Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Build Estate - Who to contact?

• 06-01-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi all, pretty much as the title says. Moved into a new build housing estate last April. It is essentially an add on of an existing estate. Based in Drogheda, roughly 5 minutes from the hospital, it is one of the busiest parts of the town. The original estate would be there over 15 years, and over the past 3 years they have slowly added another street after another street on.

People began to move into our street (at the back of the estate) from around Jan of 2019, we moved in around May. Roughly 14 houses on the road, back gardens meet with back gardens of houses there a few years. We have still not been able to get any sort of fixed broadband into the street. Originally we were told it was due to not having an eircode, which we then received in August. We were then told we could not get lines in as building work was still ongoing, building work finished around the same time.

I have tried all providers but they have been unable to give me any sort of information at all, only that they cannot provide broadband. I am with SKY, and they have sent out around 5 engineers, of which only 1 showed up a few weeks back to let me know that the reason everyone cancelled was because no lines had been placed. He did not know who I should contact about this.

They are still undergoing building work, but it is on a completely separate street (and as mentioned this should not impact as the previous phase, to which we back onto, have broadband).

I was wondering, does anyone know who we should be contacting for this, as several people on the street work from home, including myself and partner, and doing so off mobile broadband is horrendous at times. Understand there are still several regions who have a similar situation, and a year might not seem so long, but it seems crazy when I can literally crawl over my back fence into my neighbour behind and get fixed broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I should add, I believe it is the KN group who carry out the required works? We all received a letter from them the middle of Nov to say works would be carried out, but I do not think they actually did, nor can I seem to find a contact number for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did the developer do anything to facilitate utilities? Is there ducting to each home?

OpenEir really don't want to waste money running copper to you only to make it obsolete in 2yrs with parallel FTTH. From their perspective it'll be favourable to just wait until the areas Urban FTTH rollout starts.

Pragmatically you may be best getting friendly with your neighbors over the wall and ask to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

ED E wrote: »
    Did the developer do anything to facilitate utilities? Is there ducting to each home?

OpenEir really don't want to waste money running copper to you only to make it obsolete in 2yrs with parallel FTTH. From their perspective it'll be favourable to just wait until the areas Urban FTTH rollout starts.

Pragmatically you may be best getting friendly with your neighbors over the wall and ask to share.

Sorry, would be somewhat ignorant to what the likes of ducting would be or what specific facilities the developer would need. I can’t imagine they have not done anything on this phase that they didn’t do on the previous phase (which is my
    Neighbour behind and only finished Nov 2018🀦*♂️).

Advertisement