Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Joyetech Coils

Options
  • 07-01-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Recently I purchased some new Joyetech coils online from a known vendor but was finding that they were burning out after a day's usage. I had thought that maybe I wasn't prepping the coils correctly, but found a new coil that I purchased a while back which didn't burn out and lasted around a week.
    After some research online I realised that there are some fake Joyetech coils out there that burn out quickly.
    Question is - where can I purchase genuine joyetech coils?
    I have noticed a shortage of these coils for sale so maybe they are being phased out, so maybe someone could recommend a replacement device to the Joytech eGo?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to fake coils my experience with the Joyetech coils are that they vary hugely across the different resistances the 0.25 and 0.5 ohm ones are absolute rubbish hissy spitty and don't last long at all. The 0.6 and 1.0 ohm are grand the 0.6 one being the best of them. I think it's to do with the rubbish ones having a mesh at the top of the coil instead of being closed in.

Where ever you are buying them specify that you want the 0.6 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Idol

Thanks for getting back to me.
    I always order the 0.6 ohm coils as I find these are the best. I compared the two coils (one 'fake' and one that I ordered from another supplier) and both look exactly the same, all the same numbers, etc on the coils, but there is definitely something up with this packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

What are peoples thoughts on getting cheap branded coils from Gearbest? They look like the real deal but are they??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I currently use an Aegis and use the RTA deck. Haven't made my own coils - I bought them in on Wish. 48 coils (6*8 types from Alien clapton to Hive). Had maybe 2 dodgy ones out of the about 20 I've used so far. Also bought the cotton from Wish - genuine Cotton Bacon. And the toolkit as well from Wish. The scissors in the toolkit was crap - but the rest of the tools including the coil tool are excellent.

I swear I'm not on a Wish commission! :D

Advertisement