothing about trying to get the north side of the Cork ring road completed which is vital to unclogging the traffic problems in the area and the entire area around the city in my opinion. If he was running on the FF ticket with no local orientated policies like this he would not have got my vote.

Advertisement