Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2020 (Winter) - See Note in OP

• 05-01-2020 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Starts next Sunday so decided to start a new topic for the series.
    Mod Note: Guys, we say the same thing in the Big Brother thread, the X Factor thread, the BGT thread - if you don't like a show, keep scrolling.

People do like reality TV. Get over it.

By posting your distaste here, you are trolling the people who do like these shows and like to follow along.

We get it, you don't like it. Just move on. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hope there will be some fine tv totty in it.

It starts on Sunday night.
    Hope it won’t be a big flop like the survival of the fittest show they did few years ago in South Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Mundanity-loving sheep assemble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The lineup was released last night, looks like Lewis Capaldi's ex (who inspired a lot of his songs) is going into the villa.

It starts on Sunday night.
    Hope it won’t be a big flop like the survival of the fittest show they did few years ago in South Africa.

Hopefully it will

• Advertisement

Hopefully it will

I think it will flop.
    1 season of this in the summer is enough. Viewers need to try to hold on to what little of their brains that are still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Mundanity-loving sheep assemble...
    Hopefully it will

So edgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The lineup was released last night, looks like Lewis Capaldi's ex (who inspired a lot of his songs) is going into the villa.

No ordinary chubby Joe so, all fake model types

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No ordinary chubby Joe so, all fake model types

Where are all the goths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they are having 2 series a year now?
    sounds like a bad bad idea to me, it will in all likely hood cause burn out of the whole thing, and if it doesn't, it will probably go to 3 series a year.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Hope there will be some fine tv totty in it.

Spoiler alert: There's not!

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0107/1104727-love-island-reveals-contestants-for-first-winter-series/

Maybe they'll look better on TV though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

they are having 2 series a year now?
    sounds like a bad bad idea to me, it will in all likely hood cause burn out of the whole thing, and if it doesn't, it will probably go to 3 series a year.

Big brother went the same way, it's all about milking the cash cow before it runs dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I have a feeling that it won't do as well as the summer for one main reason - programming at this time of the year is great, all the stations are churning out the dramas, loads to see in the cinema etc whereas in Summer, there is considerably less on!

There's too many options on TV now for people to dedicate 6 nights a week for nearly 2 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Loughc wrote: »
    Big brother went the same way, it's all about milking the cash cow before it runs dry.

big brother was exactly what i was thinking of.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

mlem123 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that it won't do as well as the summer for one main reason - programming at this time of the year is great, all the stations are churning out the dramas, loads to see in the cinema etc whereas in Summer, there is considerably less on!

There's too many options on TV now for people to dedicate 6 nights a week for nearly 2 months!

Does that really affect this particular target audience though?

From my own experience, many of my own peer group - and younger friends/colleagues/acquaintances - don't even have the channels, just stream everything in their own time and watch Netflix etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think this would have been much better if it had a winter setting. Like somewhere cold with log cabins and fires and that kind of jazz. Nothing worse than seeing their fit toned bodies being flaunted in your face when I’m still trying to walk off my turkey. Then again I’m a fatty in the summer too so what does it even matter. I’ll be tuning in anyway, with wine and judgement for company.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I think this would have been much better if it had a winter setting. Like somewhere cold with log cabins and fires and that kind of jazz. Nothing worse than seeing their fit toned bodies being flaunted in your face when I’m still trying to walk off my turkey. Then again I’m a fatty in the summer too so what does it even matter. I’ll be tuning in anyway, with wine and judgement for company.

When it was first announced I genuinely thought it was going to have an apres ski vibe! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Get that scumbag "conservationist" out.

ITV have really fcked up this time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I like redheads myself. I hope they don't go crazy plastic.

23095224-0-image-a-6_1578390459293.jpgScreenshot-2020-01-07-at-12.06.56.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I like redheads myself. I hope they don't go crazy plastic.

23095224-0-image-a-6_1578390459293.jpgScreenshot-2020-01-07-at-12.06.56.png

F*ckin eijits, imagine having that beautiful red hair and then go dye it to look like everyone else. Is is starting tonight on virgin media?

fin12 wrote: »
    F*ckin eijits, imagine having that beautiful red hair and then go dye it to look like everyone else. Is is starting tonight on virgin media?

Clowns altogether. I mean they were gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Wheres Ricky Gervais when you need him. Hopefully this trophy hunter will be out first.

ITV under severe pressure to get him out. Petition close to 10k now. I'd actually be worried for his safety so they need to be more aware of what they are 3xposing him to , given what's happened to reality contestants in the past.

anewme wrote: »
    ITV under severe pressure to get him out. Petition close to 10k now. I'd actually be worried for his safety so they need to be more aware of what they are 3xposing him to , given what's happened to reality contestants in the past.

It would be in everyone's best interests if he just withdrew. Not likes he needs the cash . And hes already famous for murdering innocent animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Nice looking girls with red hair. When i first saw them as blonde, I was thinking here are a very poor version of some of the blonde stunners that they are trying to imitate.

I'll be skipping this tonight. Louis Theroux on BBC2 at 9 about sex workers.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Nice looking girls with red hair. When i first saw them as blonde, I was thinking here are a very poor version of some of the blonde stunners that they are trying to imitate.

They look 10 years older blonde. And much harsher. Typical example of people who need a "make under" as opposed to a "make over".

• Advertisement

ITV2+1 for me.

Looking forward to Louis asking hookers if they have a conscience about pulling 5 grand a week. Should be interesting.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    ITV2+1 for me.

Looking forward to Louis asking hookers if they have a conscience about pulling 5 grand a week. Should be interesting.

Why should they have a conscience about making five grand a week? What about the pr*cks that are paying them.

Is that a new series or from an older series?

fin12 wrote: »
    Is that a new series or from an older series?

NEW.

Love Louis, bring it on!

NEW.

Love Louis, bring it on!

He did a show before about sex workers in America. I remember this one woman had been doing it years.

A lot of them start out by they would be dating a guy and then he introduces them to that world and is their pimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

He loves “researching” them sex workers does Louis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hello fellow losers

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

They look like tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I just don't think this will be as good as the summer ones!

KatW4 wrote: »
    I just don't think this will be as good as the summer ones!

I keep seeing people say this. What exactly are you/they basing that on??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I keep seeing people say this. What exactly are you/they basing that on??

Just from the promos, I didn't like any of the contestants. I also think they're bringing in too many people who are slightly well known. I'll love it in a couple of days, just my initial reaction to it!

• Advertisement

Ok Sofie is beautiful

KatW4 wrote: »
    Just from the promos, I didn't like any of the contestants. I also think they're bringing in too many people who are slightly well known. I'll love it in a couple of days, just my initial reaction to it!

You’re not the only one obviously, the thread is dead!!

Rochelle’s sister comes across really stupid the way she speaks :/

I already miss ...what’s her name....the wan who attacked her boyfriend

vladmydad wrote: »
    I already miss ...what’s her name....the wan who attacked her boyfriend

Caroline flack. Pity she's not there.

Yeah if only she hadn’t seriously assaulted her boyfriend :rolleyes: hopefully she’ll never work again.

Nas is too short, I bet nobody steps forward

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Never liked her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

vladmydad wrote: »
    Nas is too short, I bet nobody steps forward

Yeah, but someone could be cute and pick him just at the very end- for security , not to be left out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

In fairness, she never really did much afer the first episode. Slo mo walks into the villa the odd time and thats it. Hopefully its the same with Laura and we dont see her much, cant stand her.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Never liked her.

She’s a fcuking awful tv presenter and evidently an awful person in general. But hell will freeze over before donkeykong will ever change his opinion on anything, regardless of what evidence has been presented.

• Advertisement
Advertisement