Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing loan

Options
  • 07-01-2020 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi BOI,

I have a student loan on which I missed a 6/7 payments in the past 2 years. I am now in a better position and all payments are up to date recently. I am debating clearing the loan completely. There is about 13 months left on it.

In terms of my credit history is it best to pay off the balance of the loan now in one lump sum or would it be more beneficial to never miss another payment and improve my credit history that way?

Regards,

Panthera

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Panthera,

Thanks for reaching out us here on Boards.ie.

In this case, it would be necessary to get in touch with our lending team on 1850 222 200. They are available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Rest assured one of our advisors will be happy to explore the options available to you.

I hope this information helps and of course, feel free to get back in touch if we can help any further.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement