Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Taoiseach Michael Martin

Options
  • 06-01-2020 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

6 months from today Michael Martin will be the Taoiseach, how does that make you feel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Roger that Johnny One, over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Could be worse, as we see in the UK and US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Micheal Martin as Taoiseach , Michael McGrath as minister for finance, Simon Coveney as leader of the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's the way we roll in the Emerald Isle.
    It's tradition, 'well he can't be worse than the other fella' they'll say to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Jonny one wrote: »
    6 months from today Michael Martin will be the Taoiseach, how does that make you feel ?

How does it make you feel that I don't care?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

It's tradition, 'well he can't be worse than the other fella' they'll say to themselves.

Aren’t you Leo’s significant other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Any chance of a few Cheltenham winners while you're at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

There's no alternative is usually what I'm saying as I number my preferences. This time I'm numbering them back to front, regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

If it turns out to be true, relieved that leo,s not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

I don't see any difference between FF and FG, so meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

As head of a coalition or full FF majority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ambivalent.

It will mean 10 years of Fianna Fail rule before they bankrupt, or nearly bankrupt, the economy as they are always wont to do.

Then Fine Gael back in. Then Fine Gael **** up.

And back to Fianna Fail again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

I don’t know. I do know that I feel utterly betrayed, angered by FG and now energized to get FG out of office ASAP. How does that make you feel Johnny?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Given his association with the last FF government I find it sad and disconcerting.

People forget too easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Given his association with the last FF government I find it sad and disconcerting.

People forget too easily.

People are told that they are wasting their vote and the others are worse. So it's only ever really FF or FG and that's how they like it. It's only ever a matter of has one messed up enough to let the other back in. Grand bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I don't see any difference between FF and FG, so meh.

There's a difference alright..

FG are only voted in as a protest vote when FF lose the run of themselves, and only until they remind us why that is (they're even worse!), thereby making FF electable again!

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,371 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im sure both parties TDs make hay once in power but FG seem to do it with a complete F*ck you to every man woman and child in the country.
    FF tend to throw a few goodies around while FG just throw the money at their wealthy supporters.
    Redacted
    appears to get every lucrative government contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Could be worse, as we see in the UK and US.

Hang on a minute, trump and johnson have got something done! we have the opposite issue here, total paralysis, you think thats better?

FF and FG are a joke, but you know what. the other "down with this, careful now" moron ditch hurlers, are probably going to be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You deposited the same manure in AH weeks ago under a different account. You haven't much of a future here, how does that make you feel?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112071507

Almost identical thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Hang on a minute, trump and johnson have got something done!

Yes, I agree, they have made the return of Zombie FF seem relatively acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I forgot he was there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Inevitable really. Ireland, the country where time doesn't change much

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Idbatterim wrote:
    Hang on a minute, trump and johnson have got something done! we have the opposite issue here, total paralysis, you think thats better?

So trump and Johnson represents getting stuff done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Michael McGrath to assume new position as minister of the milfs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So trump and Johnson represents getting stuff done?

how quick after taking power did Johnson get years of back and forth finally resolved? Trump has us economy booming. Its the difference between action takers and moron wafflers with no real world experience, that we have here...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

FF and FG are a joke, but you know what. the other "down with this, careful now" moron ditch hurlers, are probably going to be worse!
    Hmm, this really looks like a Godwin moment but take your pick of equally unpleasant historical figures who "got things done". Why not fire off your own manifesto to every political entity in the country and see which will bite? Better still, stand for election and see what the public think of your vision!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

how quick after taking power did Johnson get years of back and forth finally resolved? Trump has us economy booming. Its the difference between action takers and moron wafflers with no real world experience, that we have here...
    Johnson has got nothing done. They haven't left and the end of Brexit is still a long way off and if the sole measure of Trump's performance on the US economy is the standard by what politicians should be defined I'd really question your moral compass.

if they are meant to be worse than the snakes here, who take positions on nothing and do nothing. We can agree to disagree!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fianna Fáil should have been deleted after the national economic crisis and the disaster they over saw. The fact they still exist says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    There's a difference alright..

FG are only voted in as a protest vote when FF lose the run of themselves, and only until they remind us why that is (they're even worse!), thereby making FF electable again!

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

Only because the voters choose to make it happen...

Advertisement