Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall mounted TV

Options
  • 06-01-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Can a wall mounted TV disturb a person on the other side of the wall?

This feels like it is a stupid question but I have to ask before I make a mistake.

I’m currently fixing up our box room as a hideaway for my computer and my xBox. I had planned on putting a TV on the wall on the other side of which is our bedroom and bed.

When the TV is in use is vibrating through the wall? Or anything like that?

I’d be using headphones all the time would that make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

This feels like it is a stupid question but I have to ask before I make a mistake.

I’m currently fixing up our box room as a hideaway for my computer and my xBox. I had planned on putting a TV on the wall on the other side of which is our bedroom and bed.

What type of wall? TV's don't vibrate...speakers do but since you will be directing the sound through headphones this won't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

aido79 wrote: »
    What type of wall? TV's don't vibrate...speakers do but since you will be directing the sound through headphones this won't matter.

Brick.

I actually thought there was studs in there so this would make attaching the wall mount easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

I've fitted televisions to the bedrooms upstairs maybe of interest to view my thread particularly bedroom 01 I've plugged everything in inside the attic and used floating boxs to save space,

My bed is the opposite side of the wall and I cant hear it at low levels,
    I've fitted another television in bedroom 02 to the neighbouring wall of our semi detached home; I've clad that wall with 52mm insulated plasterboard to reduce noise levels passing through may also be an option for you to consider when doing yours,

Heres my thread:
    https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80864-living-room-project/?do=findComment&comment=715111

Advertisement