Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal issues

Options
  • 05-01-2020 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

An explanation would be nice.

Why are yellow and red cards in place?

Goose81 went overboard on a particular post and received a card. He wasn't banned despite many complaints from a number of different users.

I received 0 warning, 0 yellow, 0 red card.

Out of sudden I was banned. Why?

Dear LuciX,

You have been permanently banned from Personal Issues for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

wiggle16

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭LuciX

Please ask the mod to explain his logic...

Goose81 hacked a whole thread, made it about himself and all he got was a warning and a card.

Advice by the mod: don't drink and post.

The thread is there, I can send you the link but sure you should be able to find it easily.

Millionaire not received several warnings and had multiple posts snipped or deleted, to the point of receiving a red card. Yet, no ban.

This person decide to pick on me ON my views.

I stand by eveything I said.

Back to real life...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The process is set out at the head of the forum or in the sticky if you are on the Touch site

You are required to approach the mod to try and resolve this directly. Please do so as you appeal will not proceed if you have made no genuine attempt to resolve it directly

Mod is not interested in interacting with me.
    He asked a bunch of questions, I replied twice - he didn't hear what he wanted to and shut down communication as in his own words - we aren't going nowhere and I opened this thread.

A normal behaviour from his part would be like:
    Mod warning:

@kerryjack, I've deleted your post as it falls well below the standard allowed in PI. Please have a read of the charter before posting again, otherwise you'll risk getting a card.

FYI OP, I've approved your posts now. Please just be aware that it takes time for anonymous posts to appear, as they have to be approved by the mods first."

ALSO: As far as FAQ goes backseat mode is not allowed.
    Here is one example, posted this morning.
    I don’t feel there’s any point in posting counter options to quite a few posters that seem to be really determined to operate on a ‘Pick up “Artist”’ mode.

Their opinions make me ill. “Treat them badly and also try it on with other women”. I would flag / draw attention to individual posts if it were just that - but there’s a rash of such posts on this thread lately. And PI and RI in general. Not sure how to flag that to Mods, except to say that there’s some quite nasty ‘treat them mean and they’ll cop on’ views that keep coming up over and over lately. It’s really pretty nasty.

I can flag individual posts, but I’ve never seen such a depressing set of posts advocating to treat women like cr*p as I have lately on PI / RI boards. That’s why I’m posting this, to draw attention to it as a whole
    Last edited by qwerty13; Today at 11:56.

MS. qwearty13 can not respect others opinions therefore, everyone who goes against her sunshine, lollipops and rainbows views on how sex should operate in a marriage are nasty LOL Their opinions make her ill LOL Oh, the drama!

Can you please explain the yellow and red card process that was not followed in my case?

It's a real concern.
    Goose81 hijacked a thread
    Millionaire not had several warnings and a red card

Both posters were allowed to remain in the forum and made comments last night.

I was banned without warning.

The time frame between wiggle16 sending me a PM and banning me ins less than 1h. I don't check pm or my emails at every minute.

I only checked the pm because I noticed the forum is gone.

As for my email, it is a mere formality at this stage. I use it for work mostly and on weekdays. Hence my delay to get back to him.

Still, my question remains valid: why I was not given a yellow card (or even a red) and banned right away when two people who caused a lot of issues on different threads are still allowed to post?

<snip>

• Advertisement

This thread will deal with your appeal and not other posts (or posters) you may have a problem with

There s no requirement to go through an escalation of sanctions and it is perfectly acceptable for a mod to issue a ban (in this case permanent) if they consider it appropriate

The process is that your appeal will be looked at by a Category Moderator who may ask you to post copies of or forward your PM conversation with the mod. It;s very difficult to follow your posts in this thread and in particular separate what you are quoting and what you are saying in connection with your appeal

I will alert the Soc CMods to this appeal

Beasty wrote: »
    This thread will deal with your appeal and not other posts (or posters) you may have a problem with

I don't have a problem with a post or posters.
    My problem is the mod attitude to 3 people who hijacked posts and made threads about them, back and forth chit-chat scoring points that were not flagged with a warning, let alone received a card.

Is the mods attitude I am questioning.
    In order to question his attitude I must show you the thread, see?

How he treated a/b/c (mates, eh?) who hijacked threads and banned me out of the blue.

The timeline of events is as follow:

wiggle16: 21:36 - Issues concerning anon posts, reported posts, and posting style in PI
    wiggle16: 21:59 - Also
    wiggle16: 22:25 - You have been banned

I didn't see his messages until 22:40 then I replied.

So, Mr. right asked for an explanation at 21:36, then at 21:59 and at 22:25 decide to ban me. That's how things escalated in less than 1h.

The CMod will deal with your ban here. The other points you raise are not up for discussion in this thread.

Once this appeal has been dealt with, if you still have an issue with moderation you will be able to raise that in the Help Desk forum

Posted by: LuciX
    Don't mind her. The only vibes she gets is from randoms.
    A fetish website user with little relationship experience, was never married or in a long term partnership but somehow she thinks she has the right to talk about "most marriages" dynamics lol
    Boards make me laugh

OP: be the best father you can and go fulfil your needs elsewhere.
    Pretty selfish to have you work your ass off to keep a household, have a cleaner in while she does %/@ and still expect you to become celibate because she can't fulfil her marriage vows.
    The post is also misogynistic and I have doubts about your sincerity in posting advice like that, or your recent post where you dismissed a person who had been subjected to emotional abuse.

You need to be aware that the above are examples of behaviour which is unacceptable in the PI forum. Many of the people posting in PI are very vulnerable, which is why the standard of posting is expected to be of a much higher standard than on other part of Boards.

I would appreciate an explanation for the above points raised. Why are you behaving like this?

WHO IS HE TO QUESTION MY VIEWS?

A WOMAN IS REFUSING TO HAVE SEX WITH HER HUSBAND, SHE DOESN'T WORK, SHE HAS A CLEANER BUT COMPLAINED ABOUT BEING TIRED.
    COUNSELLING IS A WASTE OF TIME, SHE IS NOT INTERESTED IN TALKING.
    HE WANTS TO STAY MARRIED FOR THE CHILD SAKE.
    HIS MARRIAGE IS ONLY VALID ON PAPER.
    MARRIAGE WITHOUT SEX IS CALLED FRIENDSHIP.
    I ADVISED THE OP TO LOOK AFTER HIMSELF AND GET SEX ELSEWHERE AS THE LAZY ABOUT IS GOOD TO BE A KEPT WOMAN BUT CAN'T KEEP HIM.

MOD IS QUESTIONING MY COMMENT. WTF!

OTHER PPL (HAPPENED TO BE MEN) COMMENTED THE OP IS WASTING TIME TRYING TO MAKE HER WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM, SHE WON'T CHANGE - SOME OF THESE PPL WENT THROUGH THE SAME WITHDRAWN PROCESS. THE OP WIFE HAS NO RIGHT TO DO WHAT SHE IS DOING BUT MODS IS NOT HAPPY THAT I AM A WOMAN AND I AM STANDING BY THE HUSBAND.

NOW TELL ME HE IS NOT JUDGING ME ON MY VIEWS?

On 02/01/2020 at 14:59pm:
    Quote:
    Username: easyshag
    Was seeing a guy - as opposed to dating
    For some it may be a simple different terminology.
    In real life it makes a difference on how high/low you think of a person.
    By the look of things he was never your boyfriend yet, you expected him to treat and respect you as one.
    He doesn't have a new girlfriend, he has a girlfriend. He is in a relationship now but he wasn't with you.
    Is this post intended to vent? No one can be sure why he acted the way he did. Then again, he owns you nothing. That's the harsh reality.

Because they constitute an attack on other posters, and are misogynistic, these posts fall well below the standard expected in PI and are unacceptable, which I believe is why you posted them anonymously. This an abuse of the anon function and that is not tolerated.

You have also made nearly 90 reports of posts in the PI forum. You repeatedly reported a single post 9 times today. This is also an abuse of the report post function.

First of all my posts are under my name. What he believes or doesn't believe is not my problem. Let's deal with facts and evidence. I am not afraid to speak my mind as you can clearly tell at this stage. The one side intimacy thread is the prefect example. Mr. MOD can't stand to see a woman who will not tolerate a husband to be treated like crap and denied intimacy by a lazy wife but hey, I am the misogynistic one for speaking the truth.

2nd: One line replies are not allowed - there has been a number of online comments and also people only commenting to say they agree with another poster (that's why the thank button is there for). He is not working on tackling down the one liners and similar posts, I reported them as they are 'below standard' and I am being called out for helping him to do his job? Really?! Abuse of report function? Really?!

I REPORTED A POST THAT USED THE WORD C*** AND WAS DIRECTED AT ME. HELLO! MS. ELECTRO BITCH (A PERFECT USERNAME FOR HER) INSULTED ME, I REPORTED THE POST 9X UNTIL IT WAS DEALT WITH - GUESS WHAT? MOD DID NOT ISSUE A WARNING BUT MS. ELECTRO BITCH EDITED THE POST.

MS. ELECTRO BITCH IS ALLOWED TO CALLED ME A C*** BECAUSE SHE DISAGREE WITH MY OPINION! THE BULLY GET AWAY WITH IT. I AM BANNED.

A repeat offender banned for two weeks... 2 weeks!

<snipped>

Mod:

Millionaire only not, you've been banned for two weeks because in spite of repeated requests and warnings you are refusing to take the forum seriously and post anything helpful to any OP.
    Last edited by wiggle16; Today at 09:09. Reason: more dithering rubbish

I am banned for life? Eh? Sounds fair

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi LuciX,

I will be looking after this DRP.

I aim to get to it within 48 hours.

Please note, I will only be dealing with the ban in question, which relates to your posting and behaviour alone. As I oversee the forum, I am well versed in all of the current issues, so please do not continue to post about them on this thread as they are not relevant to this appeal.

Faith wrote: »
    Hi LuciX,

I will be looking after this DRP.

I aim to get to it within 48 hours.

Thanks
    Take your time.
    Now I know somebody is dealing with the case.

I'll log back on Friday to check the status.

Hi LuciX,

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this.

Orfinarily, I’d ask you to send me the PMs you sent to the moderators to attempt to resolve this issue directly, but I have already been copied into them by the PI moderators, so we can skip that step.

I can appreciate why you feel this all happened very quickly, and without explanation, so hopefully I can shed some light on that.

Two main issues were noted that bothered the PI moderators, relating to your account.

One was an abuse of the reported posts feature. We welcome and encourage posters to report problematic posts. The boards.ie FAQ gives a bit more guidance on this:
    You should report a post when you feel it needs to be brought to a moderator's attention. This could be because it's spam, it's abusive, it's in the wrong place, it's liable to cause a row or that it's intentionally misleading.

You have reported 90 posts, nearly twice your own postcount. 86 of those were in PI or RI. That’s more than 1 per day since you joined. By itself, this may not be a problem. However, in many instances, you reported for unnecessary reasons such as “No need to quote the whole post”. That could be considered backseat moderating, an infractable offence. Further, you often reported posts more than once. At its most extreme, you reported one post nine times within 30 minutes. That is spamming, another infractable offence.

Before that, which occurred in the afternoon of Jan 5th, the PI moderators were willing to overlook the excessive reported posts, and believe that you were simply over-enthusiastic about contributing to the running of the forum. However, with those 9 reports, it became apparent that moderator intervention was necessary.

The second issue, and by far the bigger issue, was that a pattern began to be noticed in posts submitted by anonymous posters. Specifically, anonymous posts were appearing that were aggressive, harsh and occasionally downright vitriolic. These posts were often directed either at the OP or at other posters. The moderators were also able to link the posts decisively to your account. Initially, the approach of the moderators was to simply delete those posts, but they kept coming. Finally, it was decided that you would be PMed and asked to explain yourself, which happened at 21:30 on the 5th.

However, 25 minutes later, another anonymous post appeared, again linked to your account, that began “As the OP won't want to be exposed as the little hooker she is”, aimed at a vulnerable young woman who was posting about being caught in an exploitative and abusive relationship. It was agreed unanimously by the PI mods that a line had been crossed and no explanation would justify the personal abuse contained in the anonymous posts, along with the continued backseat moderation and abuse of reported posts, and that a permanent ban would be applied to your account.

That brings us to the point that you started your DRP thread here.

Ordinarily, I would review a case such as yours and appeal to the forum moderators to reduce the length of your ban.

However.

Since you have been banned from PI, another anonymous post appeared that can be decisively linked to your account. This counts as trying to get around a forum ban, and this is often a site-bannable offence in itself.

As such, I am upholding the moderator decision in this case.

If you wish to appeal this decision further, you may ask an Admin to review the case.

Faith wrote: »
    Since you have been banned from PI, another anonymous post appeared that can be decisively linked to your account. This counts as trying to get around a forum ban, and this is often a site-bannable offence in itself.

As such, I am upholding the moderator decision in this case.

Do you care to show evidence?
    I have no desire to interact with an admin who clearly pick sides.

I was offended. I had every right to report a post from a keyboard warrior who called me a C*** just because she disagree with my comment. She is very Irish, no doubt. Great choice of word. Classy #not

My comment was not directed at her but she thinks she has the right to offend me and you seriously expect me to let it go.

How about that C*** does it feel good? Sure not.

I reported that particular comment 9 times and I would have done a lot more if needed. I reported the comment until a mod issued a warning on ms lainey guess what? That never came. Instead she edited the post who knows why.

Today yet again Ms. Lainey posted a number of back and forth scoring points messages and all the mod did was to leave a silly reminder as you can see below.
    Even to work for free you should be able to demonstrate a certain level of profissionalism. Not on boards, apparently...

This is not the first or second time this person hijacked a thread yet no warning, no cards, no ban, wiggle16 just let her do as she pleases.

Mr. Millionaire not was banned from posting for 2 weeks after multiple warnings and a card.

How am I suppose to ask a random admin to review the case if this is your job and you are washing your hands?

I know you don't get paid here but c'mon common sense cost nothing.

wiggle16
    Mod:

I can see there was a bit of back and forth in this thread earlier. Posters are reminded to have advice for the OP when posting and to keep general discussion to a minimum. Thanks :)

Check yourself Ms. Lainey hijacking another thread.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058033294/7

Can you please confirm - you indicate above you have no desire to interact with an Admin. I presume therefore this appeal.can be marked resolved

Thanks

It's time to get serious.
    Proof.

I won't be achised, called a C*** by anyone let alone a person I never interacted with and let it go easily.

I am being accused of a lot of A.
    Proof.

It's clear as the day my opinions are censored and I have to follow the mods naive way of thinking in order to fit it.

Show the messages, dates, time and IP.

That's concrete evidence that I posted A, B and C.

I sent links, that's evidence.
    Some of the posts were conviniently deleted or edited to suit a narrative but my statement in consistent in showing how this mod treats his peers.

Beasty wrote: »
    Can you please confirm - you indicate above you have no desire to interact with an Admin. I presume therefore this appeal.can be marked resolved

Are you having a laugh?

I wrote I won't interact with anyone who clearly has an agenda to suit his narrative. I won't interact with a person who has no desire to proof what he says.
    A person who is quick to make accusations to suit is narrative and says I belive instead of showing evidence to back up his beliefs.

I am waiting for proof and the thread will remain until all avenues are exhausted and mostly, evidence is shown.

LuciX,

This will be my last reply on this thread.

First, you are conflating two posters and it is seriously undermining your argument. You consistently refer to one poster in this thread, yet the post you refer to was written by someone else.

Secondly, the post you’re referring to was not directed at anyone in particular. It referred to “some people” and if you choose to personalise that, then that’s an error on your part.

Finally, we are not required to show our evidence as our word should be sufficient, and should an admin investigate what I’m saying, then they can see the evidence. We can not and do not respond to demands that we provide private information publicly, and I would suggest that you would prefer to not to have your private IP address posted on a public thread.

An admin can review my decision if you like, but if you choose not to pursue that, then this dispute will be marked as resolved.

Marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement