Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northwave Raptor Sizing

Options
  • 06-01-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at Northwave Raptor GTX's online.

The sizing charts only give length, which puts me just about in the "normal" shoe sizing of the one I've seen on a decent deal, which is 8.5 - 9 depending...

Anyone any experience of what the width is like, which is helpfully missing from the Northwave sizing chart? Pity they couldn't follow the like a Lake who give width too...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'm looking at Northwave Raptor GTX's online.

The sizing charts only give length, which puts me just about in the "normal" shoe sizing of the one I've seen on a decent deal, which is 8.5 - 9 depending...

Anyone any experience of what the width is like, which is helpfully missing from the Northwave sizing chart? Pity they couldn't follow the like a Lake who give width too...

Thanks

Can't comment on the particular shoe, but when sizing items I often check the feedback on the reviews on crc and the likes. Usually gives a good indication of whether they are on the small or large sizing scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Yep, tried that over several sites, and lots of googling, and the results are very mixed between big, running narrow and true to size! I've decided to hold off as the savings would be eaten fairly quick with return postage. I think winter boots probably justify the price of bricks and mortar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

I’ve a pair of Northwave TH road shoes.
    My feet are average width wise I’d say.

I wear 46 in 95% of Normal shoes and wear a 46 in Northwave as well.
    Unless you’ve really wide feet I’d give it a go.

Pulled the trigger today on the 43's which should fit based on the chart, measurements etc. Will update when the arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've a pair of NW Revolution road shoes, they're 44 which is the same as I wear in Shimano and Diadora. I wear 44.5 in S-Works/Specialized and Mavic. I found the NW charts to be spot on which is more than you can say for most other brands where the sizing charts are meaningless.

• Advertisement

Just to update, they are as per the sizing chart. They fit with my Galibier Fire Feet, but were a bit tight when I tried the ski socks over the top - they may stretch a little with wear I guess. It was only when we were high up, in a snow shower, that my toes were cold so I'm happy out. Definitely better than "normal" mtb shoes and overshoes anyway.

Advertisement