Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2020 (Winter) - See Note in OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Is it not always the same though? I've only watched two seasons and they've been exactly the same. Scripted drama and forced storylines.

You would hop that they leave it to the contestants to provide a certain amount of spontaneity. But this batch look to be especially bland. We will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Is it not always the same though? I've only watched two seasons and they've been exactly the same. Scripted drama and forced storylines.

I've watched since season 2 and in the earlier seasons were way better for a couple of reasons a) it didn't have half the following it has now, there was none of this going in to get your insta blue tick craic b) they were allowed to show the s*x scenes c) there was housemates in there over 25....some even over 30 :eek::eek::eek:

Think it's popularity has been its downfall really & the fact that they're all now playing towards a script. Even last night, the twins "both going for Callum", will ya go way outta that....seriously. 2 minutes before one of them was dead set on yer man Mike. & I wouldn't mind if they were any good at acting, but they could barely keep a straight face :rolleyes::rolleyes: I actually wanted to throw my shoe through the telly :mad::mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It was much better few years ago. There used to be sex scenes and more fights, and not so much of this “what’s ur type....” and same samey conversations all the time. Even the tasks are being repeated now.
    Who can forget when Miss GB gave a bj and got laid in the love shack, or when Sophie (rip) and the muscles Welsh guy got it on in the cupboard, or when Emma rode Terry cowboy style during the night in open view of all in the bedroom??
    Agree with Moron, there should be unlimited alcohol each night. We need bad behavior but instead they just wanna be celebrities afterwards and be Instagram models.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

After that election announcement I'm nearly glad Love Island is on - I have no doubt that every primetime RTE offering from now til the 8th will be election related and I just don't care (well I do, but I've a holiday booked on the 7th so not much choice in the matter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What was the best season? I might go back and watch an old one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think the season that Miss GB was on it. Tho the season withDophie was good too.
    Also the very first season of it, was filmed in Fiji way back and had celebrities like Calum Best, the tattoo guy from boy zone, Paul Danan was probably best of all. They had unlimited booze, Danan was a real funny character and would drink like mad. And Sophie Antherton was in it and was a bit mad too. Don’t think u will find this anywhere to watch.

Any season where they sprayed the booze around.

IMO prob season 2 - the one with Terry & Malin in it, Ms GB, & Sophie too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I think I'm going to do this as well. If the last 2 nights are anything to go by, this season is going to be like watching the S Club Juniors at summer camp.
    Short of putting Maura back in I can't see it redeeming itself, its just way too forced & they all look about 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

buswankers wrote: »
    Hmmm I have my doubts that's why he left...surely itv were under pressure to get him out? Maybe they went to him with the news stories?

gmisk wrote: »
    Hmmm I have my doubts that's why he left...surely itv were under pressure to get him out? Maybe they went to him with the news stories?

Yeah I'd def say that's what we're being told, totally agree re it's doubtful why he really left.

I hate him now. I hate quiters. What a loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I doubt that the figures are down because one contestant like to go hunting, there are other factors.

There is a good Christine Keeler Drama on BBC and Louis Theroux was on also. I would say these are bigger factors.

I know the press are trying to demonise Ollie for going hunting but it is worth noting that it is a government sponsored pastime in S Africa and thousands of people do it as a hobby. That might not sit comfortably with people but it is a reality.

People hunt deer in Ireland , very legally depending on numbers , it is not the work of the Devil or anything. By all accounts Ollie and his father are wealthy landowners it would be very common for these people to hunt wildlife on their land and indeed travel to Africa to hunt. It does not make them bad people in my opinion.

Government sponsored or not it doesn't make it right.

Disgusting pastime.Whatever about hunting deer These are endangered species ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

No, the first few series were definitely different, they had older housemates who were actually looking for love, no influencers etc. back then.

Also, let them drink whatever they wanted and so had some great fights. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

buswankers wrote: »

Oh so maybe the tens of thousands of people (40,000 and counting) who signed the petition and plus those who said they were going to boycott it forced ITV reconsider their position after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I hate him now. I hate quiters. What a loser.

He was a loser long before he quit here.

Anyone who sets up a company making thousands to arrange for other rich fckrs to shoot endangered wild animals and pose with their corpses is a loser. That's profiteering on the back of animals suffering. Then trying to delete the website and the photos. People are not the fools he thought they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why are the two always bet into clothes two sizes too small?

Callum is such a two faced little snake.

• Advertisement

At first it was just Calum’s accent that reminded me of Jordan from last year but now he’s starting to look like him as well.. creepy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I do find it baffling that the other girls are seething at the White Chicks when they've only been with their 'manzzz' for max 24 hours.

What's halfway between London and Manchester, asks the Geography student to the scaffolder. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You are shít at shopping... very good.

It was a bit sneaky of those twins to refuse to name who they were interested in when that’s the whole point of the show.
    Callum & Mike also assured Shauna & Leanne they were interested in them, only to scarper the second they got a chance with the twins.

Callum telling the twin about the kiss making it sound like Shauna pounced on him and he wasn’t up for it was sneaky too.
    And then him assuring the twin not to worry if he’s seen chatting to Shauna, she has nothing to worry about... When he pretty much told Shauna she had nothing to worry about earlier.

Snakes the lot of them, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

At first it was just Calum’s accent that reminded me of Jordan from last year but now he’s starting to look like him as well.. creepy

Can't for the life of me remember who Jordan is.

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    Can't for the life of me remember who Jordan is.

This dope

tenor.gif?itemid=14671500

Naz looks like Dr Ranj from CBeebies

This dope

tenor.gif?itemid=14671500

How could I forget?! :pac:

This is cringe tv

Still Ill wrote: »
    This is cringe tv

It is VERY boring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Don't trust the cop lad for a minute. Potential Gaslighter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

What’s the name of the girl with the extremely big eyebrows??

What is Mike on about, offering to share a bed with Leanne when he’s clearly more interested in the twin? Trying to look like the nice guy??

Also Callum looks like the love child of Ryan Thomas (a la CBB Roxanne-gate fame) & Ryan Gigs.

Best thing about the episode so far was the Mark Ronson YEBBA song

Best thing about the episode so far was the Mark Ronson YEBBA song

Sis...I love that song!! That whole album is brill

Giving it another chance tonight.
    I just can’t understand a thing the girls are saying

Sis...I love that song!! That whole album is brill

Giving it another chance tonight.
    I just can’t understand a thing the girls are saying

She’s amazing! I adore that song.

Does your one Shaughna remind anyone of Joanne Larby back in the day?

Does your one Shaughna remind anyone of Joanne Larby back in the day?

Oh now that you say it...in her photoshopping days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jojofizzio wrote: »
    What’s the name of the girl with the extremely big eyebrows??

Be more specific, they all have those Scouse brows to me :p

Ian Stirling isn’t remotely funny

• Advertisement

It’s bad form when the Just Eat promo is more entertaining and has better contestants than the actual show

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

See ya!!

I dont think she took it so well.

You think?

Take a look at yourself and take a look at Leanne. What's the shock?

“I’m shocked you’ve picked the stunning one over me”....Love,you’re in a reality show full of vapid wannabes which is entirely based on looks.....how the hell could you be shocked??

Are any of the girls not sporting spiders legs for eyelashes ??

Nas really needs to give up on her.. Getting embarrassing.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Be more specific, they all have those Scouse brows to me :p

Wearing the green top in the preview clip for tomorrow night...
    Long black hair,white skin and eyebrows that extend from the inner corner of the eyes to the level of the ears(and about 4 inches thick)...that’s the best I can do I terms of a description -hope it helps....:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Obviously still very early days but I think this is shaping up to be a very boring series, can't really find myself attaching to or rooting for anyone just yet, none of them are just that likable.

I think Connor and Sophie are already playing the game, trying to be the day one couple that goes and wins it all. Him bringing her coffee was vomit inducing to the extreme.

I hate to be too harsh on anyone but my God the twins are definitely two of the fakest girls that have ever been on the show and too be honest I really don't think any of the lads are really into them, can see them being the two odd girls that go home, which would be hilarious to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I wonder what would happen if one twin was dumped and one wasn't. Would the other one walk.

• Advertisement

I wonder what would happen if one twin was dumped and one wasn't. Would the other one walk.

They are actually quite a painful dynamic on the show. I would say the other girls cannot stand them, which is not fair on anyone, including the twins. The show compromises their chances while they isolate them like that.

The scripting is painful. It is so bad they don't say anything when they are not being told to. The scene with all the women sitting in the one room and no one talking is chronic.

What a gang of drones.

Advertisement