Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Condensation in cab

• 05-01-2020 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Do any of you put humidity bags in your cabs? I put this one in my woody cab two weeks ago and as you can see, there is a scary amount of water in there. My house is pretty modern, with no condensation problems, the room is always nice and warm with plenty of air circulation. Am I being sold snake oil with these humidity bags?

c21edCF.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No need for them in a cab that's in a temperature regulated house. Might be needed in a cold, damp garage or shed but not in a house.

Warm air has a lot more moisture in it than cold so any dehumidifier will easily pull out a lot of water from the air - all you're doing is adding bags of water to the cab :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

So do ya reckon that the moisture is originating from the air as opposed to the cab??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Get a temperature and humidity monitor (e.g. the thermpro monitor on amazon for 10 euro).

Once the humidity is between 40- 50% and temperature never drops below 15 degrees it's perfect.

If you put a dehumidifier on max in a room that is already at a comfortable 40-50% humidity it will still capture a pint of water over the course of a day so this is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

I seem to have alot of condensation in my car, any suggestions on how to prevent this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

candycock wrote: »
    I seem to have alot of condensation in my car, any suggestions on how to prevent this ?

I'll sell you one partially used condensation bag, pics above :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

candycock wrote: »

Apparently if you add an arcade machine to your car it will capture all of the moisture.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Apparently if you add an arcade machine to your car it will capture all of the moisture.

Only A woodie though,candys dont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Halfords sell moisture absorbant packs for car that help with this, lasts a few weeks before you need to dry them out.

I've one in my car as condensation does build up a lot (the heater recirc control is broken) so its generally a sign of a problem if you've excess condensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I use these in my enclosed 3d printers to measure temps and humidity(important when printing nylon and other weird materials). They're cheap and accurate. Might be no harm to have on in the room you have arcade cabs and such.

51TaTsNzJPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XW97475/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If the woody cab was stored in a cold location prior to where it is now it would have picked up the natural moisture along the way.
    A warm environment would have evaporated that water and it the condensates out on the metal and glass of the cab.
    I'd say that unless it's in a humid room now it should pass, using one of the dehumidifiers shown, and not return.

• Advertisement
Advertisement