Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU: 3 Islamist's Neutralised By Police in Separate Terror Incidents Within 48 Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

“Some people say”

“I know many people who are too afraid to enter some countries”

Riiiight.

Your man in Metz is looking pretty spritely for a lad supposedly shot dead. Is Amy Mek one of these “some people”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

alastair wrote: »
    “Some people say”

“I know many people who are too afraid to enter some countries”

Riiiight.

Your man in Metz is looking pretty spritely for a lad supposedly shot dead. Is Amy Mek one of these “some people”?

His face is the same colour as his bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

One of them was a convert to Islam, lowest of the low trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

splashuum wrote: »
    (...)
    I know many people who are too afraid to enter some countries due to the massive terror risk. Europe didn't have these type of incidents 20 years ago,
    why they are so prevalent today? Is radical Islam now just part and parcel of living in urban mainland Europe?
    I feel many countries have been brutally let down by their politicians and I hope they realise there is innocent blood on their hands
    (...)
    Can I just ask: how old are you?

Here, have some background reading on me.

Interesting thread on "Taharrush" in Europe.

https://twitter.com/JessRobeson/status/1211931380805967872?s=19

• Advertisement

GooglePlus wrote: »
    His face is the same colour as his bottoms.

I’m not that intimate with him. He’s definitely alive however.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

ambro25 wrote: »

Thank you, you have proven my point exactly.
    As per your link, the terror threats prior to 20 years ago are a tiny fraction of what they are now. Thank you again for proving my point so clearly.

Thank you, you have proven my point exactly.
    As per your link, the terror threats prior to 20 years ago are a tiny fraction of what they are now. Thank you again for proving my point so clearly.

Ehh: https://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

Those figures include the amount dead not the amount of attacks/official terror threat.
    Those figures have no relation to this thread which is to do with the recent rise of Islamic extremism. Do you believe mainland Europe is much safer now than it was 20+ years ago?
    Do you believe the Islamic terror threat is too low to qualify for discussion ?

Those figures include the amount dead not the amount of attacks/official terror threat.
    Those figures have no relation to this thread which is to do with the recent rise of Islamic extremism. Do you believe mainland Europe is much safer now than it was 20+ years ago?
    Do you believe the Islamic terror threat is too low to qualify for discussion ?

Nope, you said that “the terror threats prior to 20 years ago are a tiny fraction of what they are now”. Now, the measure of a threat is generally understood to be the risk of being harmed, so there was demonstrably much greater threat from terrorism over those years. The chances of you being a victim of terrorism were greater then - that’s the fact of the matter.

The actual risk? Pretty low then, and lower still now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

Horrifying news in mainland Europe over the last couple of days.
    Incidents in Paris, Metz and Gelsenkirchen have left multiple innocents dead.
    The attacks are being treated as terror related. These men were allegedly already on the police's radar for extremism which would make one wonder how many people are living in the EU with these extreme views. Some say its the the tens of thousands. It really is time people start to wake up and stop denying a massive problem here in fear of being "racist".

I know many people who are too afraid to enter some countries due to the massive terror risk. Europe didn't have these type of incidents 20 years ago,
    why they are so prevalent today? Is radical Islam now just part and parcel of living in urban mainland Europe?
    I feel many countries have been brutally let down by their politicians and I hope they realise there is innocent blood on their hands.

Paris
    https://news.sky.com/story/paris-knife-attack-is-being-treated-as-terror-related-police-confirm-11901267

Metz
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7854159/French-police-shoot-wound-knifeman-shouting-Allahu-akbar-Metz.html
    https://twitter.com/AmyMek/status/1213894946333351937

Gelsenkirchen
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51003868
    I love that tweet.

"Police can't arrest Jihadis as a preventive measure for fear of being accused of being Islamophobic."

Police can't arrest anyone for something they have not done. It does seem a bit racist to suggest this is special treatment for Muslims though.

SantaCruz wrote: »
    I love that tweet.

"Police can't arrest Jihadis as a preventive measure for fear of being accused of being Islamophobic."

Police can't arrest anyone for something they have not done. It does seem a bit racist to suggest this is special treatment for Muslims though.

They need that Tom Cruise Minority Report setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

I'll never forget years ago when this started, with the migrants from North Africa and the Middle East started pouring into Europe. The EU was totally silent about risks. Angela "I'm God" Merkel and Sweden sent their beacons out, and the migrants tore through countless European countries, swelling borders, services etc.

Hiliary Clinton spoke out. She was the only person I heard who did. She was asked why America wasn't helping out more, taking in more migrants. She said, diplomatically, that various American intelligence services had concrete evidence that there were terrorists posing as migrants, amongst genuine migrants, and that simply opening the gates was extremely dangerous. What is the point of all the port and airport security if you just open the gates. Then years of bombings in European cities followed. I'm no America-lover. But it took an American to tell Europeans the truth. I dare say views have changed, finally, even in Germany and Sweden. 1-hour 'immigration classes' telling them 'you can't kill women or murder gay people' (I read a news article exactly on this years ago, probably BBC) is a total joke.

I used to be in the Supreme Friends of All the Peoples of the World group. But I can't deny that there is an uncharacteristicly highly aggressive and violent streak in Islam today that disrupts peace in society as no other group does. The fact is, some groups and belief systems are fairly incompatible. Now I'm happy and delighted when you read in the Middle East the occasion of Muslims holding hands protecting Christians from bullets, but most of the time, we're holding hands avoiding their bullets.

Quite right that discussing things makes no on racist. It's foreign affairs and security policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You would think we would have learned from the mistakes on the continent.

Obviously not...

Elysium1 wrote: »
    I'll never forget years ago when this started, with the migrants from North Africa and the Middle East started pouring into Europe. The EU was totally silent about risks. Angela "I'm God" Merkel and Sweden sent their beacons out, and the migrants tore through countless European countries, swelling borders, services etc.

Hiliary Clinton spoke out. She was the only person I heard who did. She was asked why America wasn't helping out more, taking in more migrants. She said, diplomatically, that various American intelligence services had concrete evidence that there were terrorists posing as migrants, amongst genuine migrants, and that simply opening the gates was extremely dangerous. What is the point of all the port and airport security if you just open the gates. Then years of bombings in European cities followed. I'm no America-lover. But it took an American to tell Europeans the truth. I dare say views have changed, finally, even in Germany and Sweden. 1-hour 'immigration classes' telling them 'you can't kill women or murder gay people' (I read a news article exactly on this years ago, probably BBC) is a total joke.

I used to be in the Supreme Friends of All the Peoples of the World group. But I can't deny that there is an uncharacteristicly highly aggressive and violent streak in Islam today that disrupts peace in society as no other group does. The fact is, some groups and belief systems are fairly incompatible. Now I'm happy and delighted when you read in the Middle East the occasion of Muslims holding hands protecting Christians from bullets, but most of the time, we're holding hands avoiding their bullets.

Quite right that discussing things makes no on racist. It's foreign affairs and security policy.

You get that none of those bombings were connected with the migrants who came into Europe then? All the bomb atrocities were from long established, in some cases second generation Islamist immigrants. The few ISIS people who have been discovered to have come into Europe on the back of the Syrian mass movement, have been arrested before anything happened. I’m sure there’s more yet undiscovered, but the events you’re talking about haven’t been down to them.

Interesting thread on "Taharrush" in Europe.

https://twitter.com/JessRobeson/status/1211931380805967872?s=19

That’s absolutely horrifying. Funny how certain posters here won’t even acknowledge this. The brainwashing may have just gone full steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

ambro25 wrote: »

Now exclude northern Ireland and the Basque country and come back to us with what the statistics say, there was basically no tourism to northern Ireland pre 94 plenty of southerners wouldn't even cross the border so the risk comparison doesnt make sense.
    Years of negotiations were taken to reduce the scale of those conflicts, the fact that 2015 compares to those darker days isn't something to be happy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

You get that none of those bombings were connected with the migrants who came into Europe then? All the bomb atrocities were from long established, in some cases second generation Islamist immigrants. The few ISIS people who have been discovered to have come into Europe on the back of the Syrian mass movement, have been arrested before anything happened. I’m sure there’s more yet undiscovered, but the events you’re talking about haven’t been down to them.

I didn't mention Syrians once, I believe you're putting words in my mouth.

I didn't mention Syrians once, I believe you're putting words in my mouth.

You didn’t say this then?
    Originally Posted by Elysium1
    I'll never forget years ago when this started, with the migrants from North Africa and the Middle East started pouring into Europe. The EU was totally silent about risks.

Now exclude northern Ireland and the Basque country and come back to us with what the statistics say, there was basically no tourism to northern Ireland pre 94 plenty of southerners wouldn't even cross the border so the risk comparison doesnt make sense.
    Years of negotiations were taken to reduce the scale of those conflicts, the fact that 2015 compares to those darker days isn't something to be happy about.

Hmm, that must have been back when neither NI or Spain were in Europe! I see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

One of them was a convert to Islam, lowest of the low trash.

Cat Stevens and Muhammad Ali were alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Hmm, that must have been back when neither NI or Spain were in Europe! I see.

Go away out of that, your a smart dude you know that if there is a very high risk in a geographicaly restricted area it's avoidable for the majority, or did I just imagine encountering lots of southerners who would never cross the border back in the day.

Imagine if there was a huge KKK problem in Alabama, now if those KKK dudes move to parts of the US like say new York where it didn't used to be a big problem, rate stays the same but more people's lives are impacted and there is wider social impacts. You wouldn't dismiss that? Actually on that note I hope you tell African Americans that they are idiots to be afraid of cops if they aren't carrying a gun themselves after all that's statistically negligible too.

Go away out of that, your a smart dude you know that if there is a very high risk in a geographicaly restricted area it's avoidable for the majority, or did I just imagine encountering lots of southerners who would never cross the border back in the day.

Imagine if there was a huge KKK problem in Alabama, now if those KKK dudes move to parts of the US like say new York where it didn't used to be a big problem, rate stays the same but more people's lives are impacted and there is wider social impacts. You wouldn't dismiss that? Actually on that note I hope you tell African Americans that they are idiots to be afraid of cops if they aren't carrying a gun themselves after all that's statistically negligible too.

Last I heard all those recent terrorist attacks were in localised areas too. No - no more people’s lives are impacted by moving it somewhere else in Europe - it’s the same number of people effected. I’m not sure where you pulled the cop thing from either - the statistics are far from negligible - for a black American male in their twenties, getting killed by a police officer is more likely than being killed by diabetes, and half the cancer mortality rate - 1 in a 1000. The odds of being killed in a terrorist attack in the U.K. in 2017 were 1 in 1.8 million - now THAT is negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

And I would engage your argument because...?

The point of my link, is that unlike the frightened OP's ignorant claim, France has been a target of terror attacks -islamist and others- for decades, not *just* since 2015. And I'm talking large bombs à la London, not some deranged imbecile screaming their head off and waving a kitchen knife in the street. Going back to the 60s and 70s, and ever since.

It comes as standard with the colonial baggage at home and abroad, and the enduring post-colonial African & Middle Eastern meddling.

I'm not sure how you came to conclude that I could be 'happy' about that state of affairs, either. Perhaps you can explain.

That’s absolutely horrifying. Funny how certain posters here won’t even acknowledge this. The brainwashing may have just gone full steam.

When it happens their Daughters/Sisters/Mothers they might change their tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Now exclude northern Ireland and the Basque country and come back to us with what the statistics say
    "Terrorism only counts as terrorism when it's done by Muslims".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

That’s not what happened.

Merkel was against allowing migrants in, and she was absolutely slaughtered by the media. Then the photos of Syria Boy hit the news, all and sundry promised to take in refugees into their own homes. Merkel changed her mind due to being likened to Hitler etc., and when push came to shove people who promised to take in those refugees went silent.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    That’s not what happened.

Merkel was against allowing migrants in, and she was absolutely slaughtered by the media. Then the photos of Syria Boy hit the news, all and sundry promised to take in refugees into their own homes. Merkel changed her mind due to being likened to Hitler etc., and when push came to shove people who promised to take in those refugees went silent.

Except that Merkel opened up Germany to the migrants before the child; Alan Kurdi‘s body washed up on that beach. But don’t let chronology get in the way of a handy story, eh?

Merkel suspended the Dublin Asylum Convention for Syrian migrants on August 25th 2015. Alan Kurdi’s body washed up on the beach on September 2nd 2015. And Merkel’s famous ‘Wir schaffen das’ phrase was prompted by negative local reaction to an asylum centre in Dresden. She wasn’t reacting to negative reaction to her anti-immigration position, she was doing quite the opposite.

Yet another Islamic terror incident, this time at one of England’s most secure prisons.
    Reports saying a number of inmates in suicide vests attacked guards and other inmates with bladed weapons.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51049853

• Advertisement

Yet another Islamic terror incident, this time at one of England’s most secure prisons.
    Reports saying a number of inmates in suicide vests attacked guards and other inmates with bladed weapons.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51049853

You might want to reread the article, also you are a little late already a thread on it.

Advertisement