Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love Island 2020 (Winter) - See Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh please let one of the twins be dumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Oh please let one of the twins be dumped

Surely it will be. Wonder if they'd follow each other out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Sophie is totally gaslighting Conor. She’s intentionally winding him up until she gets a reaction and then she’s making him feel stupid.
    She’s so thick it’s hard to know if she’s even doing it on purpose but it’s not nice to watch.

He’s a controlling psycho, but like Joe from the summer. She’s not doing anything wrong.

He’s a controlling psycho, but like Joe from the summer. She’s not doing anything wrong.

He’s insecure, he’s far from a psychopath. She’s playing on his insecurities in a horrible way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I think Sophie’s treating Connor horribly. I usually hate when people do the whole “wHaT iF tHe TaBlEs WeRe TuRnEd” shíte but I genuinely think if it was Connor telling her he liked her, kissing and cuddling her, but then thinking nothing of showing OTT excitement of new girls, telling her to her face how good looking the new girls were, and giggling and kissing a new girl in front of her ...he’d be public enemy number 1. Instead he’s a guy who’s admittedly a little possessive but is clearly sensitive and a little wet behind the ears, and he’s being ridiculed and called a psychopath all over the internet.

Yknow i was firmly on the "****ing hell he needs to chill out" side, but your post has made me reconsider. In fairness, she didnt initiate the kiss so what is she supposed to do other than laugh it off as part of the game, but then on the other hand, like you say, she is rubbing it in his face a bit too and then getting in a strop when he points it out. So i really dont know.

But if there is one thing that will turn me off a man its possessiveness. So i could understand if she was pulling away a bit due to his behaviour (going the wrong way about it tho).... which is down to her behaviour in the first place tho.... so i dunno!

But like it is a game, they are "coupled up", not in a relationship, and its early on in the game, not a few weeks in where they are a "couple" in everything but name. They were strangers this time last week like.

He’s insecure, he’s far from a psychopath. She’s playing on his insecurities in a horrible way.

Well she only met him about 3 days ago but he’s acting like they are in a serious relationship and is freaking out over nothing things. Reckon he mostly just wants to sail through the show, win it and have a career in Instagram afterwards.
    But he has been verbally little aggressive to her a couple of times. If she has any sense she should get away from him. She has been her own jokey self with him, but now she seems to be seeing the red flags in him. She should empty his eggs from her basket and hand them back to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sophie is good craic I like her, I wouldn't have automatically put her with Connor though tbh..maybe it's the big fake teeth..they have known each other like 3 days

Shaughna is rough up close..those pumped up lips eugh

The novelty of the twins is clearly wearing off on the lads lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

How is Finlay only 20?

Honestly thought he looked closer to 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How is Finlay only 20?

Honestly thought he looked closer to 30.
    Some seriously good tweets about that.
    My favourite

He must have had a paper round in Baghdad

Sophie is totally gaslighting Conor. She’s intentionally winding him up until she gets a reaction and then she’s making him feel stupid.
    She’s so thick it’s hard to know if she’s even doing it on purpose but it’s not nice to watch.

I’m not even sure what is the meaning of this new term gaslighting that I think got invented few years ago, but am watching Ireland am and the show biz reporter is completely on side of Sophie and is saying that Firmino has been gaslighting her for past few days.
    I think all this gaslighting, mugging me, and disrespecting terms in today’s modern lingo is completely unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

So who's going home tonight? I think it'll be a twin :P

I’m not even sure what is the meaning of this new term gaslighting that I think got invented few years ago, but am watching Ireland am and the show biz reporter is completely on side of Sophie and is saying that Firmino has been gaslighting her for past few days.
    I think all this gaslighting, mugging me, and disrespecting terms in today’s modern lingo is completely unnecessary.

Its not a new term. Its a term from an old movie called gaslight, where a man makes the woman think she going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

As NeonSofa says, the term is around since the 30's.

The term "gaslighting" can be traced back to a 1938 play. British playwright Patrick Hamilton created "Gas Light," a mystery/thriller that premiered in London and played there for six months. But most folks familiar with the history of the term think back to the 1944 film adaptation of the play, "Gaslight."

The movie stars Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman. They play a married couple, Paula and Gregory. Throughout the film, abusive husband Gregory manipulates Paula to make her feel as if she has gone mad. He leads her to believe she's stealing things without realizing it and hearing noises that aren’t really there. Paula begins to question her reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She was deliberately trying to get a rise out of him, she admitted as much herself, and then when he finally reacted she made him feel stupid saying it was all a joke.
    That's really manipluative and borderline emotionally abusive.

I'm loathe to go down the narrative of "if this was the other way around", but its so true. If a man was playing with a woman's head like that no one would find it acceptable.

She was deliberately trying to get a rise out of him, she admitted as much herself, and then when he finally reacted she made him feel stupid saying it was all a joke.
    That's really manipluative and borderline emotionally abusive.

I'm loathe to go down the narrative of "if this was the other way around", but its so true. If a man was playing with a woman's head like that no one would find it acceptable.

She was only bantering. She is the queen of banter, a proper Bantersaurus!
    That lad needs to cop on a bit in fairness. He starts off bragging about his threesome and more than 100 rides, then gets aggressive to her when she comments back to him about it, then he goes after her again for her having conversations with others. What is she supposed to do not talk to anybody??
    I think he has just picked her from start and wants to stay on the show. The other women don’t seem crazy on him. Even his fake teeth seem to be losing their shine in the strong South African sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Bantersaurus! LOL

Still havent got into it, will give this series a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hellogh. Retrogh Electrogh checking in for tonight. Wighne in tow. Lolghs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

gmisk wrote: »
    Sophie is good craic I like her, I wouldn't have automatically put her with Connor though tbh..maybe it's the big fake teeth..they have known each other like 3 days

Shaughna is rough up close..those pumped up lips eugh

The novelty of the twins is clearly wearing off on the lads lol

I thought the same about Shaughna at first, but her eyes are lovely and she is real. I fancy her bigtime.

Hellogh. Retrogh Electrogh checking in for tonight. Wighne in tow. Lolghs.

I’m on the saughv blaghnc myself *cheerghs*

• Advertisement

I’M SO BORED.

Why am I such a masochist? It’s not like there’s even good craic in the thread this time. I wanna quit Love Island.

I’ve quit. I mean you know as well anyone I watch complete ****e but this is just unwatchable.

I love that now the second twin is getting pied.

Fair play to Eve, she’s taken it a lot better than Jess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Twins binned. As they should be.

Siamese trying to have a conversation is all kinds of excruciating

Siamese trying to have a conversation is all kinds of excruciating

“Oh I like metal! Have you heard of Red Hot Chilli Peppers?”

Reminds me of my Christmas party when this absolute ditzy tool on my team goes to me “do you know this song?” when Bohemian Rhapsody came on.

• Advertisement

Cringing at the RHCP bit :o

Nothing much happened in that quarter.

Nothing much happened in that quarter.

Not true. I finished my bottle of wine and a packet of Haribo

Shaunaghgh is sound. I like how she’s kind of spotty during the day and then total 360 (lol) flawless glam at night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm an idiot. I am so bored of this series but I'm afraid I'll miss something so I keep watching!

Sionnese or whatever her name is absolutely wrecks my head. She is so stuck up. Can't stand her. Wouldn't mind if she was voted out but I think Nas will stupidly keep her in. I reckon it will be one of the twins voted out later.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I thought the same about Shaughna at first, but her eyes are lovely and she is real. I fancy her bigtime.

Her legs are uafasach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

"Connagh with a G" is a long name.

They should call them Connagh G and Conor Jaws.

Also where's Nas tonight.

When Sophie is on screen

U5Ccc0f.gif?noredirect

When Sophie is on screen

U5Ccc0f.gif?noredirect

When will the ring child come out if this screen and put me out of this misery??

Her legs are uafasach.

I read earlier that she has lost a lot of weight. Fair play, she looks great. The legs are harder to lose it from id say

That guy should really stop talking about feet. All body parts really. Coming across very creepy.

Still Ill wrote: »
    That guy should really stop talking about feet. All body parts really. Coming across very creepy.

Also suddenly I’m hyper aware of how hideous my feet are

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Little Miss Fun

Iain Sterling's commentary is the only thing keeping me here

My boyfriend just said to me “I can imagine if you were in there you’d have your bikini on and your dressing gown over it”

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Paige and Shaughna are growing on me. There, I said it.

• Advertisement

Poor Nas! Annoyingly he’ll keep the awful Shamu in.

Be hard to miss those teeth Connor.

Paige and Shaughna are growing on me. There, I said it.

Meigh toogh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Paige is a bit of crack, nice open personality.

Next 10 mins should be a little more interesting.

Will Nas no willy be left at end to pick between the twins??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Will Nas no willy be left at end to pick between the twins??

I was just thinking the same thing. Horrible situation to be in if that's what happens!

Aww poor Turkey teeth

Who will little connor pick!?!

Bless mike with his baffled look

In your annoying face Shania!!!

• Advertisement

Mike and leanne are like a couple in a catalogue, they're beautiful!

Advertisement