Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 06-01-2020 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I lodged a cheque last Thursday, it has appeared in my account. However I cannot use it to purchase anything online? Is it normal, or does it just need more time to clear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Abaighm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

All cheques would have a clearance period. This can vary depending on the Bank the cheque is drawn on and the currency of the cheque. A Bank of Ireland cheque would take 3 working days to clear. Cheques from another Irish bank would take 5 working days and a foreign currency cheque can take 5-10 weeks to clear.

The cheque will appear on your balance to show you it has been lodged. Just to note, we have a useful thread below if you have any more cheque-related queries in future:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057757447/

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dreamweaver88

Hi, booked accommodation today was charged twice anyway to cancel one of the payments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear of your current situation. In this instance, it would be necessary to contact the hotel in order for them to ensure that one of the payments was unsuccessful or cancelled.

If this payment has not been cancelled/returned, it would be necessary for the hotel to issue you with a refund on your account. Generally, a refund can take up to 5 working days to be received, depending on the time-frame outlined by the merchant.

If they deem the transaction as unsuccessful, the funds should automatically return to your account within 3-5 working days. If they remain on your account, and appear in the fully processed section of your 365 online account. It would be necessary to link in with the hotel once again so they can refund this amount to you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aisling. 

Advertisement