Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge to Dublin commute

• 05-01-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

I’m hoping to buy in Celbridge in a few months time; near the Maynooth road. I work around Merrion Square. I know there are a few public transport options into town. The 66 bus, train from Celbridge and the train from Leixlip also. I have also recently found out that Bus Eireann run a bus from Edenederry (120 bus) which goes through Celbridge. If anyone gets this bus I’d love to hear how long it generally takes to get into town, if its packed when its reaches Celbridge and if its reliable etc. From looking at the Bus Eireann site; the morning bus gets to Merrion Row at 7:50am and 8:25am.

Any other tips on commuting to town from Celbridge would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I worked for a while in Merrion area

The 67X express services take about 50-70 mins to Merrion/Baggott street depending on where you pick up the bus

The trains from Hazelhatch to Pearse are also an option - about 50-60 mins. This is particularly good if you live on the Station side of Celbridge

I occasionally get the 120 (about 0745 service) and there is also a 123 around that time. They can be busy but are quick enough into Stephen's green about 45 mins (note : most go only to Busaras)

If you live out towards Clane you might ick this up before main stop in town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I’m hoping to buy in Celbridge in a few months time; near the Maynooth road. I work around Merrion Square. I know there are a few public transport options into town. The 66 bus, train from Celbridge and the train from Leixlip also. I have also recently found out that Bus Eireann run a bus from Edenederry (120 bus) which goes through Celbridge. If anyone gets this bus I’d love to hear how long it generally takes to get into town, if its packed when its reaches Celbridge and if its reliable etc. From looking at the Bus Eireann site; the morning bus gets to Merrion Row at 7:50am and 8:25am.

Any other tips on commuting to town from Celbridge would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Cycle to Leixlip Louisa Bridge and then green line tram from Broombridge or walk from Pearse (or depending on start time just cycle over from Connolly)- about 15 minutes from the Maynooth side of Celbridge. You have to get over the M4 roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Cycle to Leixlip Louisa Bridge and then green line tram from Broombridge or walk from Pearse (or depending on start time just cycle over from Connolly)- about 15 minutes from the Maynooth side of Celbridge. You have to get over the M4 roundabout.

Don't mind any of this.

The Hazelhatch to Grand Canal Dock train takes 40 mins, so 30-35 to Pearse. The 67X goes straight to Merrion Sq, or the ordinary 67 (but slower). These are your best options. There's a feeder bus to the station that runs down the Maynooth Rd and multiple stops for the 67.

The 120 is good but operates on the Clane Road side so not ideal for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Buffman

IMO the 67X will be your best option from that area of the town, it'll be right on your doorstep, without the need to change services or walk too far.

The total time taken to get to and from the other options will negate any time savings they may have over the 67X IMO.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boredzzzz

Cycle it! I do pretty much that exact commute and cycle each day....more doable than you might think. Roughly same time as the X takes, but make up a lot of time when there's any traffic, either in town heading in or coming back into Celbridge in evening(both of which are pretty much every day at peak times!). Need shower facilities in work though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Many thanks to all for replies! There are clearly many different options for getting into town. I guess it will be just a matter of trying out a few of the different options and see what works best for me. Even though I’m fairly fit and do some cycling I think I will pass on that suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ASearcher

Hi All,
    I am planning to buy house in Celbridge near OldTown Woods and thinking of pros/cons of travel either through 67/67x or 120 or may be through Hazelhatch train station.

I would be going to city center for work and want to know the commute times. Google says it approx 1 hours 10 mins either using 67 or 120 if I leave between 7:30-8:30

Want to know the bus board experience, is it full and are there any seats available.

Also would be good to know which are the good schools near Old Town, the closest one is Scoil na Mainistreach and looking to get admission for my kid.

Please can you provide some feedback and suggestions on the above points.

Regards
    ASearcher is online now Report Post

Advertisement