Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2020 (Winter) - See Note in OP

1575859606163»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I feared it but hoped it wouldn't be the case. There will never be a black winner of love island.

Of the final 5 couples, three of the lads were black.

Priscilla was also black, Sophie was mixed race and Nas is of Pakistani heritage.
    Amber won last year. Tommy Fury’s father is a traveller and his mother is from Mauritius, so he’s mixed race too.

In fairness to the producers they always have a diverse range of contestants. How well they do is more to do with their personalities and less to do with their skin colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,281 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully that's the permanent end of this thrash.

Hopefully that's the permanent end of this thrash.

*trash

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Of the final 5 couples, three of the lads were black.

Priscilla was also black, Sophie was mixed race and Nas is of Pakistani heritage.
    Amber won last year. Tommy Fury’s father is a traveller and his mother is from Mauritius, so he’s mixed race too.

In fairness to the producers they always have a diverse range of contestants. How well they do is more to do with their personalities and less to do with their skin colours.

He's not blaming it on Love Island, he's saying that the UK public are the reason for this.

And so what if Amber won? That's not a black couple.

JoeFritzl wrote: »
    He's not blaming it on Love Island, he's saying that the UK public are the reason for this.

And so what if Amber won? That's not a black couple.

He said there’s never been a black winner. Amber won last year, so that isn’t true at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Anamdearcadh

Well, its all over now!

It would be lovely if Siannise and Luke T have a future together.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 3 months before the Summer season begins. ☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

I'm surprised Finn and Paige one! I genuinely thought it'd be Luke T and Siannise were going to cinch it!

Not that I'm unhappy but just unexpected.

Now to watch Love is Blind I suppose..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

mlem123 wrote:
    Now to watch Love is Blind I suppose..
    If you thought falling in love in 5 weeks was quick, wait til you watch that show.

So cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Anamdearcadh

I'm going to miss Love Island tonight, it is the first season I've watched of it and I've gotten so used to tuning in every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

I'm going to miss Love Island tonight, it is the first season I've watched of it and I've gotten so used to tuning in every night!

I, for one, won't ever be watching again. If Luke T can't win it, then no black person ever can. Disgusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I, for one, won't ever be watching again. If Luke T can't win it, then no black person ever can. Disgusted.

Mr. T to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

If you thought falling in love in 5 weeks was quick, wait til you watch that show.

So cringe.

So many people have told me to watch it and that it's mad haha but decided to wait until Love Island is over :P

Even my parents saw clips of it on Gogglebox and couldn't get over it! "Only the Americans.."

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I really don't think race or colour came into this at all, sure it was a surprise result in the summer one too with amber and greg winning and we all thought molly and tommy were a sure thing....and as someone already said amber is mixed race. its just how it worked out but it does illustrate that no couple are a sure thing! I was disappointed luke and siannise (or however you spell it) didn't win but that was purely based on them seeming to be a great couple and likeable people, more so than paige and fin, in my opinion. Skin colour just doesn't come into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Celebs go Dating starts tonight and Amy the crazy Curtis stalker is on it.
    After the disappointment of this series of love island this show should bring a few laughs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Celebs go Dating starts tonight and Amy the crazy Curtis stalker is on it.
    After the disappointment of this series of love island this show should bring a few laughs.

I will be watching to see how she looks, she is gorgeous. What station?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I will be watching to see how she looks, she is gorgeous. What station?

E4 at 9pm.
    I’ve watched a few of these seasons and it’s very funny.
    Some celebs come across great, eg Joey Essex and Pete Wicks, them 2 are very smooth with the women and have serious charm. The Lee Ryan from Blue came across great also, a real charming and funny guy.
    Then with others the decision to go on this show backfires as their lousy personality shows, eg Jack from LI ex-Dani Dyer.

I think someone needs to take their daily meds tbh... I'm just calling out inherit racism, don't know how you're making me the bad guy, but whatever makes you tick I suppose.

Yeah, so inherent you’re the only person who can see it and the only person who thinks it was a factor in who the public chose to win :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

I think we'll leave it there. No point entertaining it.

E4 at 9pm.
    I’ve watched a few of these seasons and it’s very funny.
    Some celebs come across great, eg Joey Essex and Pete Wicks, them 2 are very smooth with the women and have serious charm. The Lee Ryan from Blue came across great also, a real charming and funny guy.
    Then with others the decision to go on this show backfires as their lousy personality shows, eg Jack from LI ex-Dani Dyer.

Watching the show now, hilarious never seen it before. Loads of trashy wannabes, I am sold. Some fit birds too.

Watching the show now, hilarious never seen it before. Loads of trashy wannabes, I am sold. Some fit birds too.

Yep there has been about 6 seasons previous, and they are all hilarious.
    Rob Beckitt is a lot funnier as a commentator than the Scottish fella on love island.

• Advertisement

Yep there has been about 6 seasons previous, and they are all hilarious.
    Rob Beckitt is a lot funnier as a commentator than the Scottish fella on love island.

It is a total shightfest, what have I been missing? The chat up lines.... this is proper trash TV, loving it.

Do we get to follow them on their "dates" ?

It is a total shightfest, what have I been missing? The chat up lines.... this is proper trash TV, loving it.

Do we get to follow them on their "dates" ?

Yeah it will be on every night now for the next 3 weeks, maybe not sat nights. It’s one of the funniest shows on tv. You can probably get the older series on the more4 player, tho it would take forever to watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Just watched the final and must the the winter series was atrocious and not a patch on last summer.

Only Mike and Siânnise were any bit interesting.

They really wanna mix it up for the summers series and do something different as it's way too samey the last couple of series now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

mod: trolling posts cleared up. If you suspect someone of re-regging, or trolling, report the posts and leave it to the mods to decide; do not engage or accuse people of being reregs as that itself is trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

What channel/when is that Love is Blind on? missed the celebs go dating but sounds like it is another one for our trashy fix!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Leslie91 wrote: »
    What channel/when is that Love is Blind on? missed the celebs go dating but sounds like it is another one for our trashy fix!.

Love is Blind is on netflix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

neonsofa wrote: »
    Love is Blind is on netflix.

Oh wow thanks, will check it out.

Advertisement